Author Topic: Viper Trucks Are A Great Buy Right Now  (Read 1151 times)

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
Viper Trucks Are A Great Buy Right Now
« on: July 01, 2007 - 12:23:30 AM »
Anyone else notice how cheap (relatively speaking) the SRT-10 trucks are right now?  Regular cab SRT-10's less than two years old and with low miles are going for 25K, and the quad cabs are going for 30K.  That's 15K less than a new SRT-8 Hemi Charger/Magnum/Jeep/300.  It's also 10K less than 2 year old Charger Daytonas.  Is that out of whack or what?  And there's a bunch for sale.  Between Auto Trader, Cars.com, and Ebay, there's over 100 available.  People who paid 50K+ for these things 2 years ago are dumping them like crazy.  Must be the gas and insurance costs, although the Hemi stuff isn't much better on the gas.  If people knew they could get an SRT-10 truck for less than a Charger Daytona or SRT-8, why would they pick the 8 cylinder over the 10?  Also, the regular cab comes with stick.  No Hemi product has stick shift.  Plus you can carry more people in the quad cab, and more stuff in either truck.

The other crazy thing is the Vipers aren't following suit.  A two year old Viper is double the cost. Same engine and tranny in the trucks.  Hmmm, carry two people and nothing else in the Viper, or carry 3X as many people and a bunch of stuff in the quad cab for 1/2 the price.

I'm getting one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
  • Restore it dont crush it!
Re: Viper Trucks Are A Great Buy Right Now
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007 - 12:34:04 AM »
i havent noticed but im gonna look in to it!! i bet the gas milage sucks! lol
My family, My cars, My guns three things il fight for!!

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007 - 07:15:09 AM »
...last spring, DC decided to dump the remaining 05 SRT10 Rams.....I purchased one to just drive and use as a truck....MSRP was $48K, it cost me $32K new with no trade....they are one helluva truck.....that sale is what started the downward price spiral of the used SRT10....new 05 SRT10 Vipers were dumped for $64K at the same time

...mine gets a little under 10 mpg average.....it is a blast to drive if you like trucks (I don't).....I used mine to haul yard supplies again this spring (plants, mulch) and then parked it with about 3K miles on the odometer  ....occasionally using it as a truck to haul something when needed....very nice trucks

when it arrived last year....

Offline mopar_guy

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007 - 07:18:58 AM »
i love those trucks,if i had one mine would be black  :bigsmile:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007 - 09:04:17 AM »
Hmmm I need a real Job  :thumbsup:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007 - 10:34:48 AM »

I've noticed and Mum/Dad asked me to look into one for them. Not sure where they're at with it but sheesh, those bad boys sell anywhere from $80K to $125K NZD in NZ, it's bloody ridiculous! I saw a nice 2005 SRT10 Black 6spd for $32,000 on eBay a week or so ago. I'd love for my parents to get one, I could have a drive every once and a while! They are quite rare down here so hence the excessive prices, "supply & demand" sucks.........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007 - 04:19:41 PM »
10 mpg  :eek7: that sucks i figured it would get 14-17 wow 10 my gosh!  :villagers:

Offline RUSTY Cuda

• One big step foward!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007 - 06:53:18 PM »
Crap, NZ, import a few & sell em, make a ton a moola, now don't forget to cut me in for a share of the profits, consulting fees ya know! :naughty: Rich.

Offline Bonkers

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007 - 09:57:10 AM »
10 mpg  :eek7: that sucks i figured it would get 14-17 wow 10 my gosh!  :villagers:

All dodge V10 trucks average 8-13mpg depending on driving habits. The cool thing about it though it really doesn't matter what you're doing with it (towing, hauling, long cruising, mountians) it pretty much stays the same. My 2500 4x4 has averaged 9.24mpg over the past 30,000 miles.

I really love my truck, but if anything happens to here a 2005 CommEd is in my future.
------------------------------------
I drive WAY too fast to be worried about cholesterol.

"First rule of performance modification - not being able to accelerate won't kill you nearly as fast as not being able to stop." - Dad-in-law and chief mechanic.

Offline back n black

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007 - 11:23:26 AM »
I've drove my old mans and they are definately scarry fast when considering the weight distribution. 

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007 - 06:15:10 PM »
I have been holding out on everyone.  Earlier this year I, along with some others here were talking about the deals available on the RT10's.  Not long afterwards, I bit the bullet and traded my Mustang in on a '06 Night Runner.  This was towards the end of January, and since then I have been really close to averaging 13 mpg.  The truck has a pretty stiff ride, but handles the twisties pretty well, brakes pretty darn well, and puts you back in the seat at any speed. 

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007 - 09:47:14 PM »
All dodge V10 trucks average 8-13mpg depending on driving habits. The cool thing about it though it really doesn't matter what you're doing with it (towing, hauling, long cruising, mountians) it pretty much stays the same. My 2500 4x4 has averaged 9.24mpg over the past 30,000 miles.

I really love my truck, but if anything happens to here a 2005 CommEd is in my future.
wow thats crazy i didnt know the newer vehicals drink that kinda fuel!! my old 85 get between 9-10 and i dont drive it much anymore!! i guess the 3/4 ton trucks are just harder on fuel if i needed a 3/4 ton i get a diesel ! our old company truck got 24 mpg it was a 01 2500 dodge extended cab short bed 4x4 larimane!

Offline dukeboy_318

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007 - 10:44:34 AM »

shoot, get a diesel, I get 22 mpg with my 98 24 valve cummins and thats with hotrodding it a little.  Diesels can be just as fun as an SRT 10, and gets their fuel mileage doesn't really fluxuate with driving habits either

Offline Mr. 6pak2go

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007 - 12:17:29 AM »
shoot, get a diesel, I get 22 mpg with my 98 24 valve cummins and thats with hotrodding it a little.  Diesels can be just as fun as an SRT 10, and gets their fuel mileage doesn't really fluxuate with driving habits either

:iagree:  :2thumbs: