Author Topic: Soap Box Derby Championship week  (Read 858 times)

Offline rallyechall

Soap Box Derby Championship week
« on: July 17, 2007 - 02:54:15 PM »
I arrived in Akron Ohio on Sunday to start our SBD Championship week. My son has 2nd place in super stock national point earning, just behind the co-winners. It has been a long season, but a great time. He will race on Sunday and it is broadcast on www.aasbd.com. The finals will be shown on ESPN. His car is Plum Crazy as his new on will be also. I had to draw to see if we had to drop our kingpin to look for epoxied kingpins, and this year I drew the lucky ticket. They checked my kingpin, and it was OK, and due to the inconvenience, I have to participate in an adult race for the selected group. It should be quite a thrill racing down the Akron Championship hill. My kids love to do it. I will keep you informed as to the results.

Offline bordin34

Re: Soap Box Derby Championship week
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007 - 03:06:55 PM »
What does an epoxied kingpin do?
And good luck

1973 Charger SE Brougham Black 400 auto
1974 Charger SE Brougham Blue 318 auto-SOLD

Offline rallyechall

Re: Soap Box Derby Championship week
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007 - 03:17:11 PM »
If you epoxy the kingpin into the bushing, It makes the rear end of the car super tight, and you will never lose triangulation. Keep in mind this isn't pinewood derby, and the cars are 6 foot long. The stiffer you can make the back of the car, the better it is. People have been caught cheating before doing this.