Author Topic: Just bought a dash pad thru nitrouspowered-aka Ultimate Rides.  (Read 12973 times)

Offline JayBee

• Resident
Re: Just bought a dash pad thru nitrouspowered-aka Ultimate Rides.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007 - 05:51:47 PM »
Thanks Mike. I already read your post earlier about the trimming, thanks for the info on the script. I have seen pics (on some thread here) of a pad where it was on an angle, maybe that one was from someone else, or a bad camera angle...John
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007 - 06:16:02 PM »
John,

Keep in mind I'm speaking about the 70 Challenger dashpad that was a one year only thing. It has stitching, and the script engraved instead of on a plate. I don't know what a 70 Cuda dashpad would look like. Sorry.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007 - 06:17:03 PM »
Here is a little write up I did on my pad http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=26632.105

Here is the my breakdown  :sly:

Original pad took 2 1/2 half months to get. The pad had issues on the pass side where the pad meets the frame. The he had me send it back and I got an new one in about a month. Same issues though... You cant even leave feedback becuase the shipping takes so long the feed back option ends.

This is what I noticed about my 3 speaker A/C dash.

1. Grain pattern is different.
2. Outside speaker grilles don't fit contour right
3. Foam is to thick where the VIN plate mounts
4. Center speaker grille dosn't fit flush
5. Where the dash plastic trim pieces meet up with the pad they don't fit that good.
6. A/C vents don't fit good in holes
7. Pass side there is a gap between the frame and the pad.

It may sound a little picky but for almost $700 bucks I expected more. I guess it still is the best option out there and for the most part it looks good and can be made to look better.

Lunch
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007 - 06:31:37 PM by Lunchbox »

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007 - 08:11:08 PM »
Someone was selling them at Carlisle. Don't know if it was these guys or not. They looked pretty good, and their show speical price was around $572 or something like that. They had different colors too.

If you caught them at a show, you could look it over, bring your core with you, and save on shipping as well (Both ways).

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007 - 08:57:58 PM »
Lots and lots of good info, now the decision is clear as mud. jeryst, they quoted me $572.25 over the phone. Lunch, I read your write up and looked at the pics. Do you have a picture where the dash meets the plastic trim piece below the radio. I saw one yesterday at a resto shop near me and the area I'm asking about was off by about an inch, that was enough to turn me off. Mike, only difference between yours and mine are the script (dah), and no stitching.
John

2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007 - 12:40:45 AM »
Here is what the diff is between the two/ The trim piece on mine fit snug but just doesn't have the crips lines as the factory dash.

My center speaker grille wasn't bowed in my original dash in fact it looked great, now I am going to try and get a repo and hope it fits better.

Lunch
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007 - 12:43:44 AM by Lunchbox »

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007 - 08:58:29 PM »
5 weeks and counting.... :sleeping:  Just sent an e-mail inquiring as to when I might get it,we`ll see what I get for a response.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007 - 10:55:21 PM »
Well, I broke down and ended up buying one from them at the Nat's. Got a better price, the end speaker holes weren't cut out correctly but the grilles will still cover. I guess if you don't want a long waiting period you have to go to a show there at, if possible. Anyway, I'll report on the fit after it gets installed (only God knows when). Good Luck torredcuda. The speed I work at, you'll probably get yours and installed first.
John

2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007 - 01:29:07 AM »
Yikes this is a scary thread. I bought a yearone dash about 6 months ago and it is up in my closet awaiting assembly after my car gets painted. How does the yearone dash with the plastic frame measure up to stock, anyone have any problems with them?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline FY1Cuda

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007 - 02:37:58 AM »
Here is a little write up I did on my pad http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=26632.105

Here is the my breakdown  :sly:

Original pad took 2 1/2 half months to get. The pad had issues on the pass side where the pad meets the frame. The he had me send it back and I got an new one in about a month. Same issues though... You cant even leave feedback becuase the shipping takes so long the feed back option ends.

This is what I noticed about my 3 speaker A/C dash.

1. Grain pattern is different.
2. Outside speaker grilles don't fit contour right
3. Foam is to thick where the VIN plate mounts
4. Center speaker grille dosn't fit flush
5. Where the dash plastic trim pieces meet up with the pad they don't fit that good.
6. A/C vents don't fit good in holes
7. Pass side there is a gap between the frame and the pad.

It may sound a little picky but for almost $700 bucks I expected more. I guess it still is the best option out there and for the most part it looks good and can be made to look better.

Lunch

FWIW I have the original 3-speaker dash in my car, and it is in perfect shape, yet the speaker grilles don't really fit that well....  :dunno: although looking at the picture of your center speaker, mine fits better than that.   :roflsmiley:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007 - 07:06:00 PM »
No repsonse to my e-mail so I` phoned Alan last night.He took my name and number and told me he`d phone back but didn`t.Called again tonite and said his asistant had a medical emergancy and promised to phone back tonite with info.Just got a call from his assistant at 7:00pm est saying they have had a lot of orders and are a little behind  ::) ,should see my pad in a week-week and a half and they will let me know when it is shipped.Hopefully they are being honest and I`ll have it in a couple weeks-2 months from purchase-and they are not just stringing me along,we`ll see.
Jeff
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007 - 08:00:01 PM »
Pad is FINALLY on it`s way.Fed-Ex tracking says it should be here by Tuesday,usually gets here quicker so maybe by this weekend.After almost three months it better be a nice one!
Jeff
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 70cudajim

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2007 - 09:49:37 PM »
So Torred. How did the pad come out? Pro's con's. Any pictures of the fitment? Jim

Offline 71GTX

• It's a fine line between a hobby & mental illness!
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2007 - 10:40:39 PM »
 :popcorn:
69 RoadRunner (clone)
70 Cuda 383 4 speed (project) one of the first few off the line at Hamtramck with a 1017XX VIN
70 Cuda convertible 340 4 speed (project)
70 Barracuda (project)
71 GTX 440 4 speed (project)
72 Cuda 340 3 speed (project)
3 Harleys
95 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4

Expensive Pee is the end result of Expensive Beer!

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007 - 09:10:04 AM »
Pad looks great,no complaints on quality so far but I won`t be intsalling it for a month or two so can`t comment on fit.Just beware that they tell you 2-3 weeks turn around but they really mean 2-3 MONTHS!
Jeff
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi