Author Topic: Help make up my mind  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Morris'_Mopars

Help make up my mind
« on: July 28, 2007 - 06:34:25 PM »
I have found a 70 Challenger convert with a running 360 auto. Guy says the car is pretty solid. Needs detail stuff and a trunk pan. He is asking $33k for it. I am thinking of trading my 70 Barracuda for it. I would like to trade my rolling chassis for the turn key car, or even rolling chassis for rolling chassis. I have always wanted a drop top but at the same time my Cuda is done and done right. Does this sound like a good trade for me?? My Cuda is more street/strip and with a 10month old son it is not so much a family car. I would like to get a car that I can take the whole family in and cruise w/o any worries. I dont know.... :pullinghair: :dunno:

Here is a pic of the Chally

Here is a pic of my Cuda

Morris' Mopars LLC
Raymond, Illinois
Mopar performance at affordable prices.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Help make up my mind
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007 - 06:36:53 PM »
you have to decide what you want & what the cost will be to do it & if it is a ffordable
 personally I don`t like verts so it would be a  no deal for me

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007 - 07:27:55 PM »
 :iagree:

Not a big 'vert fan either but I think you could get hosed in that deal.

Offline moparmussel

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007 - 07:37:50 PM »
 :clueless: dude! a chally for a CUDA! please think long and hard about this. a vert chally is ok,why get out of one of the finest muscle cars ever built! look on e pray and see what the price difference is. in my opinion you are making a big mistake! but a few years ago i sold a 66 hemi to put money back into my house and kids.looking back it was the right thing to do at the time,now just imagine what it would be worth! do what makes you feel right and do not think back and say i wooda,i shooda, i coulda!
74 cuda,az car. built 383,727 manual shift,reverse pattern.8th cuda project,cant get enough!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007 - 07:54:29 PM »
Though droptop E-bodies are very fun to cruise around in, I think you'd be taking too far of a step backward if you did a straight-up trade for that Chally convert.  Your B'cuda is done up so nicely and runs great, so I would personally keep that or if you really feel you need the convert, try selling the 'Cuda to an outside source for what it should bring then use some of the money for the Chally and use the rest to begin fixing it all up. :cheers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007 - 09:12:20 PM »
Though droptop E-bodies are very fun to cruise around in, I think you'd be taking too far of a step backward if you did a straight-up trade for that Chally convert. 
:iagree:

The price of an E-body vert is crazy right now, so I do not think you would get a fair trade for your Cuda.  I would keep your Cuda, it looks Sweet!!!
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007 - 09:13:09 PM »
The price for the Challenger sounds a little high considering it's not the original drivetrain. I don't know what you've got in your Cuda or how original it is, but it sounds to me like you would be getting the lesser end of the deal. Your Cuda looks awesome!! Maybe provide some more details on both cars and the folks here can give a better input!! Bottom line is what makes you happy!! ;D

Matt B.
Matt

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007 - 09:38:52 PM »
Definitely nothing wrong with a Challenger Conv. but that is one fine Cuda you got there. I keep it....................
You don't have a rich uncle that could give you a loan???

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007 - 09:54:40 PM »
You know me as a challenger guy,but dude that cuda of yours is done and done right.I'll trade him roller for roller with my 69 fastback,maybe I would be making out a litle bit on that thought.

Offline gomangoRT/SE

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007 - 10:38:03 PM »
There is more upside to the Chally convertible as the convertible continues to rise in value.   Restored its probably worth more than the Cuda.   That being said, he is too high on the convertible.     Thats what NOT makes it a good deal.   

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007 - 10:41:04 PM »
Keep the Cooda..............    :bigsmile:    :cheers:   
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007 - 10:44:21 PM »
I have always been nutty for e-verts so I would probably do it.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Morris'_Mopars

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007 - 10:48:00 PM »
Thanks for all you input guys. I do have alot of money and pride in my Cuda. I have always wanted a drop top really a cuda. I dont know....I plan to check the car out on Sunday I will keep you all informed. :popcorn:
Morris' Mopars LLC
Raymond, Illinois
Mopar performance at affordable prices.

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007 - 12:18:44 PM »
I like E-verts very nice looking for crusing on a warm day like the ones here in Cali but the coupes looks much more "muscle car".. as for the trade I will keep the cuda over the chally..but the most important thing is which one do you will enjoy the most..but that is only my personal opinion  :dunno:

Offline SilverChally

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007 - 12:40:07 PM »
Yeah, I'd check it out before considering it any further.  Your car is nice, would be hard ot trade if it were me.  But nothing like cruising with the family in  a vert.  Thats how we spent our Sundays years ago... something I'll never forget.  Both are pretty desireable cars, so its a tough decision.
70 challenger project
68 satellite