Author Topic: What is your car mistaken for??  (Read 9173 times)

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
Re: What is your car mistaken for??
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2007 - 02:26:51 PM »
Went to renew my registration the other day.  Lady at the counter looked at the pictures and then the form.  Says "you made a mistake here, your car isn't a Challenger.  It's a Charger."   Her assistant was well versed in the world of musclecars and began laughing at her.

:roflsmiley: :smilielol:

Ha, had the same thing happen to me.  On my temp plate you can see it plainly says "Charger"  and I got mad at her, and told her for like the 3rd time it was a Challenger.  So she wrote right over it "Challenger"  I think I still have it, its classic.  I should get a pic.   :faint: :roflsmiley:

:roflsmiley: :2thumbs:
Get a picture of it   :2thumbs:

1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2007 - 05:15:38 PM »
Corvair is the biggest one, which I kinda understand.  Been called a GTO a couple of times because of the split grill.  Had one genius walk up to me and tell me "Nice Ford" once...

Offline 74 340 4speed

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2007 - 10:59:13 AM »
I have a picture of the 1971 Sox and Martin Hemi Cuda drag car on my computer and my statics/dynamics teacher walks by and asks if thats my Camaro? :screwy:  I'm like thats a Hemi Cuda teach, probably the most famous hemi cuda in existance.  What killed me was that he said, "yea, I saw Plymouth on the side but thought it was a Camaro."  What the hell?  Just thought I would share :rofl:
Andy
1967 Camaro SS: 406 sbc 505 hp/506 ft lbs|4 speed|Posi|3.73s
1969 C/10  350|Turbo 350
1969 Dodge D300 318|4 speed|Dana|4.88s
1972Nova: 350|Turbo 350
1974 'Cuda: 340|4 speed|Dana 60|4.10s|posi
1999 Camaro SS: Auto|Longtube Headers|True Duals|TT2s
2013 Challenger R/T: 6 speed|Hurst with pistol grip|mopar performance exhaust|super track pak

Offline rallyechall

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2007 - 11:55:58 AM »
Ghost, I can relate to what you are saying. The 67s tend to look that way at first glance. I had a 65 that was once mistaken for a Datsun.

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2007 - 05:44:37 PM »
Took my `72 down to my nieghbors ans his buddy asked if it was a `70 and did I remove the Hemi emblems and did it have a Hemi.Then I drove to a cruise night and had a couple more ask if it was a `70 and if it had a 440 but at least most of them figured out it was a `cuda.  :woohoo: I had one guy look at my Pistol Grip and mention I had the Slap Stik shifter in there.  :banghead:
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline rallyechall

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2007 - 06:48:34 AM »
OK, we all have had our cars mistaken for something else. How may of us just continue on with the conversation and go along with the fact they call your Challenger a Charger? Eventually they do realize after reading the fender script and wonder why you didn't correct them. I usually say "It is not up to me to correct stupidity, I'll let your wife do that".

Offline Grundy

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2007 - 07:37:48 AM »
When the same person continually says Charger after you've corrected them many times, yeah, I just go along with it. "Hey, how's your charger doing?"  "Good"

Drive it like you stole it.

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2007 - 01:43:56 AM »
i work with this guy hes a ford guy he has a sweet mach 1 anywho! we are always talking about cars andwe where in the parking lot and this guy walks up and says sweet camero (talkin about his 71 mach) oh he flew off! its was hysterical!!  :roflsmiley:
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2007 - 05:40:33 AM »
OK, we all have had our cars mistaken for something else. How may of us just continue on with the conversation and go along with the fact they call your Challenger a Charger? Eventually they do realize after reading the fender script and wonder why you didn't correct them. I usually say "It is not up to me to correct stupidity, I'll let your wife do that".

A lot of times you just overhear some guy telling his buddy or girlfriend "nice Charger,must be a 440" or if they tell you about some `69 Challenger with a Hemi sixpak they used to own I just let them keep going.If someone stops and asks you about you car not trying to be a know it all/dumba$$ I`ll politelty correct them and explain a little about the different models/years.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2007 - 11:30:56 AM »

What do people "mistake" your e-body for?

A parts car.  :smilielol:   Seriously, most people know exactly what it is.  But my Dad likes how when people stop and ask about the cars, they always act like they are interested in one of the Darts or Dusters.  Then as they get comfortable, they ask "that car needs a lot of work, is it for sale?"   But they always ask about it last for some reason!  :smilielol:   And they ALWAYS say something to make it look bad first, "boy that sure needs work" or "man that is a project" but ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS the very next phrase.... "is it for sale".  :smilielol: :smilielol: 

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2007 - 12:16:18 AM »
Ok guys, I think I had the topper the other night on Halloween. My buddy and I took our rides to the local K-mart where our church was doing a trunk or treat where we set up about 100 vehicles into a giant U shape and handed out candy from the back of our cars. We had about 2000 people come through. My Cuda was called a mustang about 20 times. One guy and his buddy came through and the one got it right by saying "Hey a Cuda" and then his buddy immediately said "Yeah, a cougar!", lol. The topper was when a lady came by, gasped, and blurted out "That's a Ferrari!" I about lost it.  :smilielol:
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2007 - 12:18:20 AM »
Dang, what was in that candy?
Dave

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2007 - 11:14:51 AM »
Based on this thread and a shirt I saw elsewhere I made myself a shirt about a month ago.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2007 - 12:01:10 PM »
 :iagree:

Here's my latest... I got an email from my sister last week as people in her office were asking about her "cuda" screensaver. You know , like who's cuda is it? ect ect. I emailed back... Oh my Challenger?? Well just tell them it's my Challenger, and my Challenger is not a 'cuda..... 

True story..................  :screwy:

And family besides...........  :faint:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2007 - 01:32:47 AM »
My Magnum gets mistaken for a station wagon all the time...Oh wait it is,lol.I am suprised how many compliments i do get on it. :bigsmile:
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3