Which of these Challenger's is in the best shape/condition?

Author Topic: Which of these Challenger's is in the best shape/condition?  (Read 7761 times)

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
Re: Which of these Challenger's is in the best shape/condition?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007 - 05:04:23 PM »
IMO, they go in this order, 3 then 1 then 2.

Althought #2 could go higher if there where more photos of the car.

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007 - 05:21:36 PM »
It's a mixed bag.  Everyone of these cars have parts that do not match the year of the car.  The R/T S/E has all original body panels and yet it also has a 71 up inner fender and a 73,74 inner fender along with the wrong wheels centers and a Little Red air cleaner.  The hood hinges also look newer than 70.I would be most concerned about the inner fenders.  They are a weld in part and the car was rebuilt or it is a rebody.  The white 440 was a NOM when it was changed to a Hemi, yet they don't know where the original engine is??  How did they loose it?  I suspect they did not know it was NOM when done and would check things out before I trusted anything.  The 383 R/T barn find looks to be the most complete.  The door panels are correct for the build date.  From what is pictured it looks correct. It may be the best car as far as originality goes.  It is also the most common of the three.  It would be hard to judge without going over each car.  What are you looking for in a car,  rare numbers; a correct restoration; a driver??
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007 - 05:33:55 PM by Challenger6pak »
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007 - 08:59:09 PM »
It's a mixed bag.  Everyone of these cars have parts that do not match the year of the car.  The R/T S/E has all original body panels and yet it also has a 71 up inner fender and a 73,74 inner fender along with the wrong wheels centers and a Little Red air cleaner.  The hood hinges also look newer than 70.I would be most concerned about the inner fenders.  They are a weld in part and the car was rebuilt or it is a rebody.  The white 440 was a NOM when it was changed to a Hemi, yet they don't know where the original engine is??  How did they loose it?  I suspect they did not know it was NOM when done and would check things out before I trusted anything.  The 383 R/T barn find looks to be the most complete.  The door panels are correct for the build date.  From what is pictured it looks correct. It may be the best car as far as originality goes.  It is also the most common of the three.  It would be hard to judge without going over each car.  What are you looking for in a car,  rare numbers; a correct restoration; a driver??

Im looking for a 70, E Body, 440 car, preferably 4 speed that I can drive daily.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007 - 09:05:27 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-DODGE-CHALLENGER-RT-SE-383-4-SPD-RESTORED-MINT_W0QQitemZ220126190227QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6198QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Which of those 7 are in the best condition? Rank em if you dont mind as to best condition overall.

Offline Bondavi

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007 - 12:55:52 AM »
In order, 3, 7, and #4. I'd forget about the rest.

#5 we have someone representing a RT/SE with a non-RT/SE VIN. #6 has undercoating (hiding rust repair?), too many aftermarket mods. #1 body lines look "off" (bodywork?), #2 looks like a slap a hemi and flip it wannabe (these people don't pay as much attention to body details).

The red R/T (#3) is a true sleeper, but for a driver I'd go for the FF4 RT/SE or the sublime R/T with the factory painted roof. Edge going to the sublime car due to the big bad 440, stick and 3.54 gears.
David

'70 Challenger R/T FC7 440-6 4spd N96 3.54 Dana - SOLD

Offline uthustler

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007 - 06:20:27 AM »

#5 we have someone representing a RT/SE with a non-RT/SE VIN. #6 has undercoating (hiding rust repair?), too many aftermarket mods. #1 body lines look "off" (bodywork?), #2 looks like a slap a hemi and flip it wannabe (these people don't pay as much attention to body details).

The red R/T (#3) is a true sleeper, but for a driver I'd go for the FF4 RT/SE or the sublime R/T with the factory painted roof. Edge going to the sublime car due to the big bad 440, stick and 3.54 gears.

thanks, what is FF4?

Offline uthustler

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007 - 06:22:46 AM »

To mix this up a little, im going to throw this car into the mix for $35k

http://www.specialtysales.com/inventory_detailed.php?id=0655&nhs=0&make=&model=&ext_color=&stockno=&eyear=2007&syear=1900&eprice=&sprice=&keywords=&location=&type=used&specials=&rtd=250&solds=&replica=&ob=yr&desc=&t=1970+Plymouth+Cuda

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007 - 11:36:20 AM »
1. #7 has some serious issues.

2. Amazing what a fender tag and trunk can tell you about the condition of a car.

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007 - 11:41:37 AM »
FF4 is the paint code for medium green metallic.

Offline 70challrtse

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007 - 12:28:11 PM »
You can't tell about the condition of a car from pics over a computer. If you are sincerely interested in buying a car then go see the cars and then judge for yourself. :2cents:

Offline uthustler

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007 - 12:36:29 PM »
You can't tell about the condition of a car from pics over a computer. If you are sincerely interested in buying a car then go see the cars and then judge for yourself. :2cents:

So if am seriously interested in 11 cars around the nation, fly to 11 different cities all across the nation? Um, yea, no.

Offline 70challrtse

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007 - 12:43:31 PM »
"....seriously intereseted in 11 cars...."
How about narrowing it down to say 2 or 3 cars.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007 - 12:45:22 PM »
"....seriously intereseted in 11 cars...."
How about narrowing it down to say 2 or 3 cars.

And you do not see the point of this thread because………?