Author Topic: 72 Chall 422 Stroker EV2 Backyard Special**  (Read 98084 times)

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Re: 72 Challenger EV2 Backyard Special**
« Reply #495 on: October 11, 2008 - 12:04:51 PM »
Nope, They rescheduled it for the same day as my oldest sons birthday.  This is the third date this year for the same event...

Tom :swear:

Oh well, family first bro!  :thumbsup:  I've missed many an event because of family stuff.  Oh well....  :dunno:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #496 on: April 18, 2009 - 09:05:18 AM »
I got an offer to buy my car for 20Grand cash and it's a serious offer.  At a crossroad.

Pulling my hair out, if I start driving it this year I may not want to sell.  Due to many factors including a sitting project and the state of the economy I may take him up on it. 

Had to vent a bit since most of you would know how I feel on the subject.

Tom :sadwavey:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #497 on: April 18, 2009 - 09:24:24 AM »
What is the sitting project that you have?  Would this money get the project done and leave you with some cash??  Lastly, and sorry if this is too personal, but are you debt free?  If not, will this put you there?
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #498 on: April 18, 2009 - 09:28:50 AM »
I got an offer to buy my car for 20Grand cash and it's a serious offer.  At a crossroad.

Pulling my hair out, if I start driving it this year I may not want to sell.  Due to many factors including a sitting project and the state of the economy I may take him up on it. 

Had to vent a bit since most of you would know how I feel on the subject.

Tom :sadwavey:

Tom,

You can always get this to help you feel better.  :sadwavey:

It's in Marlboro!!!!  $6500!!!!  440!!!!!!!  Factory look!!!!

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/1124268575.html

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #499 on: April 18, 2009 - 10:04:35 AM »
Debt free?  Is anyone.lol  It would actually get me close to it as far as credit cards but they are business related ones, on the personal front we are pretty debt free besides my wifes car and the house.  Finally finished off the Student Loans last year.  Just a couple small credit card balances from stupid stuff.

Business has been down for me over the last 6 mos and it has been a wake up call to me.  I had plenty of reserves but most of that is MIA now.  Business is picking up a bit but who knows what next winter will bring.  The last 2 really were tough on us here.

I have a 70 Barracuda that is waiting in the wings, this would definitely help finish that project.  It is not in a state to be sold so can't do that.  I'd take a hit on it if I tried.  At least with the 72 i could get back almost all the cash I got in it, but my labor is free.lol

I currently have my home for sale, not truly necessary but I am looking to downsize and exit the rat race of keeping up with the jonses so to speak.. I'm still a pup compared to some of you guys(33) and would like to plan for the future a bit.  If/when my home sells even in this crappy market I should be able to halve my current mortgage.  I built the place and have decent equity.

I really am stuck on this issue, I feel like I don't have to sell right now and the $$$ is there.  I'm worried that if I DO have to sell later the $$$ won't be there.  I may kick myself either way on the issue.

I'd really like to have a bit more space and build a bigger garage.LOL

Tom

My Wife has been great, She doesn't want it to go.  I feel like it may be the right thing all things considered.  I know that the 70 will be a few years from finished and that is my fear.  Nothing to cruise in in the meanwhile.  I also won't have a garage soon to store or tinker in soon either.  Many questions and thoughts for sure. :drunk:
Tom

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #500 on: April 18, 2009 - 10:10:48 AM »
Debt free, no.  I doubt anyone is free from debt. Just thought that Dart was a cool car for the money.

Hope business picks up for you.  Yeah, financially, it's tough on everyone right now.

When driving by, I saw Dave with his orange Duster.  Behind me was a pale yellow '70 Monte Carlo with fat meats on the rear.  Was hoping for Dave to pull out and see a street race!

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #501 on: April 18, 2009 - 10:23:06 AM »
Thanks Phil, the dart id def cool for the $$$.  i still have the wifes 65 that no one seems to want.  i could cruise in that i guess.  it does lack the power I'm used to .lol  But i could deal with it for a while.

maybe something will happen this weekend with a showing and an open house but I can't count on it is all.  basically if my house goes under agreement I wouldn't even think of it since my financial situation would change in the next couple of months.  I hate thins stuff.  Can't wait to change things around a bit to become a bit more recession proof, heck if I 've been able to pay my bills the way business has been lately, if I cut my bills by 30-40% I think I'd be set and have extra, nevermind when business really pick back up what I could do.  It has been crazy with the swings up and down latley.

Thanks for listening to me rant have to get it out.LOL

I got all 3 kids this weekend a showing at 12 today and an open house at 12 tomorrow.  I got to make sure the kids don't make a mess and entertain all 3 of them for the next 2 days while the wife is away. :pullinghair:

Going to hit Museum of Science tomorrow and maybe the aquarium if all goes well.

Tom :bananasmi
Tom

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #502 on: April 18, 2009 - 11:32:23 AM »
good to hear from you Tom. I can see why youd be tempted to sell if its a serious offer. Its a tough spot to be in.... it would be nice to fund the 70 id say.... then youd have 2 Cudas. It would also be tough to get an offer like that anytime soon. BUT, if you're just funding another car with the money, it may be worth keeping if the money would end up in just another car..... you could always sell it when you finish the Cuda. Maybe the market will be up by then,

:bigsmile:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #503 on: April 18, 2009 - 01:32:36 PM »
Thanks Wally426,

That was my original plan, to finish the 70 and either A sell the challenger or B make it a bit less street friendly and race it a bit more.

Yes the market may very well be better later but I don't know that my car will ever really be worth more.  It's modified and such.  It is a 318 car so I don't think I hurt the value much but as far as modified street machines go I don't know if their ever really worth much more than 20-25K.  with exceptions of course.

Tom :wavingflag:
Tom

Offline ChallengerGary

• Resident
    • Challenger Gary
« Reply #504 on: April 18, 2009 - 11:53:06 PM »
The reason I asked about being Debt Free is it really helps insulate you from the "economy."  My wife and I have made a bunch of HUGE financial mistakes and are now having to "Pay the Piper."  I've been listening to Dave Ramsey for a while and he really has imprinted on me the immeasurable value of being Debt Free.  I've got a LONG way to go, but it is my #1 goal now.

On that same topic check out www.daveramsey.com or www.townhallforhope.com

Ultimaely, it is your decision to sell the car or not.  That being said, having owned about 25-30 Challengers myself, I can tell you there is always another one...
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab 5.7 Hemi

1972 Dodge Demon - "new" project

AND TOO MANY OTHER MOPARS THROUGH MY HANDS TO COUNT

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #505 on: April 19, 2009 - 04:59:54 PM »
Thanks Gary,

I have him coming this week, He made a follow up call today to verify.  We'll see what happens if I see the greenbacks.  Yes, this would make things quite a bit more comfortable for sure, and as noted I have the 70 waiting for some love too.  BB 5spd should be as much fun.  Hopefully. :bigshades:

Tom :-\
Tom

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #506 on: July 18, 2009 - 12:33:01 PM »
Well the guy was for real but I couldn't part with it just yet.  Got home from Carlisle a few days ago now and really enjoyed myself.  The car drove/performed flawlessly on the trip.  My wife wore earplugs for part of the trip...

Car looked good for now, I think I got a couple years left of showing/cruising until I go a little more Strip car with it.  When I do the 70 it'll take over as the cruiser car.

Now, has anyone ever used the low temp Aluminum rods successfully? I would like to clean up my radiator shroud by removing the rivets that hold the ring portion to the shroud part.  Is this stuff for real?  I saw some demonstrations at Carlisle but????

Tom

Tom

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #507 on: July 18, 2009 - 06:19:57 PM »
 :2thumbs: your car looked awesome at Carlisle Tom, wish i could have gone for a ride with you at some point :burnout: :cooldancing: :woo:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #508 on: July 18, 2009 - 07:00:13 PM »
Thanks Ken, next year if you come.

Tom :2thumbs:
Tom

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #509 on: July 18, 2009 - 07:01:26 PM »
I look forward to that Tom, thanks a lot buddy :wave:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.