Author Topic: Pinks all out!  (Read 485 times)

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
Pinks all out!
« on: June 13, 2007 - 07:45:42 PM »
Finally a Mopar did good on Pinks. A Valient made it to the final, then lost to a ferd. Did anybody else watch it?
Dave

Offline rallyechall

Re: Pinks all out!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007 - 05:31:10 AM »
I am sure someone on this board has a car that would do well on Pinks. Anyone up to racing on Pinks All Out? We could all be your pit crew.

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007 - 02:49:00 PM »
I just went to a filming of Pinks all Out last saturday at Maryland International Raceway.  Man filming scenes sure takes  a long time.  Not sure when this episode will air but it was alot of fun.  Only 1 mopar made it to the final 16(money rounds) and a nervous mistake made that dodge Dakota get eliminated. I'm not going to ruin the ending for those who watch it,, but will say it ended very anticlimatically. I'll load some pics of the days events once my camera batteries recharge.. So,, iI will say this,, if a person has a chance to go see it happen,,, make a day of it and go,,, Oh ya,, almost forgot,, on the way out to the track I did spy a nice looking 70 roadrunner for sale,,, I slowed down to take a look and my wife kinda groaned,,, so, I took that as a "No your not looking or buying"
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007 - 06:01:48 AM »
I watched it a couple of times, and personally, I think it's a stupid show, especially the negotiation part. The times that I watched it, the guys with the fastest cars refused to give the opponents any type of head start, or they sandbagged the trials and then ran flat out on the money runs. Of course, they won, so the losers basically gave their cars away. On one of the shows, the faster car was winning by about 5 car lengths, yet he refused to give the other guy any type of head start, and they seemed to be at a stalemate. Then amazingly, after the commercial, the opponent agreed to no head start, and lost his car. When they raced, the winner won by even more, so he was sandbagging as well. To me, looks like the producers just rig the show (Now there's a stunning concept). To make it fair, they ought to set things up like a real drag race, and use qualifying times to determine advantages, and if you are caught sandbagging (time decreases by more than a certain percentage), you lose.

BTW, to me, a race is a race, period. I'll race for money or bragging rights, but never my car. It would be like giving one of my kids away after he lost a track meet.

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007 - 06:19:30 AM »
hers a few pics from the show. For the most part, when the finalists were selected, the cars seemed pretty evenly matched except one car that was eliminated when his time was to fast. All in all it was a fun day at the track and worth seeing.
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy