Americans can't speak english anymore

Author Topic: Americans can't speak english anymore  (Read 8098 times)

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
Re: Americans can't speak english anymore
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007 - 08:22:58 PM »
Vicente Fox is not the President of Mexico anymore.

or: Vicente Fox  no es el presidente de México

Mike

Just goes to show you how long we have had this problem.
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline tumbob

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007 - 11:39:44 PM »
Alan, You should just go though the drive thru at In-N-Out Burger, most of the time they may speak english, VERY SAD but this the wave of the future....and America's down fall.. Tropitcat... how true, we just had a school court case here that had a mexican flag dispalyed along with the US flag....what the ??????
09 Challenger SE
68 Charger 383
70 Challenger Convertible 340
72 Cuda 340

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007 - 05:40:00 AM »
What I find funny is that if you discussed it with an english person (yes, from England) they would point out that americans havnt spoken english in years anyway.

I also find it interesting how members here are discussion their apparent dislike of "ragheads" and "people who speak asian" and noone bats an eyelid, yet if I were to bring up any form of religion, politics or discussion about how great the chevy 396 is, the topic would most likely be locked.

Also, if I remember correctly America was first settled by Christopher Columbus who (you'll never believe this) spoke spanish.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007 - 05:42:47 AM by Andrew »

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007 - 06:06:56 AM »
Also, if I remember correctly America was first settled by Christopher Columbus who (you'll never believe this) spoke spanish.

Andrew, Thanks for helping make our point....I suppose Columbus may have spoken Spanish because he was working for the Spain's king but to the point he was Italian......We are having to learn Spanish here in the US in order to communicate with our immigrants......Isn't that basackwards?!?!?!?

Andrew you seem like a nice & thoughtful person but your view can only be from your prospective & not living here you just don't know the BS that is forced on us in regard to ILLEGAL immigrants.    I have no idea what life in NZ is like & until you have lived here you will not know what we go through and are putting up with. I live in a very diverse community here in the deep south believe it or not.  My three best friends are from immigrant families (Polish, Italian, Russian) and their grandparents learned the language. Some of my children's best friends are from Latin and Asian families and their parents have learned to speak the language.  If you read my earlier posts on this thread you will see I have good will for some eastern Europeans I met recently.  Peace brother,  :smokin:

IMO this board is made up of mainly thoughtful people who rarely are hostile, at least to each other, unlike what is seen on other boards of similar topic...try discussing exclusively Mopar in a positive manner over on a Chevy board
and see what it gets ya.   
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007 - 08:30:24 AM by bullitt99 »
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 70RTdroptop

• 1970 Challenger R/T 440-SixPack
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007 - 09:36:20 AM »
My parents immigrated to the US in the late fifties form Germany. My dad knew some English, my mom spoke none. They knew, though, that since they were living in this new country that they would need to learn the language, and that's what they did. They both went to school to learn the language, later took the citizenship test ( and passed the first time they took it ). There was no such thing back then as catering to the immigrants - they either learned the English language or they didn't get along. Common sense, you'd think. You move to a new country, you learn the language, right? Sadly, though, common sense seems to be in short supply these days. Politicians don't want to offend anyone coming to our country, but it's sure OK to offend the people whose families  have lived here for generations. Everyone elses " rights " come before ours, it seems.

Well, I've vented. If I have offended anyone here, that was not my intention, just speaking my mind.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440-6 convertible
1966 Ford Mustang convertible  - numbers matching (wife's car )

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007 - 09:53:45 AM »
 :iagree: And most acurately and pointedly spoken, simple and to the truthful point. Another thing that pisses me off is a few weeks back when they (illegal imigrants) staged all those protest on the same day accross the country. There was one pic of the Mexican flag atop an upside down American flag on the same staff, and also reports of American flags being burned. Hell they sent army reserves to Kent State in 1970...................where were the troops with this kind of sh!t protesting going on ! ?

And quite frankly, if I offended anyone........tough sh!t !!
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007 - 10:30:57 AM »

It happens down here too, mainly from the Asia culture. NZ is well known for having a very wide cultural and ethnic population and for the majority, all New Zealanders enjoy that, myself included. I think many come down here to escape the hustle and bustle and be "at one with the earth" and there are plenty of places down here to escape and relax and indeed chill the soul. I think the problem is America is such a huge place so you'll notice it more compared to that of a 4 million population place, such as NZ. I can see where you're coming from as we don't have borders with anyone so 95% if not all Kiwis are "legal" so it's hard for someone like me to see where you're coming from.

It does annoy me when groups come here and don't try to speak English. Try is the word, some come here and not even attempt to speak the natural tongue. Then they get arrested or asked by law enforcement for critical details eg: a crash scene and they shrug, "no English". You have to remember if we went overseas it would be hard to learn Asian and I'm guessing many of us would sound like weirdos too. So, you have to give them a break, of sorts. At least the ones you speak too are in the work force serving food or serving gas, it doesn't matter, they're helping your economy and helping themselves and they probably stayed up all night listening to English tapes.

:2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007 - 08:16:36 PM »
I bought a bird feeder & hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.
Within a week we had
hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and
easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above
the table, and next to
the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs,  the
table...everywhere.

Then some of the birds turned mean: They would dive bomb me and try to peck
me even though I had fed
them out of my own pocket. And others birds were boisterous and loud: They
sat on the feeder and
squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I
fill it when it got low on
food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I took
down the bird feeder and in three
days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many
nests they had built all over
the patio. Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quite, serene and
no one demanding their rights to
a free meal.

Now lets see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free
medical care, free education
and allows anyone born here to be a automatic citizen. Then the illegal's
came by the tens of thousands.
Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are
housing 5 families: you have to
wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor. Your child's 2nd grade
class is behind other
schools because over half the class doesn't speak English:

Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box;

I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in English;

AND, people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding
more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder......
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline A110235

• '71 Challenger JH23G1B
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2007 - 09:23:00 PM »
 :iagree:  Hell ya!  All I have to say is join numbersusa.com to find out what it going on politically and PARTICIPATE!  That amnesty bill was being rammed through and when first introduced it was expected to be passed with ease.  It would have been, but there was a huge surge of activism by people who are anti-illegal immigration.  The next thing to do in order to get our country turned around is to elect Ron Paul for president.  I am a conservative Democrat, but I would gladly vote Republican if Ron was on the ticket.

Kyle     

Nashville, TN         Member since October 09, 2004

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2007 - 10:52:39 PM »
What I find funny is that if you discussed it with an english person (yes, from England) they would point out that americans havnt spoken english in years anyway.

I also find it interesting how members here are discussion their apparent dislike of "ragheads" and "people who speak asian" and noone bats an eyelid, yet if I were to bring up any form of religion, politics or discussion about how great the chevy 396 is, the topic would most likely be locked.

I don't dislike rag heads. I don't know what to call them. They have rags on their heads. And asian people don't bother me either. Beggers do. But trying to figure out the bad language they use is very annoying.  And I am talking about people owning a business. They should atleast try to talk clearly enough to be able to understand what they are saying. Friday was a nightmare to me. Dragging my dually and trailer all over the city of San Jose in the afternoon. This owner gave me unclear directions, and after 3 hrs and heavy traffic, I pulled into an extended stay deluxe motel and checked in there. I call the other guy for the fourth time and canceled my reservations with them. Then I asked him if he could understand me. He said yes and knew he lost 180 bucks.
I get along with everybody and anybody. And am not a racist type of person. This topic is on speaking AMERICAN and what this country is turning into.

But as it may be....I AM HOME and loving the 2 weeks off I get. osta lawego :clueless: or siranada :dunno: or gooday or aloha or later :2thumbs:

Dont turn this post around again by mis understanding my terms and remarks. Every type of race I have met has good in it. I condem nobody, just the language barrier we are forced to listen to with no ending in sight.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007 - 10:53:28 PM »
I bought a bird feeder & hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.
Within a week we had
hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and
easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above
the table, and next to
the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs,  the
table...everywhere.

Then some of the birds turned mean: They would dive bomb me and try to peck
me even though I had fed
them out of my own pocket. And others birds were boisterous and loud: They
sat on the feeder and
squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I
fill it when it got low on
food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I took
down the bird feeder and in three
days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many
nests they had built all over
the patio. Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quite, serene and
no one demanding their rights to
a free meal.

Now lets see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free
medical care, free education
and allows anyone born here to be a automatic citizen. Then the illegal's
came by the tens of thousands.
Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are
housing 5 families: you have to
wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor. Your child's 2nd grade
class is behind other
schools because over half the class doesn't speak English:

Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box;

I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in English;

AND, people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding
more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder......

:iagree:   :faint:   This post is all that needs to be said.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007 - 03:48:47 AM »
I do not know who originally wrote " The Bird Feeder" but it is right on target.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007 - 09:24:37 AM »
I don't dislike rag heads. I don't know what to call them. They have rags on their heads.

Actually, what they wear on their heads are not 'rags' or 'towels' and they take offense at being called rag heads or towel heads! The closest thing in our culture to what they wear on their heads is a small sheet, so to be politically correct and not offend them we should call them 'little sheet heads'!
 :roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley:
 :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007 - 10:28:51 AM »
I don't think we will be hearing from that bill for a while.  At this point, debate on it is dead and I can't believe they will bring it up again until after the elections.

Too many people hated that one on both sides of the aisle  :grinyes:

Just like goldylocks, some folks thought it was too soft and some thought it was too hard  :smilielol:

I can't believe our politicians are such idiots lacking total common sense! Then again, maybe I can. Anybody with a little common sense can see that the immigration problem has many levels, and that you can't get hundreds of politicians to agree on dozens of points, proposals, and amendments. There's an old joke that asks "How do you eat an elephant?" and the answer is "One bite at a time!". They are trying to eat the elephant in one big gulp, when they need to step back and start taking smaller bites. What they need to do is tackle the first issue first: Stopping the arrival of illegals! They need to just pass a security bill, and build the fences and stop the leaks. That way they are not squabbling about all their differences. Either you want border security or you don't, plain and simple. Don't allow any amendments, earmarks, etc. Just vote on border security. Anyone who doesn't want it, won't be able to hide, and we can then vote them out. After that, they can debate until they're blue about the ones that are here, but let's get the holes plugged up NOW!

I can only see one thing that we can do: Artificially impose term limits on everyone in office. No matter how good or bad they are. Continuously vote every incumbant out of office until they start doing things "By the People, and For the People" again, and stop worring about raising funds and getting reelected. That's what's really ruining our country: Carreer Politicians who think more about their next election, than they do about real Americans and the problems that we face.

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007 - 03:14:13 PM »
  The fence would help but why have we not needed it in previous generations?  Let's look at this from another point of view.  You are living in horrible conditions.  Your family is starving and you have another on the way.  You are very desperate.  You know if you can get your wife across the border into the US she can have your baby in nice hospital instead of having the baby in the back of your pickup truck.  Also your baby automatically becomes a US citizen.  When your child is older you will be able to come and live with your child as an illegal immigrant and be able to leave the mess you are in.  Would you do it?  Yes, It is VERY worthwhile for you to do.  Most of us fathers here on this board would do it for our families. 
  The US has become the world's life raft and it is filling up.  How do you choose who comes in and who doesn't?  You choose to enforce legal immigration.  I have been to many of these impoverished countries.  I feel for these people.  At the same time I must protect my culture, my heritage, and my family.  Allowing illegal immigration threatens all these things.  So it has to stop.  It has to become "not worth it" to be in the US illegally.  Citizenship rules need to be changed to slow the illegal immigration issue. I feel to be a native US citizen you should be born on US soil AND your parents must also be US citizens.  Anyone else should be allowed to become a US citizen by going through the proper channels.  Becoming a citizen should be equally allowed to all and not have different rules for different races.  For instance, a Cuban just has to touch US soil to become a citizen.  Try that if you are Canadian.  It can be almost impossible to become a US citizen if you are Canadian.  Not all of our illegal immigrants are Spanish.  There is a very large number that are White, Asian, etc., in this country also. All of the illegal immigrants hurt US citizens. Bottom line; stop anything that will aid or make it worth being in the US illegally.  Enforce the borders.  Enforce our national language, culture and heritage.  If someone wants to come here and join the US and be a productive part of it, they will be welcomed.  If not they will have to leave...now.  It is a hard thing to look at these starving people and say no, but we must do it to save ourselves.  If we don't the life raft will will get too full and sink. All will be lost. I do not have a problem with reaching out to these people and "teaching them how to fish".  We just can't afford to feed and support them any longer.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007 - 05:27:45 PM by Challenger6pak »