Author Topic: Bush's Resignation Speech  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: Bush's Resignation Speech
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007 - 07:32:57 PM »
You know things are getting bad when something illegally done begins receiving money from the working class legal U.S. citizens...I realize a lot of our less-preferred jobs are being filled with illegal immigrant workers, but who is to say when too much is too much in terms of the rapid population growth in the cities where illegal immigrants strive? :dunno:  All I know is it's a good thing I know plenty of Spanish as that may be an official second language in the U.S. when I'm in my later working years.

As always, it's never really good trying to talk politics on any forum, but I know we won't have a problem here. :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 70RTdroptop

• 1970 Challenger R/T 440-SixPack
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007 - 07:52:59 PM »
You
Great speech, wish he'd tell the idiot liberals off like that.

As for our new president (Pelosi )  Her's a quote or two for you:

When questioned about recent stock market highs she responded "Only the rich benefit from these record highs. Working Americans, welfare recipients, the unemployed and minorities are not sharing in these obscene record highs". "There is no question these windfall profits and income created by the Bush administration need to be taxed at 100% rate and those dollars redistributed to the poor and working class".

Then she went on to say:

When asked how these new tax dollars would be spent, she replied   "We need to raise the standard of living of our poor, unemployed and minorities.  For example, we have an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in our country who need our help .

You all better hope Bush doesn't quit.

P.G.

I'm in full agreement with you. If you think the Bush administration is messing things up, wait til you get a liberal in office. And for those of you who don't know, Nancy Pelosi is an anti-gun nut who would like nothing better than to disarm all law-abiding American citizens, thus depriving them of the right to defend themselves and their families, and she is on record as saying exactly that. Guess you can figure out on which side of the gun debate I stand on...
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440-6 convertible
1966 Ford Mustang convertible  - numbers matching (wife's car )

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007 - 08:08:24 PM »
I haven't really stayed up-to-date on the newest campaigns, but I remember Kerry/Edwards talking about using less firepower during wartimes prior to the last elections...Now that's truly thinking. :screwy:  I get so disgusted over all this talk about gun control nonsense.  Do politicians who are against it really think it'll keep our streets any safer from the people who aren't supposed to have guns, but do anyways?  Before even thinking about doing anything as dramatic as that they should rid the streets and cities of gangs, but we all know that'll never happen.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007 - 09:08:09 PM »
:iagree:

The only thing us Americans are to blame for is electing the dumba$$.   

Just keep believing what the media tells you. Everything will be fine.

Offline willhaven

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007 - 09:23:13 PM »
I haven't really stayed up-to-date on the newest campaigns, but I remember Kerry/Edwards talking about using less firepower during wartimes prior to the last elections...Now that's truly thinking. :screwy:  I get so disgusted over all this talk about gun control nonsense.  Do politicians who are against it really think it'll keep our streets any safer from the people who aren't supposed to have guns, but do anyways?  Before even thinking about doing anything as dramatic as that they should rid the streets and cities of gangs, but we all know that'll never happen.
The VT shooter bought his gun legally. Just saying.

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007 - 09:27:40 PM »
The majority of the problem is the media.....they never report on "good things" and more, it's always the bad.  Let's take Paris for instance; dumb-ass to the hill and the media is EATING her up.  Not only did she go off to jail, but NBC (or one of those major networks) is paying her 1 million dollars to have the first interview with her.  WHY??????  WTF people??? All the media does is pour fuel on the fire.  Think not?  Look at the hurricane season last year.  If there was anything larger than a gust of wind from an old man farting off the coast of Africa, we heard about it and how it was going to be a category 5 by the time it hit us......please people....I'd like to hear more stories about good hearted things, like the old mad in Texas (I think it's there) who goes to the airport every day and welcomes home ANY troops from the airlines.  Now that's a class act, but you don't see that in the news but once and that's it.  They'd rather flog the airwaves with Sh!t about Paris Hilton or how some lady is sueing (sp?) Starburst because the candy is "too chewy".  BS!  My wife wonders why I don't watch TV anymore.  There's nothing but garbage on....if I wanted to watch garbage, I'd sit in my garage and stare at my trash cans all night long!  But I digress....
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline 70_challenger

• Suburban Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007 - 10:25:46 PM »
Umm...Pistol Gripper...That 'speech' is an urban legend (http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/pelosi.asp).

70RTDropTop: Interesting that Ms. Pelosi wants to disarm all law-abiding citizens, and she is 'on record as saying exactly that'.  Please tell us where that is on record.

These 'straw-man' arguments are very counterproductive.  (I could just as easily say that Bush wants to steal your children, and Giuliani wants to outlaw muscle cars...Those are also not based in fact, but I can repeat it until someone believes it)

As for me?  Near as I can tell, peace and prosperity are better than war and recession.  I don't need the media to tell me that - I see it every day, as more and more of my neighbors are out of work, and the death toll rises among those who sacrificed everything for their country.

But we probably ought not to delve too much into politics around here.  Truthfully, I have to admit that I misinterpreted the original post - I thought it was making fun of Bush for being so detached from reality!

Old's Cool had it right, BTW. :cheers:

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007 - 10:28:44 PM »
You know things are getting bad when something illegally done begins receiving money from the working class legal U.S. citizens...
If you think thats bad, wait till you hear how much it cost per day to keep US forces in Iraq (Iraquis arent american citizens either).

Im gonna try and stay out of this topic...

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007 - 04:28:05 AM »
70_challenger,

He was quoting a fake resignation, I was quoting a fake speech, don't see what the problem is ( unless people are taking this thread seriously ).
 :poopoke:

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007 - 05:24:59 AM »
To the top