what do you think about the global warming crisis

Author Topic: what do you think about the global warming crisis  (Read 6615 times)

Offline King Mopar

• Look what Plymouth 's up to now...
what do you think about the global warming crisis
« on: July 02, 2007 - 05:04:31 PM »
i personally do not belive in what Al Gore is teaching. I ask myself why should you belive a enviormetalist who bashes you for not helping by driving a fuel efficient car when he drives a hummer limo.
Yeah just saving up for a good ole' gasoline burning earth polluting Mopar. Yeah my tally is 1200 so far and im gettin a job soon!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: what do you think about the global warming crisis
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007 - 05:12:26 PM »

Not sure, I think it's happening but it's just so inconsistent. Not sure anyone really knows.
Scientists argue amongst each other about it so if they don't really know, who does?

I can see this thread getting heated........
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007 - 05:38:03 PM »
Whaddya think ended the "Ice Age"?   Prolly "Global Warming"......................    :cooldancing:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007 - 06:08:48 PM »
I said it before and I ll say it again. Is it really happening--good chance it is--is it our fault --NO---can we stop it- I really doubt it. It is just nature following it's course. Just because some greedy people sway a power hungry wacko in office that doesn't practice what he preaches don't make it so. If you get down to the root of the matter I am sure you will fine someboby is making alot of MONEY off global warming and it will be you and me paying for it.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline 70RTdroptop

• 1970 Challenger R/T 440-SixPack
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007 - 06:40:51 PM »
Let's not forget that the Earth goes through these periodic cycles of warming and cooling. To think that humans are the sole cause of all the global warming is actaully a pretty vain outlook.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440-6 convertible
1966 Ford Mustang convertible  - numbers matching (wife's car )

Offline asm74

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007 - 07:22:16 PM »
The earth is fine.  We're  F****d.  Our cities are polluted to the point where infant asthma is killing our children, more and more toxic substances are seeping into rural residential ground water supplies.  and I guarantee you that for every guy making a buck out of alternative fuels, theres someone else making a billion out of the illness and deception surrounding fossil fuels.
73 Challenger

Offline matt63

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007 - 07:28:38 PM »
There is no doubt about global warming in the scientific community.  The doubt is created by those governments and companies who have a lot to lose like Exxon. Unfortunately, there is no quick way of reducing CO2 and we won't be abandoning fossil fuels anytime soon. 
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007 - 08:10:44 PM »
Unfortunately, there is no quick way of reducing CO2 and we won't be abandoning fossil fuels anytime soon.

If cars produce a very small amount of CO2 (I think I read 2% somewhere) why are cars even being looked at?  Wouldn't the logical (and most effective) way to deal with the problem be to go after the #1 cause?  And the countries that are the #1 contributors to the problem?  This isn't an attempt to solve the "crisis", it's an attack on capitalism.

Back to global warming, so the average temperature is up 1 degree over the last 100 years?  And we know this because temperature measurement devices were so accuarate 100 years ago (a time when you had to go outside to go to the bathroom).  Sorry, I consider a 1 degree differential within the tolerance for error and I can't see where there is even a reason for discussion.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007 - 08:24:53 PM »
There is no doubt about global warming in the scientific community.  The doubt is created by those governments and companies who have a lot to lose like Exxon. Unfortunately, there is no quick way of reducing CO2 and we won't be abandoning fossil fuels anytime soon. 

sorry mate..not true. There are plenty of scientists who disagree :cheers:

and so starts the "heat" :bigsmile:
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007 - 08:29:06 PM »
Kill 'em all, let God sort them out!!  :villagers:  :villagers:

Oh wait, wrong thread....sorry.   :smilielol:  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:  :roflsmiley:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline Pottstown Cuda

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007 - 08:31:40 PM »
     What I do not get is that they make us buy special oxygenated gas in Pa., because of the amount of cars polluting the environment, but it is OK for Nasa to punch holes in the ozone with the space shuttle and all of the rockets the world shoots off.
     It is happening because of the earth’s natural cycles. I agree with that, but we are definitely pushing it along at a faster pace. When Clinton was in power they pushed for tougher environmental standards and got them. But once GW took over he pat his good old buddies on the ass and erased the tougher standards. This is not a political statement for Clinton or against GW, because they all suck. It is just a rant that government only helps the rich and powerful companies & people.

:swear:    :villagers:     :stomp:

Zualla...Zualla.....zualla   :bigsmile:

OK back to looking at the other threads.........

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007 - 08:38:06 PM »
There was a study here that showed that Alaska was actually 1 degree COLDER on average that the year before.

So to all who believe in "global warming" it can not truthfully be considered "global" if Alaska is colder than before.

Ban CO2 and legally we all have to stop breathing - and the trees will have less CO2 to convert to oxygen.

The loonies are running the asylum on this issue.........  :2cents:

Barry

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007 - 09:49:02 PM »
One of the funnier things to come out lately is the weather stations that the information is gathered from are located at Airports and news Weather buildings located in cities.

Guess what? Cities expand over time adding concrete, blacktop and buildings that retain more heat. On average the cities stay warmer creating a heat bubble directly over them that takes longer to dissapate at sundown compared to air out in the country. 

SO maybe the air isn't hotter all over the world but it is on average warmer where the weather stations are......

Or maybe the people who stand to gain the most from Global Warming politics are just big fat liars

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007 - 10:06:25 PM »
I'm just an ant compared to the earth and it's existance. I realize we dominate everything on the planet and contribute to the earths problems. But I can't say one way or another who's at fault. Or if there is one particular thing that is causeing self devastation to the human existance. Earth has a way of taking care of itself. If man gets in the way---by by man.  2/3 of the earth is water and I can't be for certain that things we cant see or understand completly may have some affect on the temps.
If high dollar white collar people can't make up their minds right from wrong with all the studies. my opinion isn't worth squat. :clueless:

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007 - 10:45:08 PM »
Global Warming is no longer a physical phenomenon - it is a political issue, and thus, pointless to argue over. You either believe or don't, and you sure as heck won't be able to change anyone else's mind about it...