Author Topic: New Zealanders: Water powered engines???  (Read 3560 times)

Offline emzvab12

• I LOVE ROSS
Re: New Zealanders: Water powered engines???
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007 - 05:28:44 PM »
hahaha  :bananasmi

why beer? why not liquor.. come on haha
***i heart rossy***

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007 - 06:46:54 PM »

Why beer? It's the working class mans drop, the average man.
A drop for REAL Men, not fairies in suits and BMWs. :smokin:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline emzvab12

• I LOVE ROSS
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007 - 06:57:10 PM »
haha no way beer is gross.. real men drink liquor :) real women too haha
***i heart rossy***

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007 - 07:08:06 PM »

Real Women yes, men yes (just not real ones). :lol2: :grinno:

Women who drink beer are cool but in my opinion the whole "class" thing goes out the window as soon as the crack open the tab, skull and beer better than me. Women should stick to top shelf me thinks. :grinyes:

Offline emzvab12

• I LOVE ROSS
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2007 - 07:35:25 PM »
no way beer tastes like piss lol

liquor tastes better, gets you more drunk :) among other things
***i heart rossy***

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2007 - 07:43:39 PM »
no way beer tastes like piss lol

liquor tastes better, gets you more drunk :) among other things

Beer down here tastes a lot different to the beer up there.
I've tasted Budwiser and Millers and for me, I'd rather drink Liquor too!

If you drink like a women it would take longer to get drunk. I think my best is a dozen in 27 minutes. :naughty:
I didn't start out to do any type of "record" I was just in the zone. It's harder that it sounds, like the "100 club".

:2thumbs:

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2007 - 08:25:46 PM »
But they are not creating or destroying matter, if I and understanding them correctly, they are just changing the bonding of atoms with elecrticity so that they can use the bonding force to make energy.

Perhaps I should start actually clicking on the link before responding... :dunno: ;D

Alright, it seems one version of this engine seems legit - breaking down water into its component elements via electrolysis, then using a hydrogen fuel cell. But, without additional energy input, there is no way this could be a sustained reaction. You cannot get more energy, or even hope to oget equal energy out of the reaction as what you put in. So, there is no way to take the energy created by the fuel cell, and use that to both drive the car and break down more water...

But, you might be able to use the byproduct of beer consumption to power a car... after all, burps contain methane...

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2007 - 08:32:04 PM »
Alright, it seems one version of this engine seems legit - breaking down water into its component elements via electrolysis, then using a hydrogen fuel cell. But, without additional energy input, there is no way this could be a sustained reaction. You cannot get more energy, or even hope to oget equal energy out of the reaction as what you put in. So, there is no way to take the energy created by the fuel cell, and use that to both drive the car and break down more water...

It is strange to me also, but if it is possible to use a misture of water elements and gasoline to improve your mpg by (lets say) 30%, then it would be a really good idea.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2007 - 08:48:04 PM »
I'm trying to keep an open mind, but two things bother me; (1). The emissions test results were exactly the same as burning a fossil fuel. I can understand the inventors response about the lubricating oil being emulsified and burned, but you would think it would have a different emissions signature. (2). The water-based "fuel" can not be ignited. If it runs an internal combustion engine, then it HAS to burn, and since the inventor says that only carb modifications are needed, means that the combustion part of the system is the same, hence the fuel has to burn.

On the flip side, the most dangerous thing in science, is the expert who believes everything has been explained.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2007 - 12:57:44 PM »
I did not understand that video either, but if you look at the others, they make a little more since there is a converter hooked up to the engine, which from what I understand seperates the water elements so the bonding can be used in combustion.

If you look at the last website I suggested, it is a lot easier to understand the process which takes place.  They even show you how to make them youself:

Found another very interesting website.  http://oupower.com/

It has several people doing current experiments trying to make this really happen.
If you go to the "Electrolysis" link, it has very detailed directions (many pages) on how to make your own.

I just might have to play around with this idea...hummm.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline merlin969

• North Carolina
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2007 - 01:20:32 PM »
Over Unity,  violates the first universal law " There's no such thing as a free lunch"  Perpetual motion machines have been around for centuries, each and every one a scam.  You just can't get more out of something than is put in. 

I have to disagree with 

Given time and research, everything can be explained.  True, at present, we can't explain everything, but as each year goes by, we're getting there.  Problem is, whenever an explanation is found, there's always some people who would rather believe superstition rather than logic.

P.G.

I'm agreeing with Pistol Gripper on this one, I believe that given due time science can explain everything.  Everything.
1972 Challenger, Nothing special. Just mine.

Offline Moparmatt

• Resident
  • Mopar or No Car - Member Since 10/09/03
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2007 - 08:50:43 PM »
It is strange to me also, but if it is possible to use a misture of water elements and gasoline to improve your mpg by (lets say) 30%, then it would be a really good idea.

Sure, using a hybrid gas engine/fuel cell combo sounds like a great idea, but the energy for electrolysis would have to come from the engine, and you will always net out less energy then you put into the reaction. Compared to new hybrid ideas, like thermal hybrids, hydraulic hybrids, and even the conventional battery hybrids, this idea is foolish.

However, this "egas" engine that they talk about on that site is a complete crock. They may be able, as they claim, to hide from the military-industrial complex, and the oil industry with their "revolutionary" idea, but they cannot hide from the foundation principles of the universe. You cannot get more energy out of reaction than you put into it.

Think of it this way. You put water into a container. Then you pour it out of the container. There is, aside from factors we aren't considering, like rain, no way that more water appeared in the container. In fact, thanks to evaporation, there is probably LESS water in the container.

A chemical reaction, grossly simplified, is much like that. An amount of energy goes into the chemical in order to form the chemical bonds (in this case, to form H2O). When the bonds are broken, one cannot get more energy out of it than was stored initially. And that is not even what they're claiming... they're claiming that they can get energy out of COMBINING them back into water, in a plain cylinder...

True, as everyone has been saying, we can't explain everything. But I think that we can, until we see real, substantive proof, explain this - it is baloney.