Which of these Challenger's is in the best shape/condition?

Author Topic: Which of these Challenger's is in the best shape/condition?  (Read 7758 times)

Alaskan_TA

Re: Which of these Challenger's is in the best shape/condition?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007 - 09:13:09 PM »
I do not have any build sheets, those came in GM cars I think, like Posi rears.

I do not have anything for this car, but I saw something for it once.  ;)

Barry

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007 - 09:36:44 PM »
I do not have any build sheets, those came in GM cars I think, like Posi rears.

Barry

:22yikes: Easy there King  :worshippy... No reason to  :bricks1: at the peasants.    :grinyes:

Guess if I would read the top line on mine I would know.   :smilielol:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007 - 09:50:45 PM by carcrazyguy »

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2007 - 09:50:20 PM »
I was just making a general comment, no worries.  :wave:

The sheets for Chrysler cars are called broadcast sheets, it is printed out on the top of each sheet. A lot of folks call them build sheets, it has become slang for broadcast sheet. Just like the body information plates are commonly known as fender tags or trim tags. No big deal. 

Barry

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007 - 09:53:55 PM »

Barry

Not trying to  :stirpot: But if you have nothing on the car....how is a potential buyer or the current owner to know what color the car was from the factory??  :dunno:

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2007 - 10:18:01 PM »
Well, for a car with a fake tag like this one I would;

1. Ask for proof of ownership.

2. Ask that the tag be sent to me. I would cut it in two and send half of it back to the car owner.

3 After that was done, I would put the owner in touch with the person that has the paperwork I saw.

At that point it would be up to the owner of the car to work something out with the person with the paperwork, it would be out of my hands since it is not an item I have, only know of.

Barry

Offline uthustler

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2007 - 09:38:28 AM »
#5 has a fake fender tag with a color change. The original color of the car was EB5 - Bright Blue Metallic.

Barry

excellent eye! Now how did you spot that?

Offline uthustler

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007 - 09:42:21 AM »
Well, for a car with a fake tag like this one I would;

1. Ask for proof of ownership.

2. Ask that the tag be sent to me. I would cut it in two and send half of it back to the car owner.

3 After that was done, I would put the owner in touch with the person that has the paperwork I saw.

At that point it would be up to the owner of the car to work something out with the person with the paperwork, it would be out of my hands since it is not an item I have, only know of.

Barry

Barry do you think the person selling this car on ebay is aware of this?

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007 - 10:05:27 AM »
#5 has a fake fender tag with a color change. The original color of the car was EB5 - Bright Blue Metallic.

Barry

Too bad, that car would have looked great EB5  :2thumbs:   Maybe it's a total fake with someone elses VIN and everything  :dunno:

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2007 - 10:22:30 AM »
excellent eye! Now how did you spot that?

Like I stated before a fender tag and the trunk tells alot about a car, its something you have to learn.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2007 - 10:28:05 AM »
NICE job on the catch!

I just called him and informed him of this about the fake fender tag, and not being original sublime, and boy did his story just start changing! After I told him this he was like, "well, uh, well I was told it was original sublime and and all original but you are right, I guess, it may not be original. Well all that matters is that I have $68k in it, it is a great driver original or not, it looks good, and ill sell it to you for $60k right now. It will win local shows where you are from and that fender tag wont matter."

Talk about changing your story quick!

Offline uthustler

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2007 - 10:28:50 AM »
Like I stated before a fender tag and the trunk tells alot about a car, its something you have to learn.

hence why I ask these questions.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2007 - 09:47:55 PM »
1. #7 has some serious issues.

2. Amazing what a fender tag and trunk can tell you about the condition of a car.

what are the serious issues that #7 has?

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2007 - 03:03:58 AM »

Trunk extensions have been rewelded/replaced (note how the weld line is not straight) and two patches in the trunk area meaning that the rear quarters have probably been replaced, another hint is the closeness of the side stripe to the rear marker.  The trunk has some pitting showing where the mat is and also on the exhaust hanger plate.  Wiring is spliced, no spare or jack.  Wheel centers are incorrect.

No SE emblems on the roof pillars, front bumper guards with cushions are missing, grill is painted incorrectly, air cleaner is incorrect, heat stove is incorrect, non factory radiator, wiper motor may be correct, but it is not finished correctly, wiring looms are most likely missing as the plug wires are just laid haphazardly on the engine and manifolds, linkages do not appear to be correct, wiring harness appears to be missing for the horns and wiper washer, in fact the wiring is laid out incorrectly in the engine bay and the bulkhead connectors look tired.  The master cylinder is missing brackets, the battery is not secured correctly, the windshield washers are not connected.

With the pitting on the fender tag, I wonder what is under the paint on the inner fenders or if they are even original, the passenger side has a hole that doesn’t belong. 

If you think that some of the items I listed are inconsequential, as an example to correct what I listed in the engine bay would cost conservatively about a $1500.00 and I guarantee if you don't fix them now you will eventually and then it will just cost more.

Never consider going to see a car (and you should/must see it in person) unless you see the fender tag, dash VIN tag with rivits, and the body stampings.  If it is numbers matching got to see the engine and transmission numbers.

Offline rchurch

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2007 - 03:33:16 AM »

pic 1.
1. I may be totally off on this one but does that look like a dash cap to anyone else?

pic 2.
1. what the heck is that smack in the middle of the lower part of the quarter? reflection?
2. tire pressure sticker missing (not a big deal)

pic 3.
1. lowest screw on outer edge of door panel missing (what else is missing?)
2. why is the reflector hanging loose?
3. were the door hinges rebuilt? did they need to be? how well to the doors close? is the glass scratched? how well do the windows roll up & down?

pic 4.
1. Who did the wiring on the alpine stero system? Do they know what the heck they are doing when it comes to wiring? Do they have the original stereo even if it doesn't work?
2. do all the gauges really worklike they claim?
3. why the heck is the tach at 1800 rpm? (was the car running, or is it broke?)

pic 5.
1. painted over rust pitting on the trunk floor (just right of the lower black body plug.
2. painted trunk spring guide. (did they take anything apart to paint it well, or did they just shoot everything?)
3. poorly redone trunk extension.

pic 6.
1. visible rust pitting all over lower trunk area
2. rust transfer on folded back floor mat
3. patched wiring clip visible
4. painted trunk spring guide. (other one)
5. where is the jack?
6. poorly redone trunk extension.

pic 7.
1. I'll just leave it at "Heavily rusted" tag maybe a sign of "heavily rusted" car.

general items
rear valence is poorly fit
trunk gaps are bad

pics missing
1. corners of rear window
2. firewall and cowl area
3. entire underside of vehicle
there is not one picture or mention of the suspension
how thick is the mud on the car?
what kind of shape are the floorpans in?

for $43,000 there seem to be ALOT of unknowns, half finished items & poorly installed & incorrectly parts. but hey, its your 43Gs...

I'm just a novice, any of you "old farts" :biggrin: want to take a swing at this car & whats missing?