Author Topic: Purchased My 71 'Cuda!  (Read 21361 times)

Offline back n black

Re: Purchased My 71 'Cuda!
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2007 - 06:20:06 PM »

:lol2: 18 months + a restored car = minimal to no bodywork. :thumbsup: Pays to pay more upfront. ;)

Leaves you with enough time to make a couple hundred more posts....You have to be one of the busiest board members!  Can't wait to see this 71 cuda. :cheers:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2007 - 09:16:17 PM »

:lol2: Not really check the Stats, I just post say, 9-12 posts a day, not much really is it. :thumbsup: I guess when you've been here for 4 years 10 posts a day adds up. :sly: Doesn't bother me, just a post count, I removed my post count on my forum. As for the 71 Cuda, thanks a heap, I too can't wait! Should have some nice little goodies.

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 67Vette427

• My other car is not a Rambler
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2007 - 10:08:34 PM »
I can't say that taking those white billboards and white vinyl top off is a bad thing... I like the B-5 blue though. It will be interesting to see what is underneath and how some things were done. I had a few suprises with my car but not completely surprising as many of these cars were driven hard. I've heard of Julius though so it should be decent.
1 of 1 Mr Norm's T/A/ 2015 Hellcat, sublime/ 13 Power Wagon

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2007 - 10:46:38 PM »

Yupe, if Julius did it, you can put money on it being a top quality restoration. :thumbsup:

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2007 - 11:05:03 PM »
I think for $55k (or did you get it better than the asking price), you did good. 

http://www.californiamopars.com/1971Cuda383.html
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2007 - 01:15:49 AM »

Thanks for sharing my business with everyone, nice & considerate of you.:lol: But, no, I got it for considerably less than that. Those who know me, know I don't talk money or figures especially on an open discussion forum.

:wave:

Offline back n black

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2007 - 07:24:44 AM »

Thanks for sharing my business with everyone, nice & considerate of you.:lol: But, no, I got it for considerably less than that. Those who know me, know I don't talk money or figures especially on an open discussion forum.

:wave:

I agree that asking a guy what he pays is a bit invasive unless you are trying to gauge the value of your own car or a car you would like to buy.  Probably not a question for an open forum.  How about:

Do you prefer dogs or cats?   

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2007 - 08:11:27 AM »
C'mon, it's not like I've asked a personal question.  It's not like I asked what your religious or political stance.  Or preference in women.

I mean, it's not like the car for sale was a secret.  The sale ad is on the internet for goodness sake.  If said you got a good deal, why not say so?

I already know how much these cars go for.  If you don't want to say, that's fine.  I think it's still a good deal at $55k (asking price) so it's nothing to be ashamed/embarrased at. :clueless:

06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2007 - 09:25:31 AM »
That's okay ragtop,    It never hurts to ask.  The person can either answer or not.

In my case, I offer the price that I bought my car for.    $1000.
Good find Carl.  Like I said in the PM,  a non rusted car is usually worth the extra $s to not have to deal with.

I'll be forever spraying mig wire and argon\co2 gas at my mopars.

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2007 - 10:01:27 AM »
 :clueless: Hey NZ, I don't know if I missed this anywhere but are you going to put hood callouts for the engine? 

Are you going to put 540 something or other on there or no callouts?  :dunno:  Just curious.... :)
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 67Vette427

• My other car is not a Rambler
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2007 - 10:43:37 AM »
I hate to think of what I have into my Cuda. Some people would think I'm crazy. Hopefully, the bottom ( NOT THE FLOOR PANS ) won't fall out of it. If people ask me about it I usually won't tell them unless there is a reason to. I had seen the NZ's Cuda on the net for sale but its NZ's business and since he didn't mention it neither did I. The days of used car prices on these cars are long gone and we all know you going to put out some $$ for one, especially a nice one.

Are you sure you don't want to paint it panther pink? The white billboards could stay on!!
1 of 1 Mr Norm's T/A/ 2015 Hellcat, sublime/ 13 Power Wagon

Offline back n black

« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2007 - 11:30:38 AM »
C'mon, it's not like I've asked a personal question.  It's not like I asked what your religious or political stance.  Or preference in women.

I mean, it's not like the car for sale was a secret.  The sale ad is on the internet for goodness sake.  If said you got a good deal, why not say so?

I already know how much these cars go for.  If you don't want to say, that's fine.  I think it's still a good deal at $55k (asking price) so it's nothing to be ashamed/embarrased at. :clueless:

I try not ask people what they paid cause my momz taught me that was rude.  But, I am always guilty of being interested in the sale price too.  I come to the board to read a variety of views on the hobby, so I appreciate your stance and contributions.  I don't guess we are trying to pi$$ and moan during the build of this extreme hemi build and hijack Carl's thread.  I'm sorry Rag Top!  It wasn't any of my business to start with.   :2cents:

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2007 - 12:27:43 PM »
No worries.  I guess it's in my nature to be rude, sorry. :poopoke:

What I think would be MORE embarrasing and/or wanting to keep a secret is how much ones puts in a car once they get it.

I myself would not want to EVER add up/itemize everything.

It's VERY EASY to spend $1,000 here and there.  Before you know it, you've done that 100x! :eek2:
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2007 - 01:07:59 PM »

You're OK ragtop, if I was angry about it I wouldn't have put this young fellow in my post - ( :lol: ) Like your reply to Vanished, that is exactly what I did, didn't answer and left it at that, no worries. :smokin: Yes it is on the net but so is your eBay account and mine, I don't go and pull up an auction you won for pink fluffy socks just because it was available online do I? You get my point, a little common sense and some respect is all it takes. But, like I said, it didn't bother me, knowing that I got the car for a good project car less than the $55K makes me feel good lol. :naughty:

Super Blue 72 - Good question mate but unlike the sister cars (Challengers) which all Hemi cars have the emblems/callouts "426 Hemi". Cudas are all "Hemi Cudas" so it's "correct" no matter what ci engine is under the hood, it's a Hemi. The car will also have flat black "Hemi" billboard "stripes". Everything else will appear stock from the exterior except the 275/60s etc basically like Lucy. Very minor personal preferences most for better look/performance.

:ylsuper:

Offline back n black

« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2007 - 04:10:43 PM »
Back to the car....

My father used to own a triple black T/A challenger and it was no doubt one of the most menacing looking muscle cars he ever owned.  Since then I have always wanted a black mopar.  What could be badder then a a hemi cuda with billboards?  An all black a12 car would be pretty sweet for second place

1.  All black e body with a hemi #1

2.  Black a12 car with red or black interior