Author Topic: Ok, I made a semi bad mistake  (Read 1481 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Ok, I made a semi bad mistake
« on: July 13, 2007 - 09:43:56 PM »
Well I had 2 weeks off from work so I worked at home an average of 18 hrs a day. ..Ok, I'm known for that and got lots of things done.

Problem is, I'm getting old. My vision is going bad amongst other things and I knew that in 2 weeks and 1 day I would be in a sulfuric acid plant working.

So what did i do?  I got about a dozen deep infected cuts on me from doing tough odd  hard to do jobs and now I am taking a very big risk of getting poisoned again at this kind of plant. The last time put me in to the hospital twice in 2 weeks at 2 days each and 4 days in the motel room being very sick. I lost 25lbs from being zapped by the poison.

So now I got my wife worrying because I just jump right in and get things done.  I hired a new helper, but I can't let him do anything in this plant but carry a few things for me because of all the possible ways he could be hurt or poisoned without experience. So I messed up a bit.

So If I am not much a few days in a row, you guys know I got a taste of some bad mixture. But it happens

Here's a 3 day list of what I did and you can see why it's possible to get a few cuts and bruises.

Wed thur fri

Install a capaciter in my new home ac unit, change all filters and insulate the edges of the unit,
Hang a 30x80 inside door
Mow and detail 1.5 acres
manually repair 2 flats on my car trailer
install a trailer hitch on my suv
put a water pump on my pickup
put a tube in the dirtbike so my brother can ride my autistic nephew around the yard for hrs  (priceless)
Install new shower heads
install big screen tv in entertainment center
finish the clutch on my barracuda
pull the tail light housings and sand and paint and clean lenses
tune up 3 lawn mowers and sharpen blades
Install heat and air in my shop
Install stainless steel sink in my shop
Tear down a 318 to build for my dads pickup
plant 4 bellpepper plants  2 tomato plants and 4 pots of flowers
tear down a 12x8 shed and haul off
move all the furniture in the den and living room...Honey do
Install hand rails on the front steps
Hang 1 ceiling fan
Ship parts out to 4 members

I AM TIRED    and now it's time to go to work
Where have the days gone?  I got 1 day left of work before I go work.  So I am going to finish putting on the body paint gaskets on the barracuda, weld up one muffler bracket brace and install my rear sway bar.
It's time to unwind.

Offline heminut

• Resident
  • owner of the poor man's Hemi Cuda
Re: Ok, I made a semi bad mistake
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007 - 10:17:04 PM »
Alan, it sounds like you need to go back to work so you can relax!!! :roflsmiley:
I think if you actually took a day off and didn't do anything the experience would traumatize you so bad you would never be the same! :smilielol:
1970 5.7 Hemi Cuda

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007 - 10:21:57 PM »
Just from past posts, it seems like Alan's way of relaxing is to work more.

Take a break once in a while Al, you deserve it.  :cheers:

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007 - 10:37:50 PM »
Holy Crap Al. I don't get that much done in a year. Course I got 4 kids at home, but still...

You need to rest a bit, or you will get it in the hospital.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007 - 10:39:52 PM »
And if your wife is anythng like mine when you get back you can "move all the furniture in the den and living room" back to where it was to begin with... :poopoke:
Get some work gloves......for your days off!  :grinyes:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007 - 05:13:20 AM »
Yeah, I went to bed at 1 am and my dad got me up at 5 asking me to pull the heater core out of his 81 dodge truck now. I just got started on his engine thursday. I wanted to play with my barracuda for a bit today since it's my last day off before going back to work. I don't know why I always feel I got to fix something everyday. Maybe I am afraid my body will quit working as I get up into the older years.

My wife put neosporin on some of my infected cuts last night and taped them down for me.  I can get some rest on the plane ride to ca. Then atleast when i get to the job, I can get back into the fix the world crap I go through for the next 4 or 5 weeks. My job seems like easier work then my home work since it's only done in a one skilled area instead of muti tasking.

If you need a lesson on self motivation, come on over sometime. I'm sure you'd enjoy the punishment :bigsmile:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007 - 09:51:54 AM »
   :faint:   :faint:   :faint:

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007 - 01:40:48 PM »
Just reading everything you did made me tired...I'm going for a nap. Slow down man, you'll burn yourself out.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2007 - 10:29:56 PM »
Like i have posted before,this is how i mow my 5 acres :bigsmile:
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007 - 06:17:38 PM »
 :wow:
Holy cow AL,
Do you ever just go for a walk or watch a movie on that big screen TV you just installed?? I'm still trying to finish the painting on my home (exterior) and it's been almost a year in the doing, but I'm about 70% done. About the time I am finished, it will need painting again!! :smilielol: :smilielol:  I need some lessons from you!! Take it easy AL. You don't want to end up in the hospital. Listen to your wife!!  :nono: A hyper guy like you would go stir crazy in the hospital!! :jumping: What the heck do you do in a sulfuric acid plant?? Make car batteries?? I was just curious?? :clueless:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007 - 07:40:13 PM »
 :wow:

Alan, I thought you were trying to retire???
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Robert1050

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007 - 11:39:58 PM »
I got worn out just reading your post....

I also tend to just keep working away on jobs when I should have quit hours ago -  I've spent all my life working in machine shops & most of my hands are now scar tissue.  I used to moonlight working armed security. so I had to get my fingerprints done once a year for permit renewals & had a ***** of a time getting a decent set.  Used to drive the local Sheriff's crazy.  I've since learned my lesson & when I stick my hands into harm's way, I wear a good pair of leather workman's gloves.  Yeah, it makes some things tougher to do, but I still have all 10 digits left. 
1970 Challenger R/T 440-4
1970 'Cuda 440-6 (Gone, but not forgotten)
1999 Sea-Doo XPL 69.0 MPH
1998 Sea-Doo XPL 66.3 MPH
1981 Eliminator Daytona 80.3 MPH

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007 - 11:56:38 PM »
Yeah , I wear gloves on some of the harder stuff.

I just got to the motel around Sacremento Ca.  I'm beat and gotta get up at 5 am tomorrow. Been a very long day for me. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

And yes I did retire back in Oct of 2006, and I am not starving for money, they keep asking me back till they get people trained. Plus, I really like a challenging job. I'm going to fly my wife out here next week, then this motel room can be called home :wave:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007 - 08:07:36 AM »
 :faint: AL,you have to slow down and smell the roses at least take a wiff while going by.  :lol: No really slooooow down.  :thumbsup:  :cheers:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007 - 07:34:17 PM »
Reading all that made me tired,,,,, IMO,, next time you have a week or so off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, GO FISHING!!!!!!!!!! all the stuff around the house,shop and cars can wait. You deserve it
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy