Classic Mopar 5-Speed Group Purchase

Author Topic: Classic Mopar 5-Speed Group Purchase  (Read 2212 times)

Offline dtedler

« on: July 25, 2007 - 01:17:24 PM »

As a way of saying thank you to all of the classic car web forum members, Classic Mopar 5-Speed is offering a Group Purchase discount on all of our Tremec TKO transmission kits. This Group Purchase is being offered directly from Classic Mopar 5-Speed.

Time Frame: For two weeks starting July 24, 2007 to August 7, 2007.
ALL ORDERS MUST BE PAID FOR BY AUGUST 7, 2007.

Discount:
Basic kits: $75 off conversion kit components
Deluxe kits: $125 off conversion kit components
Elite kits: $175 off conversion kit components

How to place your order: First preview our kits by visiting our website at http:///www.classicmopar5speed.com. Next, call us at 760-438-2244 or send an email to sales@cms-grp.com to place your order.

Shipping: These are typically in stock and will ship within 48 hours. Shipping rates will vary based on shipping destination.

Thanks for your interest.

Sincerely,
Tony Edler
Classic Mopar 5-Speed
760-438-2244

Offline gkring

Re: Classic Mopar 5-Speed Group Purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007 - 04:29:27 PM »
okay, sell us on you versus Keisler.
$500 cheaper for your deluxe kit as listed on your site (plus another $125 in savings?)
Keisler comes with pedals for a true auto conversion kit and complete hydraulic clutch setup
You kit leaves that open, looks like it comes with a throwout bearing for conventional clutch setup?

Will your bellhousing work with a 5.7/6.1 hemi or is one available?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007 - 11:14:41 AM by gkring »
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007 - 10:52:19 AM »
Crickets chirping.

Offline dwbiggs

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007 - 12:35:27 PM »
C'mon now...wheres the luv?   :popcorn:

1974 Challenger Rallye - 440+.040, 0 decked, 10.5:1, Ross Pistons, Hughes 3844 cam (238/244, .536/.540), Eddy RPM manifold, Eddy aluminum heads, Holley 750, TTI headers, .96" T-bars, IAS shocks, 1 1/8" front sway bar, 3/4" rear sway bar, XHD 6 leaf springs, Firm Feel stage 2 steering box.

Offline dtedler

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007 - 01:28:54 PM »
Good morning All –

The Elite Kit is what you are talking about is indeed $500.00 less than Keisler.  You are correct in stating that the pedals are not included with our kit.  These pedals are available on the open market, in which we are not stocking at this time.  In time, we may make a reproduction pedal system for our kits.  We are in the process of developing our Hydraulics for the use in our applications using Tilton as our base.  Regarding bell housings, we have small block aluminum bell housings that DO work on the new HEMI engines.  For our big block applications, we currently stock a modified Lakewood Scatter Shield.

As far as telling you the difference between Keisler and Classic Mopar 5 Speed.  First off, Keisler and Classic Mopar 5 speed share two very important items, the Tremec TKO Transmission and the E-Body Mopar Chassis.  We have bench marked the Keisler offering and have identified areas that needed improvement using input from selected vendors that we have partnered with.  We have tested, re-engineered and tested again to bring what we feel is a better product to the market. Areas that have been address are the shifting characteristics, drive line angles and input yoke length with respect to drive line vibration.  For those that have seen our E-Body transmission will agree that we are not a copy of Keisler. The development of the Mopar applications has brought the need to cast our own bell housings to support our products.

We stock all the components to deliver a quality product on a timely basis. One key word here is STOCK. Classic Mopar 5 Speed stocks everything. When an order is taken, you can expect the complete shipment is 5-7 days from the order date. I don’t need or require a large deposit and a duration of time to send you your transmission. If Classic Mopar 5 Speed does not have a particular item in stock, we won’t take your order. This philosophy may loose some orders, but we feel the customer, the guy that is going to do the shifting, deserves to treated be like valued client not a phone call.

The cost difference covers two distinct areas; the shifter, which is a McLeod Slick Stick, a unique self centering design that is far superior to other offerings on the market. We have used ball and socket technology to provide the best feel and most positive shifting possible. Other items that are standard in our kits are an Energy Suspension polyurethane isolation mount and the throw out bearing which actually makes us cheaper on the deluxe kit.

Some of you have e-mailed me and I thank you for the interest.  If you have any questions regarding our offerings, please contact me via e-mail or by phone. I value the comments that you all have posted so far and keep them coming.

Best Regards –
Tony Edler
Classic Mopar 5 Speed
(760) 438-2244  ext. 5
tony@cms-grp.com

Offline dtedler

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007 - 12:49:28 PM »
Good morning -
I read my previous post and all it said was Blah Blah Blah.  The writing is useless without the pictures.  Here is a picture of the rear of the tranmission that shows the ball and socket set-up to shift the transmission.  This system is smooth and precise and utilizes two pieces that are in constant contact with each other, which equates to more precise shifting and long durabilty.  I hope this clears the air a little as to the differences.

Thanks -

Tony Edler
Mopar Sales and Support
Classic Mopar 5 Speed
tony@cms-grp.com