Author Topic: Wipers don't work  (Read 2568 times)

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
Re: Wipers don't work
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007 - 03:08:00 PM »
One thing y9ou need to know - you must install the switch panel fully before trying the wiper switch.  The housing serves as a ground and the switch will not work unless installed 100%.  I just re-discovered this myself this week.   I refaced my guages and went to reinstall the switches and thought I had something crossed up when I went to test the wiper switch w/o it installed in the housing all the way.  After trying several switches, I gave up, put the swithes and housing back into the dash, and figured what the heck, tried the switch one last time before heading to bed - Low and Behold they worked! :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline matt63

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007 - 05:38:03 PM »
One thing y9ou need to know - you must install the switch panel fully before trying the wiper switch.  The housing serves as a ground and the switch will not work unless installed 100%.  I just re-discovered this myself this week.   I refaced my guages and went to reinstall the switches and thought I had something crossed up when I went to test the wiper switch w/o it installed in the housing all the way.  After trying several switches, I gave up, put the swithes and housing back into the dash, and figured what the heck, tried the switch one last time before heading to bed - Low and Behold they worked! :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Thanks Gary.  I tested across the switch terminals not knowing exactly what I was looking for but found that the green wire was always open.  I took your suggestion and ran a jumper wire from the housing frame to ground and the wiper motor worked!  I guess the ground wire must have gone missing along the way.  Thanks! :jumping:
Now I just have to get my horns working.  That should be easier.
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007 - 07:54:21 AM »
Glad I could help out  :bigsmile:
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT