Author Topic: To Cuda-Challenger.com Members - Goodbye!!  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
Re: To Cuda-Challenger.com Members - Goodbye!!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007 - 04:44:00 PM »
 :banghead:  My wife won't let me get a PS3.  Too much money she says.  The kids have to eat she says.  Good grief!
{oo/===\oo}

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2007 - 12:49:24 AM »
:banghead:  My wife won't let me get a PS3.  Too much money she says.  The kids have to eat she says.  Good grief!

Ahh, see, I won't let my WIFE have KIDS.  :)

lol

What an amazing piece of machinery, and what amazing graphics - good grief!  I went to Blockbuster and rented some games.  Unfortunately the selection right now is sparse - about what was out for the Xbox 360 when that console hit shelves.  Slim pickin's.  But within the next 8 to 12 months there's going to be a HUGE surge of new games.  The big ones I'm holding out for are Mercenaries 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, and GRAN TURISMO 5!!!  Gran Turismo is the Playstation's Holy Grail of racing games.  It's not just a racing game - it's a full blown racing SIMULATOR.  It takes into account the smallest details - spring rates, weight transfer, brake fade - all the things that make racing what it is.  For the past 4 generations of Gran Turismo, there has been a limited showing of Italians.  (Ferrari would never surrender the licensing rights, for reasons unknown.)  Well all the GT5 demos show a Ferrari F430 burning up the track, and I cannot WAIT to drive that car.

Anyways, I'm having fun.  Of course, with any purchase like this, there's the mandatory add-ons.  I need the bluetooth remote, an extra controller, needed a memory card adapter from the PS2 stuff.  USB keyboard, headset, and if they ever make one, a steering wheel.  If any of you (or your kids!) have one, tell 'em to look out for "TheViperMan!"

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007 - 03:57:24 AM »

Sounds like a riot, while on this subject, any good drag race video games for the PC out there?

Glen (and anyone else) get yourself a Logitech G25 steering wheel kit. They're the only 3 pedal H-pattern 6 speed shifter and wheel on the market. The games to play on your PC are: Live For Speed (LFS) and GTR-2 racing (my favorite). They are absolutely awesome. Gran Turismo and Forza etc are arcade, these are simulators, real life, no music and fancy lights. You have to use the clutch and you can actually lose a race buy missing a shift, fancy that. After playing these games playing with a controller on GT4 or any racing game with PS2/3 is like falling a sleep, you won't turn back (or leave the room) lol.

It does work with PS2 but I don't think any games other than TOCA 3 work using the clutch, just sequential (not as fun). Sure you can go into the garage and drive the real thing but if it's persisting down outside and windy, snow, cold etc plug in and dump the clutch. Real life sounds and cockpits. I purchased mine with a racing seat from the UK but it's right at home on your PC desk. You can also play NASCAR. The pedals have their own individual feel to them (like a real car). Medium gas pedal, heavyish brake and an in between clutch. You can set everything from the bite point to how much you have to push each pedal. Heel and toe is easily done with the pedal set up too. It's got far too many options to list from setting pit crew request button, rev limits, seat adjusting etc to fire crackling backfires.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline SRT8CUDA

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007 - 07:44:25 AM »
Yes, I can vouch as to what Carl has described, I've never been that interested in car racing games as such,  I spend more frustrating time off the track than on it,  :o   :roflsmiley:    !!  But this being a simulator, as Carl says, it is certainly different from arcade ones, the steering wheel has a positve feel to it, you go where you steer!!.... I like it a lot :clapping:.....but oh boy, stuff up a gear change or change from 5th to 2nd by accident, 5000 revs, oh no!! the car blows smoke and flame from the front,..one cooked engine or something else that is now not working!!!. Good sounds as well.  You can see the driver's feet using the pedals, doing his heel and toeing, on the gas pedal... well worth the dosh......lots of fun
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007 - 07:54:37 AM by NZCUDA »

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007 - 12:18:41 PM »
Very cool step Carl!  Geeze, If I had one of those setups with the seat and all I would just say "bye" to civilization and play video games forever!!!

My friend made one of those from an old car seat and PVC tubing!
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007 - 12:24:33 PM »
Very cool step Carl!  Geeze, If I had one of those setups with the seat and all I would just say "bye" to civilization and play video games forever!!!

My friend made one of those from an old car seat and PVC tubing!

Yeah, the seat was a gift from me to myself for my birthday and not necessary but I wanted to go the full mile. The system works great on your desk. So, all you need to do is buy the Logitech G25, then download or buy the PC game GTR-2 or download Live For Speed (LFS). Definitely an awesome system and if you're like me and run a 40"+ LCD screen as a monitor, close the curtains and definitely say goodbye to civilization. :lol:

This is what I really look like: "Ehh, to my calculations the y and x axis of the driving input is combined" LOL

:lol2:

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007 - 12:48:03 PM »
Great setup. Unfortunately, I get too bored with straright driving games, but I do like driving games like Twisted Metal where you can destroy the opposition. Guess I'm just not happy unless I'm out there fragging something one on one.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007 - 11:08:38 PM »
Hey Guys - still alive here.  Typing this post from an actual computer.  :)  Been enjoyin' the new toy.  Yes I've seen systems like that, and they're wicked, but by next year there'll probably be over 100 titles for the PS3 - I chose that system over the Xbox because the Sony is pretty guaranteed to have more available titles over the course of its lifetime.

I've been whompin' butt in MotorStorm, blowin' the CRAP out of a lot of cars in Full Auto 2: Battlelines, and was just offered scholarship at PennState University as they're starting Quarterback in NCAA 2008.  (For what it's worth, I had a REAL scholarship to PennState, but as a cello player...)  :)

Anyways, just wanted to say hey.  I'll be back eventually!

Jeff

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007 - 05:49:45 AM »
Great setup. Unfortunately, I get too bored with straright driving games, but I do like driving games like Twisted Metal where you can destroy the opposition. Guess I'm just not happy unless I'm out there fragging something one on one.

True, then you won't like this, it's a simulator, corners, heel toe, real racing stuff. From pit stops, real damage and missing gears, real life simulator and I can't speak more highly of it, though, I love driving so it fits my tastes perfectly.

:2thumbs:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007 - 10:06:11 AM »
You know, there is fact in the fiction.....

A friend of mine has right sided weakness from a car accident when he was younger (Damaged his spinal cord.).  If you shake his right hand you can tell it is limp.  He needs to use a half crutch that attaches to his fore arm due to his right leg weakness.  Can't walk real well but he does a LOT of Playstation because of this.   When we went to the Mazda Test Drive Event he was one of the faster drivers there, using his left hand for steering and his left foot for the gas. 

Video games has made him into a Speed Demon!   :burnout:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007 - 10:23:19 PM »
fingers.... ...sore....

so sleepy...    staying...   up too late.....

vision.. ....    blurry....

uuuuuggggghhh......   *wathump...*

ZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Je.....

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007 - 10:55:57 PM »
fingers.... ...sore....

Je.....

:roflsmiley:  :smilielol:

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007 - 07:13:09 PM »
fingers.... ...sore....

Je.....

Maybe we should start up a collection and get him a case of energy drinks!!!

Nothing like an adrenaline/caffeine coctail. :hyper:

Offline ambitions2

• ..we gunna make it to the finish line...
    • 72 Challenger EV-2 Project
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007 - 08:50:38 AM »
fingers.... ...sore....

so sleepy...    staying...   up too late.....

uuuuuggggghhh......   *wathump...*

Je.....

hahaha welcome to the video game world.  My buddy is a huge video game freak, this kid stays up till 3 or 4 in the morning playing games, BUT I am still in college.....ahh the easy living
Project: 1972 Challenger - 340 AT 8 3/4 3.23 gears
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtitan2220

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007 - 05:56:38 PM »
Om my God!  I was so upset at forst.  I was thinking that you may have sold your Cuda, or something silly like that.  Instead you have just joined the Playstation 3 club!  We have one as well.  It is very awesome to say the least.  I hope you enjoy yourself until your butt in numb! 

BTW, did you ever see that movie I told you about?