Author Topic: Who Hasn't Gone To Carlisle??  (Read 3756 times)

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
Re: Who Hasn't Gone To Carlisle??
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2007 - 06:53:40 AM »

OK, who wasn't allowed or couldn't make it to Carlise? I feel like I'm left behind on a school field trip in a detention room with others who didn't go, we can watch old videos, play hangman, solitaire & it's raining outside. :lol:

Who else didn't go and why? My reason is pretty obvious. :grinyes:

NZ....looks like your in the State Pen.....or some type of lock-down facility....  :roflsmiley:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :poopoke:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline Wang

• "just hangin' out"
    • valleyautoworks.net
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2007 - 06:57:41 AM »
I have never been to chryslers at carlisle,,, but have been to the spring and fall swap meets.. Very cool.
Hurry,, Duane the tub,,I'm Dwouning....

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2007 - 07:51:26 AM »
I just couldn't fit it into my newest set of plans.  The main reason I didn't really make it this year was because I started a great summer job and didn't really want to ask for any time off considering I've been here for around 4 weeks so far.  I probably could have gotten time off, but most projects I work on here have deadlines and let's just say the last one I finished was rather 'hot' for a new guy to be working on.  I'll definitely make plans to go next summer as I should have my new daily driver and shouldn't be bound by work as much.

Oh, and Steve if I don't have any major things that come up during the week prior to Carlisle, you're welcome to come with. :2thumbs:  I don't know how much room I'll have for luggage though as I should have a Stealth TT. (hopefully I can find one before I start school in August.)  Now, back to work. :'(
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2007 - 08:29:45 AM »
Hey Carl,

I have not been to Carlisle in many years and would have gone this year, but I used my vacation time for the Hot Rod Power Tour.  So I am stuck here waiting also.   :walkaway:

The funny thing is that my parents decided to take a vacation and guess where they went.  :banghead:  Oh well, they said they would take a bunch of photos if they can find the Cuda.   :2thumbs:

I am not going to go on the HRPT next year, so my vacation will be set for Carlisle.   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

sleepychallenger

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2007 - 09:44:30 AM »
Hey Carl,
Never been to Carlisle. Was planning for the past year to go but money came up short and the almighty AF said i couldnt take the leave. Oh well, there are many years to come. but as always  :money: is the issue

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2007 - 02:03:53 PM »
I'm here too Carl! It's too far to drive from New Mexico (2 to 3 days each way) and no funds to fly not to mention I don't even have the time right now. I've never even made it to Mopar at the Strip in Las Vegas, and the wife has been telling me she really wants to make a trip to Vegas for years ( not so much to see Mopars though). I'm sure I'll make it to the Vegas show in the next year or two.
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2007 - 04:08:34 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys, more people than I thought "stayed behind" this year. Seems like everyone of use have good reasons. If I lived in the US I probably would have made it, well, tried my utmost. I'd also like to go to the Nationals as I've heard a heap about it and 50/50 think it's better than Carlisle so it must be pretty good.

We'll. not "too" long before the rest of the class returns......
Should we put pins on their seats and glad wrap the toilets?  :naughty: :biggrin:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

sleepychallenger

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2007 - 05:57:18 PM »

We'll. not "too" long before the rest of the class returns......
Should we put pins on their seats and glad wrap the toilets?  :naughty: :biggrin:

most definately. dont forget the bucket o water above the door

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2007 - 07:07:25 PM »
I guess I will make a confession here.

I have actually never been to any type of car show. NEVER.  I race cars and have run NHRA. I have built cars, street run cars and also been to the local burger joint get togethers, but have never went to a show.

So now my confession is out in the open.  I guess you just walk around the cars going ooohhh   aahhhh and then what :clueless:   I have had some very nice cars and many of them, but never can keep them show room clean.
So please don't pick on me for being nieve.   I do fantisize on going to a swap meet. Never been to one of them either.  That would be my fun. Looking for parts without having to read :2thumbs:

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2007 - 07:21:12 PM »
I have actually never been to any type of car show. NEVER. 

That ok Alan, most times you are not missing much anyways.

As for swap meets.  I think with all your parts you could hold a whole swap meet yourself... :roflsmiley:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2007 - 09:59:00 PM »
Hey Alan,
One of the main reasons I go to a car show is to see the new ideas that people have come up with over the years.
It is real cool to find a custom part that I have never even thought about and maybe get to use it on my own car.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2007 - 10:07:34 PM »
Carl, I made it to the MoPar Nationals last year and thought it was a good show overall, but I was more mesmerized by the cars running down the 1/4 mile track more than anything...As mentioned several times, Carlisle is great to meet with the rest of the members while the 'Nats is great for the racing & swap meet area. :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2007 - 10:08:22 PM »
This may be getting a bit ff topic, but going to a show here and there helps me see alot of friends I normally don't have a chance to connect with.  :grinyes:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2007 - 10:11:49 PM »
I have not been to Carlisle or the NATS.  :walkaway: :horse:   I did make it to the MidWestern Mopar Nationals in Colorado somewhere around 1988-1991.   I also made the 2004 Mopar Mini-Nationals in Garland TX.    I didn't take a car to either show but I did buy parts at both.  

Next year the wife will be out of school :bananasmi: so  :clueless: guess I better start planning a trip...... :grinyes:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2007 - 05:37:12 AM »
I have been to many shows including the Nats but Carlisle was by far the most fun when I met and hung out with everyone from this site.There are cars to look at to give you great ideas for your own,a large swap meet,cruise nights and 1/8 mile drag racing on friday night and of course Grampas Growler.All that makes for a very fun weekend-not just another boring car show!
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi