Author Topic: Best way to get a Shaker Hood  (Read 7541 times)

Offline Mopar_Mudder

• I'm a llama!
Re: Best way to get a Shaker Hood
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007 - 04:57:30 PM »
Seeing as I am not in a huge hurry for the hood right now I am going to "wait and see". Right now it is all speculation on the hood, untill some one actually gets one and see how the body lines line and and what the quality is we just don't know. I know on the car I got it has an aftermarket trunk lid on it, the things is flimsy. You can grab opposite corners and twist it like nothing, luckly I do have a "real" trunk lid to replace it with. That is the biggest question for me on the new hood, how strong and solid are they?????, wait and see
1971 Hemi Cuda

2005 SRT-10 Regular Cab Flame Red.   12.771 @ 109.67 <-----Time Slip --Video
Mopar: Headers, Exhaust, Ram Air, ECM

2008 3500 Mega Cab Dually, Resistal Edition

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007 - 07:22:37 PM »
Seeing as I am not in a huge hurry for the hood right now I am going to "wait and see". Right now it is all speculation on the hood, untill some one actually gets one and see how the body lines line and and what the quality is we just don't know. I know on the car I got it has an aftermarket trunk lid on it, the things is flimsy. You can grab opposite corners and twist it like nothing, luckly I do have a "real" trunk lid to replace it with. That is the biggest question for me on the new hood, how strong and solid are they??, wait and see

Couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup:

Offline Ozdrums

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007 - 11:11:25 PM »
The best way to get a Shaker is to buy an original. I only said that because I have a complete setup from hood & trim ring & shaker complete. Only the base plate would need to be changed out for the Hemi style. Great condition.
You can PM me if interested.
Greg

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007 - 01:54:33 AM »

You in Aussie "OZ"drum? I'm looking for a hood and an original is my preferred choice. Does it have the crumple zones? Not sure who you're asking to PM you as I thought this was a thread about the new shaker hoods and what's the best buy but if who ever you're saying to PM you doesn't want it, I'll be next in line.  :grinyes:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline moparmussel

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007 - 05:23:13 AM »
 :thinkerg:i have a great 70 flat hood,and want to convert to shaker.checked out the harms flange and trim set up and like the style. now i am  trying to find the best price for total conversion including scoop,base plate,doors etc.anyone know total conversion price if hood is already bought?
74 cuda,az car. built 383,727 manual shift,reverse pattern.8th cuda project,cant get enough!

Offline Ozdrums

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007 - 07:03:42 AM »
I'm sorry, didn't mean to hijack thread. I thought "mopar mudder" was only seeking an alternative as originals are as scarce as hens teeth. My mistake.
Anyway, my shaker doesn't have the crumple zones as it's a 1970 vintage. Also
no I'm not an Aussie, I'm North of Boston in the states.
Again, sorry mate.

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007 - 10:38:40 AM »
If you can locate a flat hood I can supply you with the best Cuda or Challenger Shaker conversion kit on the market to convert your flat hood into THE most authentic appearing hood you will be able to get (and this includes the promised soon to be released complete hoods, I've seen the prototypes).

Keep in mind that any complete hoods to be offered will look pretty good based on what I've seen, but they will be manufactured in Asia from softer steel than Chrysler used back in the day,  also, if you want a correct 1970 style hood, no cigar, they are only going to be made in the 71 and later "crush zone" style, and based on the prototype, will have several other small differences as compared to an OEM hood. Flat hoods dent easy enough and low carbon steel makes it even worse, a factory flat hood will have much better integritty.

Best part? Our price! $499.00 :bigsmile:

Scott, is that the price for the underhood brace or does that include the whole kit?  Is this a sale just for folks on this website and if so, is it a temporary sale?  Just curious as your website still shows the regular price.  Thanks.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline wiging19

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007 - 10:54:42 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline 71fish

• Bless you..
    • Ken's 71fish
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007 - 11:27:53 AM »
If it's not a true N96 car than who cares about authenticity. I've seen and touched the shaker prototype and I will be buying one as a spare for my N96.

I like them alot. They did a fantastic job. IMO
71fish - Nobody better than an E-BODY!!

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007 - 05:39:51 PM »
Proof is in the pudding, or rather, the installation.

Would also like to see how well it holds up to the "SLAM" test 100 or so times. :stirpot:
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007 - 08:47:16 PM »
Scott, is that the price for the underhood brace or does that include the whole kit?  Is this a sale just for folks on this website and if so, is it a temporary sale?  Just curious as your website still shows the regular price.  Thanks.

That's Scott's new price that is always forsale to anyone anytime. And it is the complete hood kit. Very good deal

Offline moparmussel

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007 - 05:40:35 AM »
so do i understand this correctly? harms shaker hood kit for $500 is braces,trim ring,bubble,doors,carb base plate,etc?
74 cuda,az car. built 383,727 manual shift,reverse pattern.8th cuda project,cant get enough!

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007 - 06:50:19 AM »
No.  The hood brace kit. Not the aircleaner/bubble kit.

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2007 - 12:30:55 PM »
so do i understand this correctly? harms shaker hood kit for $500 is braces,trim ring,bubble,doors,carb base plate,etc?

Nice try though   :2thumbs:

Offline Green Drop Top

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007 - 12:50:41 PM »

We have'nt updated our website yet, the price is now permanantly changed to $499.00. We will sell them at this price until our current production run is depleated, then it's on to new things. It's one heck of a bargain all things considered, and I assure any of you wondering, the "while supplies last" thing is NOT a sales ploy, when they are gone, they will truely be GONE! We can't afford to sell them at such a low price/margin continually.

:cheers: