Author Topic: Which of these Challenger's is in the best shape/condition?  (Read 7785 times)

Offline FY1 RT SE

Re: Which of these Challenger's is in the best shape/condition?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007 - 01:15:14 PM »
You can't tell about the condition of a car from pics over a computer. If you are sincerely interested in buying a car then go see the cars and then judge for yourself. :2cents:

So if am seriously interested in 11 cars around the nation, fly to 11 different cities all across the nation? Um, yea, no.

If you cannot tell a potential problem from looking at pictures it doesn't matter if you see it in person as it is obvious you do not have clue what a problem may be and what to look for.

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007 - 01:23:07 PM »
I would first figure out what you want in a car.  Since you said driver it makes it a broad catagory.  How much do you want to spend?  How much risk do you want out there when you are driving your car?  For instance I am doing a fix up, not a restoration, on a 70 S/E.  It came with a 383.  I'm going to leave the 318 in it that is in it now.  I can drive long distances to shows and where ever and not worry too much about the car. I'll have the R/T S/E look.  I am willing to take the risk of accidents and theft with the car.  I would not take that risk with either of my six pack cars.  Yes, they could be driven daily, but it would be foolish. I would set some limits as far as cost and originality and then look for cars that fall into your criteria.  You may not need NOM or originality.  I don't want the S/E to be original.  It came with white walls and drum brakes.  You may feel the same with your car. From there you will be able to narrow your search to 2 or 3 cars.  If you have not been through this it can be a learning experience. Before I spend the kind of money that these cars are going for I would see the car in person. There are a lot of good people here that will help with questions you have.  I would narrow your search and ask more specific questions.  Good luck in your search.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007 - 01:31:26 PM by Challenger6pak »
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007 - 01:36:09 PM »
If you cannot tell a potential problem from looking at pictures it doesn't matter if you see it in person as it is obvious you do not have clue what a problem may be and what to look for.

and you STILL dont get it.

what the heck do you think the point of this stinkin thread is?????
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007 - 01:43:12 PM by uthustler »

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007 - 01:43:58 PM »
I beginning to wonder who doesn't get what.  Are you trying to pick a fight with FY1 RT SE or 70challrtse :dunno:   

I'd suggest just looking for a car and not worrying about it.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007 - 01:45:27 PM »
I would first figure out what you want in a car.  Since you said driver it makes it a broad catagory.  How much do you want to spend?  How much risk do you want out there when you are driving your car?  For instance I am doing a fix up, not a restoration, on a 70 S/E.  It came with a 383.  I'm going to leave the 318 in it that is in it now.  I can drive long distances to shows and where ever and not worry too much about the car. I'll have the R/T S/E look.  I am willing to take the risk of accidents and theft with the car.  I would not take that risk with either of my six pack cars.  Yes, they could be driven daily, but it would be foolish. I would set some limits as far as cost and originality and then look for cars that fall into your criteria.  You may not need NOM or originality.  I don't want the S/E to be original.  It came with white walls and drum brakes.  You may feel the same with your car. From there you will be able to narrow your search to 2 or 3 cars.  If you have not been through this it can be a learning experience. Before I spend the kind of money that these cars are going for I would see the car in person. There are a lot of good people here that will help with questions you have.  I would narrow your search and ask more specific questions.  Good luck in your search.

up to $50k
I dont care about risk to my car, it is insured, ill be driving it and enjoying it daily
I just dont know whether it is worth the extra $$$ to get #'s matching for a frequent driver. I can always pull it and set the #'s motor over in the corner, but not sure if that is the best to do. BUT, on the flipside, if i ever had to sell the car, I dont want to be stuck with something I cant move if needed. That is where im stuck. Like I really like Go Mango, but could accept Panther Pink, Sublime, or Plum Crazy. I want 4 speed, but could do a 727.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007 - 01:47:40 PM »
I beginning to wonder who doesn't get what.  Are you trying to pick a fight with FY1 RT SE or 70challrtse :dunno:   

I'd suggest just looking for a car and not worrying about it.

I dont get his replies, Im not picking anything. I dont see why he cant see the point of this thread- it is quite simple. To educate myself on teh cars Im looking at, what to look for, what to avoid, what to be watchful for in my search. It is nothing more than an education tool in my search. I was burned 13 years ago on a 68 RS/SS camaro purchase and will not have that happen again. I will ask board member's input, suggestions, opinions, in my search to learn more and be a much more educated buyer this go round. The reason I ask for input on those 7 or 8 cars is b/c each person's reply teaches me something else to look for. For example, I didnt know that 71 inner fender wells were used on that one RT/SE- new to me. See what I mean?

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007 - 01:51:48 PM »
I do not know of insurance that you can get to drive the car daily with full coverage.  That is where I have also run into trouble.  I can get PIP but I can't insure a $50,000 Challenger the way I can insure a NEW $50,000 BMW.  That is part of the reason I drive a BMW as a daily.  If you find insurance where you can drive the Challenger daily with full coverage please let me know where to get it.  The insurance issue may influence your decision.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007 - 02:17:55 PM »
I do not know of insurance that you can get to drive the car daily with full coverage.  That is where I have also run into trouble.  I can get PIP but I can't insure a $50,000 Challenger the way I can insure a NEW $50,000 BMW.  That is part of the reason I drive a BMW as a daily.  If you find insurance where you can drive the Challenger daily with full coverage please let me know where to get it.  The insurance issue may influence your decision.

what is the most you have found? My state farm agent (my brother) told me he would insure it that much for that long.

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007 - 02:29:40 PM »
When I last checked I could ONLY get full converage as collector car insurance.  That meant I couldn't leave it unattended, as in the shopping center parking lot or my work parking lot.  I was limited on how many miles I drove the car and so on and so forth.  Basically I couldn't use the car as a daily. It was insured for a pleasure drive or to go to a car show.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007 - 02:53:37 PM »
When I last checked I could ONLY get full converage as collector car insurance.  That meant I couldn't leave it unattended, as in the shopping center parking lot or my work parking lot.  I was limited on how many miles I drove the car and so on and so forth.  Basically I couldn't use the car as a daily. It was insured for a pleasure drive or to go to a car show.

who is the policy holder? what does it cost you per month? what is it insured for?

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007 - 03:00:20 PM »
I am only going to be able to get PIP on my 70 S/E.  The other cars are in the project state as are covered in that way.

Offline uthustler

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007 - 03:12:19 PM »
I am only going to be able to get PIP on my 70 S/E.  The other cars are in the project state as are covered in that way.

any specs on your policy?

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007 - 03:22:44 PM »
No.  Just check around and see what you can find.  If you find someone who will write a stated value policy and give full coverage for daily driving , please post it.

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2007 - 08:51:15 PM »
#5 has a fake fender tag with a color change. The original color of the car was EB5 - Bright Blue Metallic.

Barry

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007 - 09:09:28 PM »
#5 has a fake fender tag with a color change. The original color of the car was EB5 - Bright Blue Metallic.

Barry

Do you have the buildsheet for that car??  :popcorn:  That might be a shock to the current owner if they bought it as a real "FJ5 car".  :22yikes: