Author Topic: Pedal & Bezel Questions  (Read 636 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Pedal & Bezel Questions
« on: June 11, 2007 - 10:09:45 PM »

I really should know this but, oh well.....  :lol2:

I like the Challenger accelerator pedal style when it has the bezel, no third piece running through it just the surrounding chrome. Do the pedal pads themselves come straight off? What I want to do is put a Challenger accelerator pedal pad & bezel on my 71 Cudas gas pedal place. Also, did all Cudas come that had/have chrome trim all have the 3 vertical pieces or was it for some years only? Dads 73 has 3 and the Cudas I've seen have 3. I know I just got the car but I like to work out these things prior and have the parts ready to go.

Anyhow, I'm not worried about the pedals being correct as to me it looks better and I'm not going for a correct car although 90% of it will be, this is just a little personal preference.

Thanks,
Carl
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Pedal & Bezel Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007 - 01:18:27 AM »
the whole acclerator pedal removes with 2 7/16 bolts from inside the engine compartment , the rest of the pads will pull off the steel pedals & can be switched as long as the pedal is the same shape , different years had slightly different shape pedals though

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007 - 03:32:56 AM »

Thanks Neil, that sounds easy then. I'll look for a 70 Challenger accelerator pedal as that's what Lucy has and I like it. It just flows better or matches the clutch and brake pedal to a T. Where as the Cuda gas pedals look a little out of place with bezels and the pedal bezels are a must for me. :grinyes: One last question if you don't mind, will a Challenger gas pedal fit into a Cuda? Firewall and set up the same, same 7/16" bolts etc?

:dunno:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007 - 10:18:38 AM »
Yes , the chrome should just pull off the gas pedal , just bend the tabs on the back to install on tthe pedal in your car 

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t