Americans can't speak english anymore

Author Topic: Americans can't speak english anymore  (Read 8103 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Americans can't speak english anymore
« on: June 29, 2007 - 09:06:04 PM »
2 more days in california and I'm home.  My biggest gripe is everybody you come into contact with on this side of the country speaks spanish or asian.

Motels, stores, fuel stops, radio stations. It's driving me nuts. I am in a different motel tonight and canceled my room by the airport because a raghead couldn't speak clear and sent me on a goose chase in friday traffic in San Jose.

He can't say 1st street and fourth street. It all comes out the same. I feel like I am going def trying to understand a new kind of american language.

I was in Los Angeles all last week. I went to a super market and not one person was speaking english. Even the radio playing on volume #8 was spanish. The Isles were in spanish.

I feel like a minority in my own country.

123456789 10  ok it's cuda time sunday night. I can make it

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: Americans can't speak english anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007 - 09:11:18 PM »
Hey Alan, Are you gonna be home July 21?  TVMC meeting that morning in Huntsville & the cruise in that night in Madison...Interested in making it? Let me know & I'll be sure to come to.
http://www.tvmoparclub.com/main.shtml
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline tumbob

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007 - 09:59:48 PM »
I agree, we were in LA at the childrens hospital for surgery from out of state and in LA, english is about the fourth or fifth or tenth language spoken, sad, you would think as a melting pot that english would be a common thread to advancement like our fore-fathers, that people would embrace our language, but not anymore........I had a easier time ordering a hamburger in Mexico on vacation, then in LA or lately at the local Micky D's..... :2cents:
09 Challenger SE
68 Charger 383
70 Challenger Convertible 340
72 Cuda 340

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007 - 08:02:27 AM »
 :pullinghair: Please stand by : IT'S GOING TO GET WORSE, this country is litterally being over ran with illegal migrants, and it seems there are more than just a few who want to just automatically make them legal citizens. Then when we accumilate a few more million illegals, hell we can just do it again.

Al, when ya get back home to bamma have the governor build a fence around the state, but please let me move there first.  :roflsmiley:

Seriously folks,................we do have a big problem and it is getting bigger.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007 - 08:17:22 AM »
"Basura" Thats what it is...  :villagers:

I can't even write "Trash" on my trash at work... They don't understand it...  And won't take it... :swear:

Dave :wave:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007 - 09:30:05 AM »
Hey Alan, Are you gonna be home July 21?  TVMC meeting that morning in Huntsville & the cruise in that night in Madison...Interested in making it? Let me know & I'll be sure to come to.
http://www.tvmoparclub.com/main.shtml

I got to fly back to San Jose July 15th pick up my dually and trailer at long term and drive over by Sacremento to a sulfuric acid plant for 9 days then from there, I don't know whats next. I think in Wyoming by the Montana border to a mud plant.

Wish I had time to go to cruises and get togethers.

I will be in Atlanta for 4 hrs tomorrow from 1 to 5 pm. I should of rented a car there and went to yearone to buy some new quarters for my 72 cuda race car. I need to stretch them to fit the 17x33 slicks I have installed. Then drive over to Summit racing, they always have something I need.
Hoping to go buy some new bumpers from Stephens Performance while I'm home for my 70. It goes into the paint shop this month.  I got 2 weeks off to play, then back to work.

I am thinking about taking some courses in spanish and french since I am finding a need to have to communicate in this language at times. They have a 2000 hr job around Russia my company wants me to do, but I think I may decline. I don't really want to leave the states. I am also glad I am not flying on Indepenence Day. Just a little nervous with all that seems to happen around the world here lately.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007 - 10:24:45 AM »
Sorry you can't make it Alan.....Hey those Rooskies probably speak better English than the left coasters......I met several Russian & Moldavians?!?! folks working at Gulf shores last week...Seem like pretty good hard working people....that speak English well enough.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline willhaven

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007 - 01:40:58 PM »
I grew up in CA and I only had problems with a few Indian and Middle Eastern accents now and then. For the most part I could understand everybody who tried to speak English just fine. :dunno:

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007 - 01:54:58 PM »
Here's a novel thought.

When you live in America you learn the language. The politicians are afraid to do anything in fear of losing the vote. I have no problem with legal entry into this country but the key word is legal. We need to uphold the laws already on the books and stop being so politically correct.

this letter has been on this site before but still applies.

Dear Mr. President :

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family,  and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this. I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely,

John Q. Public
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007 - 02:09:10 PM by Tropicalcats »
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007 - 03:10:27 PM »
And its gonna get worse if the house and senate pass that damn amnesty bill. Our tax money will pay the lawyers who represent the illegals, our tax money will go to Mexico so they can figure out a way to keep their own people in their own country, illegals will get total amnesty within 24 hours whether there is a completed background check or not, illegals will automatically jump to the head of the line in front of people who have been trying to become citizens, some of them have been waiting for years, illegals will NOT be required to repay back taxes. This country is going to implode just like Rome, too many people on welfare and not enough middle class left to pay for it all. They get 9 years to learn the language lol. Its flat out rediculous!!!!!! And the damn liberals want it passed just so they can get easy votes,  :pullinghair:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007 - 05:29:26 PM »
And to throw a little more fuel on the fire, I read in todays paper where some Harvard sociologist is saying the the serious crimes rates in larder East coast cities ( Boston, Baltimore, Jacksonville, to name a few) is because there arent enough immigrants living in these areas . This socalled study, also states that these are hard working people that given the chanse can turn things around socially and economically in these areas :poopoke: :poopoke: :poopoke:  YA think its just more LEFT WING LIBERAL bull sh&*.  Kinda reminds me of a few years ago when our former governor stirred up the latino community when he went to a local McDonalds and loudly complained that the workers there didnt belong because they can't speak English.  HMMMMMM  maybe he had a point. :stirpot:
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007 - 05:43:14 PM »
And its gonna get worse if the house and senate pass that d**n amnesty bill.

I don't think we will be hearing from that bill for a while.  At this point, debate on it is dead and I can't believe they will bring it up again until after the elections.

Too many people hated that one on both sides of the aisle  :grinyes:

Just like goldylocks, some folks thought it was too soft and some thought it was too hard  :smilielol:

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007 - 08:18:40 PM »
Have a safe trip home Alan   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007 - 08:21:24 PM »
So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox

Vicente Fox is not the President of Mexico anymore.

or: Vicente Fox  no es el presidente de México

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007 - 08:21:51 PM »
I was walking to the resturant an hr ago and an asian guy about 4 1/2 ft tall came up to me in garbled english demanding to use my phone. I looked down at him and he turned and walked away.     Weird