Author Topic: Sub board for B and A body's?  (Read 2330 times)

Offline tosho62

Sub board for B and A body's?
« on: July 16, 2007 - 05:33:38 PM »
      I dont have a clue if its ever been brought up over here, maybee it has at one time.  I like coming in here, great site. My brother owns an Ebody {'70 Chally R/T} I used to {'74 Chally Rallye w/383}  and I now own a 70 Duster 340.  I just thought would be cool for a seperate, and specific "Dart-Demon -Duster" and "R.R., GTX, Super B, Charger"  sub board.  The "other Mopars" seems to be used as an off topic or generic discussion. 

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
Re: Sub board for B and A body's?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007 - 07:10:10 PM »
OK by me but I think the moderators that keep the board straight might  :pullinghair: have another opinion.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007 - 07:31:26 PM »
I think if your were to do anything in that line of thinking  . . . it would be to just split the "other mopars/off topic" into two seperate areas.  But the decision is up to the Admin . .  :grinyes:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007 - 08:13:42 PM »

Leave it be I say. This site was built for and is for, E-Bodies and A-Body Barracudas. There are designated B-Body boards for Chargers and the-like, not too mention an A-Bodies only board. "If we did have forums for B and As, why leave C-Bodies, F-Bodies & LX platforms out, etc?" The board gets messy, fast. The last thing we need IMHO is another 3 or 4 forum sections making the users scroll past 50 sections to get to where they want. Another thing, if we did have other body style sections that would make us yet another "all Mopar" style board. We are now but don't need to advertise it.

Everyone is welcome here no matter the car, just post in Off Topic and as is, we always get questions asked and answered about any car style in the mechanical section, where not going to help someone just because it's not E-Body lol and I think we've even helped a few Ford and Chev owners. I have always thought our specific theme, Q&A, photos and discussions were based around E-Bodies. I know it's a couple of sections but read blue. :2cents:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007 - 10:31:45 PM »
I think most of us with multiple cars have a Scamp or Duster/Demon on the side  :2thumbs:

Still, I have been giving another all Mopar Forum a try lately but it does get confusing with all the other cars and people asking questions about their Colts ect.

Plus the folks around here are super cool and that place sux!!!

Anyway, you don't have to have an E to hang out here and that Duster sounds like a great deal so...  Got any pics??

Swedefish

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007 - 12:41:39 AM »
I think if your were to do anything in that line of thinking  . . . it would be to just split the "other mopars/off topic" into two seperate areas.  But the decision is up to the Admin . .  :grinyes:
:iagree:

Offline tosho62

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007 - 03:26:22 PM »

Anyway, you don't have to have an E to hang out here and that Duster sounds like a great deal so...  Got any pics??
[/quote]
   I do but not a bunch.  Took a handfull "prior" to completing this car when I got it home, and for reference.  Entered it at Carlisle '07 in stock '70-72 Plymouth A body and  I took only 3 snapshots :( and thats all I have so far.
    If ya wanna see check it out at     http://community.webshots.com/user/travlinman62
and  go to the "car shows" folder

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007 - 05:34:30 PM »
Very nice looking Duster tosho62....  :thumbsup:
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007 - 05:44:31 PM »
Very nice looking Duster tosho62....  :thumbsup:

:2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

Offline 69ChargerRT

• Administrator
  • Resident
  • Its the car, right? Chicks love the car. - Batman
    • Daisy - My 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007 - 10:36:57 AM »
the goal of the site was to be ebod specific.  part of the reason i started this place was just because i disliked the style of moparts.  thats just my personal taste.  obviously moparts is huge and people love it, which is great, but for me, and the way i want to run this board, i wanted it more focused and specific on one car.  were totally open to the occasional discussion of other mopars, but i still like to keep the focus on ebods.  and this is coming from someone who owns other mopars, but not an ebod

Offline tosho62

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007 - 03:41:56 PM »
Does anyone have the link to the fore-mentioned All A-Bodys forum?    I havent heard of this place to date.      And thanks  for the comments on the Duster pics from those who took the time to check it out..

It sounds like to me a sub board for A & B bodies may not be the right thing to do here at CC.com  and thats OK.. Just so-long as nobody says I cant post 'cause I dont "own" an E bod at the moment.. I owned a Chally for years and did my fair share of dragracing and car shows and all that stuff.  At least my brother has one and thats "almost"  ;D     like owning one for me.   I need to post pics for his car........

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007 - 04:01:01 PM »
Here is one I came across

http://www.bigblockdart.com/

Here is the list

http://www.scatpack.com/autorank/

Offline 71 DEPUTY

• IF YOU CAN'T DODGE IT--RAM IT!
    • Cardomain
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007 - 06:46:34 PM »

Offline tosho62

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007 - 09:52:31 PM »
Thats the one I'm looking for. Thanks.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007 - 09:59:21 PM »
Thats the one I'm looking for. Thanks.

Did you notice the name of the site? (forabodiesonly.com)  Now go play. CC.C for ebodies only :bigsmile:

:stirpot: :poopoke: :smilielol: :villagers: :chatting: