Author Topic: What type of payment will you accept when selling a car?  (Read 3677 times)

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
Re: What type of payment will you accept when selling a car?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007 - 07:34:31 AM »
Cash....Money talks..BS walks......I don't care if its 50k... not afraid of large amounts of cash!!!  Or to carry it on me. :2cents:
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007 - 08:03:26 AM »
Cash....Money talks..BS walks......I don't care if its 50k... not afraid of large amounts of cash!!!  Or to carry it on me. :2cents:

You probably carry a pistol in your pants, next to your WANG
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007 - 08:16:33 AM »
You probably carry a pistol in your pants, next to your WANG

I typically wear cargo shorts.. So the 'eggs arent in one basket'.  I have friends hold money for me as well .
I also carry a taser.  Shoot first ask questions later.. What can I get charged with??  A shocking experience???  :clapping:
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007 - 08:32:19 AM »
WANG,

Luckily, I live in Ohio where they have a concealed carry law.  So if I'm toting around a large amount of cash ( doesn't happen much lately ) the criminals won't be the only ones armed.  Hard to believe they don't obey gun laws isn't it ?

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline toomanyprojects

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007 - 07:13:44 PM »
CASH-
sold my 70 charger in the sheriff stations front parking lot-just make sure you tell the desk captain what is going on-so he doesn't think it is a drug deal-

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007 - 05:17:45 PM »
Since I plan on purchasing a new daily driver, this is a good thread for me to soak up all the information.  I'm thinking I'll go the route of using my ATM card and pulling several maximum amounts until the purchase is complete.  That way, I show up with no cash, can confirm the car is what I expected it to be (not falsely advertised or non-existent), and it only costs around $10 more to receive money at any ATM machine. (several transactions at ~$2.00 each.) :2thumbs:
As for selling a car, I'd say the best bet is to expect money up front in whatever payment plan the purchaser selects and waiting until a check clears or you have money in your hand at the time of the complete transaction. :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin