Author Topic: Using the right terminals that don't come off  (Read 652 times)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Using the right terminals that don't come off
« on: July 26, 2007 - 08:14:52 PM »
Ever wire something up and then later on the terminal just never satisfies you the way it's connected? Vibrations from high RPM loosen them off in some circumstances. Or they just never seem to hold on very well. In an area you never want to go check it again either.
When you have cars that are doing a 100 mph, the last thing you need is a loss of power somewhere.

There are 1,000's of high performance wire terminals available that solve these potential connection problems. This is just 2 that I took some pics of. Some of them are really cool. The main companies that make these, have the plastic bulkhead connectors too so that you can go through firewalls and keep a factory look like the other bulkhead connectors.

I deal with these types of terminals all the time doing quotes. I get samples when I have to get parts for a prototype for approval to mfg.

The 3 big companies that provide these types of terminals are Tyco, Molinex, and Digi-Key. Their catalogs are about 5 inches thick with this type of stuff.

Just thought I'd pass this along to everyone next time they gotta wire something together.
Mike, Fremont, CA.