Author Topic: changing turn signal indicator  (Read 609 times)

Offline pink panther

• Resident
changing turn signal indicator
« on: July 03, 2007 - 07:56:40 AM »
New problem:
The left turn signal indicator bulb is blown on the dash, the right side is easily accesible, but the left on is a pain to get to, I tried reaching under the dash at all different angles and can't reach the bulb, so I tried taking the face plate off with the lights, wiper, defrost switches and guage panel to access the bulb, but it comes loose when all the screws are out, but still has some resistance.  Any good way to change this bulb?
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: changing turn signal indicator
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007 - 01:06:05 PM »
From your info, I'm guessing standard gauges? Not that it matters here. I'm not sure I understand what you have done, but if you have the cover from the gauges off, and have unscrewed the gauge pod from the dash frame, I would think you could tilt it enough to get to the socket in question. The socket just pulls out of the gauge pod. It will bring the bulb with it. The resistance you might be feeling is the fingers of the socket that have to make contact with the gauge pod for grounding.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline pink panther

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007 - 06:53:31 AM »
Mek,
the face plate won't come off, I can loosen all the screws but it won't release, it loosens up but just won't pull off and I'm afraid If I pull to hard something is going to break.
Scott   -  Member since 9/18/2005

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007 - 06:56:32 PM »
lower the steering column to get more room

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t