Author Topic: Living on Base  (Read 852 times)

sleepychallenger

Living on Base
« on: June 29, 2007 - 08:05:10 PM »
I dont know if any of you are in the military (except Don) or live on base like me (and Don) but i swear that the kids on base are the most ignorant little twerps ever. Grrr. there are certain rules living on a military installation and one of them is wear the proper safety gear when riding bikes, rollerblades, skateboards, etc..., them not wearing them doesnt bother me but when they want to use the main road into base housing for their skate park then attempt to direct traffic past them so they can continue to skate then that bothers me. then i pulled over to tell them to get out of the street and they decided to argue with me saying that them skating is like me working they have to do it to live, "its like air man" ... sorry, just wanted somewhere to vent. Im not that old (23 on Sunday) but I realized that a lot of growing up has happened since I was their age and if i ever got caught arguing with an adult, especially a military member on base, I would have never seen the light of day again. grrr.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: Living on Base
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007 - 07:02:52 AM »
Im not that old (23 on Sunday) but I realized that a lot of growing up has happened since I was their age and if i ever got caught arguing with an adult, especially a military member on base, I would have never seen the light of day again. grrr.

I agree.  Im not that old either, and I remember when you wouldnt talk back to high-schoolers on the bus, let alone LOOK at them!  Same concept, I guess.  Kids have no respect.  Well, some do.  There are good kids out there, and they dont get enough praise.   :-\

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007 - 07:48:02 AM »
Well since I have three grand kids 13 and over I am THAT old. And I can tell you exactly the problem. First, Dad and Mom. Secondly and on  down the line, TV, Videos, Rap music, etc.

No, not all young kids are necessarily ill affected by the residue of society, but no one can say that most are not. Also on that list above is the legal system and lawyer sharks just looking for a reason to file a lawsuit.  Try and discipline your kids who is throwing a tanturm in public, don't be surprised that you are delayed by security or even a local law enforcement officer.  To the system today they see no difference between parental discipline and abuse, generally speaking. Corporal punishment is basically illegal, you can legally put your kids on drugs to control their behavior, but ya can't smack their lil @sses.  :dunno:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Stacked440

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007 - 09:12:53 AM »
Sheesh...sometimes I think that my generation was the last to get a woopin if you did something bad :roflsmiley:
-Kyle-
1971 Challenger R/T clone 440/5-spd
1973 Duster - 5.7L Hemi swap project

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007 - 09:37:59 AM »
Sheesh...sometimes I think that my generation was the last to get a woopin if you did something bad :roflsmiley:

Same here. I was raised on the term (Spare The Rod and Spoil The child).
When I was growing up you knew when you were going to get in trouble and that you were going to get a spanking. Even the schools whipped you when you were bad.
It really made you think about your actions.

sleepychallenger

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007 - 11:44:40 AM »
maybe that needs to be brought back. I was raised on a military base and never got spanked, didnt do much wong, i think, but a lot of kids now though i want to just pop in the face, 1 time is all it takes to teach them a lesson (and land myself in jail)  :roflsmiley:

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007 - 04:14:37 PM »
Call the SF desk. Those guys are board and would love to chew on some kids  :dunno:

Lunch

sleepychallenger

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007 - 06:14:33 PM »
i did, no kids today  :bigsmile:

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007 - 06:22:19 PM »

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007 - 06:47:36 PM »
i did, no kids today  :bigsmile:

:dunno:  How many days of solitary confinement did they get ?  :roflsmiley:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007 - 06:50:03 PM »

:dunno:  How many days of solitary confinement did they get ?  :roflsmiley:

Maybe they were sent to Gitmo  :smokin:

sleepychallenger

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007 - 07:14:38 PM »
i just smiled as i drove by today. no kids, maybe that will teach them to talk back to people  :swaying: :stirpot: