Author Topic: Cool article about Circuit City.  (Read 983 times)

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: Cool article about Circuit City.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007 - 10:11:36 AM »
Pretty interesting, but much of it is no surprise. I once purchased speakers at circuit city (speaker warranty is usually 5 years), had one of them blow a tweeter and they tried to refuse service. Fortunately I had all the paperwork & forced their hand to get it repaired. They do push the warranties & most of the time they are a BIG waste of money. I don't shop Circuit City. 
Matt

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007 - 10:27:36 AM »
Since my choices are Best Buy and Circuit City, I shop exclusively at Circuit City.  I bought my desktop at Best Buy, with the salesman telling me that it was a Best Buy brand (VPR Matrix) and that if anything went wrong within the warranty period all I had to do was drop it off.  It went bad within a month (hard drive failure), I went to drop it off and the service desk told me that I had to ship it to the manufacturer.  When I called tech support to find out who the manufacturer was that I had to ship it to, they told me that they weren't allowed to divulge that information. This went on for 8 months.  I finally called my credit card to have the charge reversed; it was the only thing that got their attention.

After it was finally handled I spent two weeks on the phone withh their customer service people.  The ultimate result was that there attitude was that if the computer was fixed, there was no problem. Personally, I will spend more at Circuit City (although their prices are usually lower) rather than go to Best Buy again.  :villagers:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

kudakidd

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007 - 09:04:57 AM »
best buy also charges a 'restocking fee'. :screwy: