Author Topic: The Fire Story - You Deserve to Know  (Read 8417 times)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
The Fire Story - You Deserve to Know
« on: July 16, 2007 - 08:59:31 PM »
Lol - this is gonna be fun.  April if you're not laughin' your A$$ off by the time you're done reading this I'm gonna be ticked!!

Everyone break out the  :popcorn: now, 'cause this is worth the read...

So I'm from Harrisburg, 20 minutes from Carlisle - thus my new nickname, "20 Minutes."  I've never been to a car show WITH a car before - always just went and looked.  So when I decided way back when that I was going to Carlisle, I prepared to go as all-out as my limited budget would allow.  So I got a sweet new folding lounge chair (quite a hit at the show, as some of you may recall,) a big cooler, filled with a large variety of sodas, beer, water, and sweet tea.  Had my book bag with reading materials (remember my post about how I thought I might be bored?  Yeah - had no time for that!) and of course my camera, cell phone, the works...

On Friday, I arrive nervously but confidently at the show grounds and rumble right in, pick a spot in the E-Body's and parked.  It took only a few minutes to realize that just by luck I had parked RIGHT in front of our tent.  Perfect!  So I carried over my chair, rolled over my cooler, and set up my bookbag - kinda made up my own little spot.  Know what I mean?  Met MEK, met Dave, possibly Top-Cat, and I think WSM was there too.  No sooner than I get set up and comfy that this bright pink 'Cuda comes pullin' in, and parks at the corner of the tent.  Sweet car, even if it was pink.  These two folks get out who apparently know the people already there, and they start chatting.  But I hurry to make introductions because hey, I wanna fit in!  I meet Joe and April.  Thick New Yorker accents, ample cigarette supply... ...cheap Wal-Mart folding chairs...  ...but all-in-all good folk!

Hahah, okay.  So these guys get these little chairs set up that they had just bought from the Wal-Mart over in Mechanicsburg (note - I'm there about once a week!)  As April sets up her chair directly on my left, I make casual conversation - where she's from, that I'm the guy who's only 20 minutes away, etc etc etc...

Then all hell breaks loose.

See, I decide to lean over the left arm rest on my chair, with the innocent intent of getting the Schedule of Events from my bookbag.  I'm suddenly distracted when I realize that this crazy New York chick is laying sideways in her chair, rolling towards me, flailing her legs wildly and rubbin' her a$$!!

I'm like "WOAH!  Didn't we just meet?!?!  I barely even know you!!"

So this chick's like, dry-humping the air right in my face, and I'm just givin' her this look as if I had just seen a group of blind juggling midgets, when suddenly she looks at me and is like "oh sh!t - lemme explain!"  Well it turns out Ms. Einstein had just attempted (note: attempted) to knock the ash off the tip of her freshly lit (and I think already 3rd) cigarette when the head of said cigarette fell off and of course, promptly rolled right under her butt.  They've had these chairs less than 30 minutes, hers already has a burn mark in it.  We would proceed to joke about this for the next 40-or-so hours.

Now, this could be called the "April sets her a$$ on fire" story, or the "Breakin' in the new guy" story, or just the "I drove 20 minutes for THIS" story...  But really either way you look at it...

...it was pretty freakin' funny.

And rather "Gummo," if I do say so myself.

Jeff
"20 Minutes"
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: The Fire Story - You Deserve to Know
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007 - 09:03:54 PM »
I'm sure that was a KODAK moment!!     

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007 - 09:24:16 PM »
 :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:

Hey April, you should return that defective chair to Wally Mart......Because it should have come with a fire extinguishe  :stirpot:

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007 - 10:31:07 PM »
Now this is what I've been waiting to hear, some Most Embarrassing Moments from the big show.  :smilielol:   Thanks for sharing Jeff/20min. 
Now come on Carlisle gang out with em  ............there's gotta be a MEK story to be told.  :bigsmile:  
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007 - 11:35:54 PM »
Why do I miss all the funny stuff?  First TC's bug friend and now fire a$$ wow!  What luck I have LOL!!!

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007 - 01:08:44 AM »
I missed it too , I thought the ass on fire story was about Purple 1 & the hole in his gas tank!!

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007 - 04:08:46 AM »
That explains it!! The fumes from Purple1's gas tank wafted under April's chair just in time to mingle with her lit cigarette end and now we have a new dance craze....  :hyper: :crazy: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline mopar_guy

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007 - 05:37:28 AM »
lol it was pretty darn funny i must say  :lol:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007 - 07:03:00 AM »
Darn, I missed it too. What a way to meet someone.   April, what does the bottom of your seats and carpet look like in your Cuda?
(This reminds me ot the '70s and '80s when seeds used to pop.)     

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007 - 07:32:57 AM »
I was fortunate enough to have a front row seat to this show and it was classic.  :bigsmile:  I believe April knew that this was going to be a story told to embarrass her. :2thumbs:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007 - 11:04:20 AM »
 :pullinghair: Man oh man you guys have all the fun,hey april like NZ [Karl] would say it's all good down under.  :poopoke:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol: DEFINATELY MARKING MY CALENDAR FOR NEXT YEAR.  :cheers:
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

sleepychallenger

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007 - 11:11:09 AM »
 :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: too much, my sides hurt. I have had cherries fall off my cigs before so i know just what that dance looks like..  :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007 - 11:47:57 AM »
 :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Great story   :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007 - 01:49:19 PM »
Man...  :blah: That was the long way to tell that...  :poopoke:
Short story...
April Burned her a$$ with a cigarette. And jumped around like a fool... The end...  :smilielol:

Dave :wave:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007 - 03:21:14 PM »
I want video!!

:useless:

Mike 

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.