Author Topic: Cars of the Month  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Srobinson4

Cars of the Month
« on: August 02, 2007 - 07:39:51 AM »
Hey it is great to see that this board also recognizes the 72-74 as cars of the month.  Nice going guys and gals!! :cooldancing: :ylsuper: :bananasmi :bananasmi

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
Re: Cars of the Month
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007 - 08:40:23 AM »
They are all beautiful, aren't they? :grinyes:
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Srobinson4

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007 - 09:24:43 AM »
Yes indeed!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007 - 10:13:05 AM »
 :clueless:  Why wouldn't we??   :screwy:

Offline Srobinson4

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007 - 03:42:16 PM »
:clueless:  Why wouldn't we??   :screwy:

In my opinion it seems as if the hobby has become so dollar driven that most web sites that I have seen devote most of the attention to the Hemi, and other Big Block cars, or the 340 cars produced in 70-71.  For example, on one site I saw a 1971 340 Cuda which appeared from my vantage point to be a heap of rust.  The car had no drivetrain and was missing the front clip.  This car was being offered for $20,000.00.  Before you guys give me the speach on supply and demand let me say that I agree with that principle but that is not my point.  Even though I could afford to purchase a 1970-1971 car based upon the imput of members on this board I opted for the 1973 Challenger because I wanted to enjoy the car and not become a slave to it.  I think of my youth and recall many of these cars we now refer to as investment grade vehicle.  I know I would love the opportunity to bang the snot out of a Hemi or a 440 car and not just see it behind a rope, equipt with a "do not touch" sign.  I am sure many of you would love this opportunity too.  I think that in all of the hoopla about these magnificant Hemi and other Big Block cars of 1970 and 1971, it is worth remembering that the 1972-1974 Challengers and Barracudas were also magnificant and contributed greatly to the muscle car era.   This site does that in my opinion and that is why I come here everyday.  Maybe it is because you guys and gals are MOPAR lovers before MOPAR investors.  Thanks for listening. :violin:

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007 - 05:10:53 PM »
Round Tail lights forever!!

Square ones are pretty cool too  :2thumbs:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007 - 05:27:28 PM »
In my opinion it seems as if the hobby has become so dollar driven that most web sites that I have seen devote most of the attention to the Hemi, and other Big Block cars, or the 340 cars produced in 70-71.  For example, on one site I saw a 1971 340 Cuda which appeared from my vantage point to be a heap of rust.  The car had no drivetrain and was missing the front clip.  This car was being offered for $20,000.00.  Before you guys give me the speach on supply and demand let me say that I agree with that principle but that is not my point.  Even though I could afford to purchase a 1970-1971 car based upon the imput of members on this board I opted for the 1973 Challenger because I wanted to enjoy the car and not become a slave to it.  I think of my youth and recall many of these cars we now refer to as investment grade vehicle.  I know I would love the opportunity to bang the snot out of a Hemi or a 440 car and not just see it behind a rope, equipt with a "do not touch" sign.  I am sure many of you would love this opportunity too.  I think that in all of the hoopla about these magnificant Hemi and other Big Block cars of 1970 and 1971, it is worth remembering that the 1972-1974 Challengers and Barracudas were also magnificant and contributed greatly to the muscle car era.   This site does that in my opinion and that is why I come here everyday.  Maybe it is because you guys and gals are MOPAR lovers before MOPAR investors.  Thanks for listening. :violin:

While I understand your rant, if you go back and look in the "Classics" board at previous cars of the month, we have not reglected the 72-74's. There were also some before that thread started. Take April's car, for instance.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Srobinson4

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007 - 06:06:27 PM »

While I understand your rant, if you go back and look in the "Classics" board at previous cars of the month, we have not reglected the 72-74's. There were also some before that thread started. Take April's car, for instance.

Mike

My point exactly.  I never said that this board neglected these cars, on the contrary, I said that this board gives them equal time.  Maybe I sholud have been clearer.

SRR

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007 - 07:15:16 PM »
My point exactly.  I never said that this board neglected these cars, on the contrary, I said that this board gives them equal time.  Maybe I sholud have been clearer.

SRR

:2thumbs:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007 - 09:12:10 PM »
What, G-man doesn't like the "sad face" '72-'74 Challys?  What's wrong with sad faces? :sadwavey: ???

:'( :'( (00/=====\00) :'( :'(

Just giving you grief. :2thumbs: :cheers: :biggrin:

I consider it more of a mean teeth look myself...Okay, so it looks more like a sad mouth with the tongue hanging out.
(Sorry for such a horrible chop...I do autoCAD all day long, so I come home not wanting to do too much.)

SRobinon4, it's good to see you like how things are ran around here.  As stated, all years are looked upon equally when it comes to nice rides. :2thumbs: :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007 - 09:27:46 PM by Street_Challenged73 »
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Srobinson4

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007 - 09:53:46 PM »
What, G-man doesn't like the "sad face" '72-'74 Challys?  What's wrong with sad faces? :sadwavey: ???

:'( :'( (00/=====\00) :'( :'(

Just giving you grief. :2thumbs: :cheers: :biggrin:

I consider it more of a mean teeth look myself...Okay, so it looks more like a sad mouth with the tongue hanging out.
(Sorry for such a horrible chop...I do autoCAD all day long, so I come home not wanting to do too much.)

SRobinon4, it's good to see you like how things are ran around here.  As stated, all years are looked upon equally when it comes to nice rides. :2thumbs: :cheers:

I don't mean to  :horse: but it realy is therapeutic to be involved with individuals who help each other, respect each others veiws and do not engage in petty bickering.  This is really a unique group and I say that as a person who has been a member of, or an observer of several boards.  I haven't met any of you yet but I sure do like you alot, and I like what you do for others.  I am looking for the chance to contribute to this board as much as you all have helped me.  I also hope to have some pictures for you soon.   :cheers:

Offline 72Chall77Doba

• Bill's Mopars
    • My Car Domain Page
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007 - 12:09:33 AM »
My car was a beautiful 72 petty blue challenger.
It's currently 6 month's into a resto that will cost me between 25-30K.
Lotsa people tell me I'm putting too much money into a 72, they say I'd be better off putting that kind of money into a 70-71.
BUT NOT HERE!!!!!
Heck, mine was a car of the month too.
This is the ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY best site on the net.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007 - 12:53:13 AM »
Round Tail lights forever!!

I couldnt agree more!!!

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007 - 01:54:56 PM »
Congratulations Don :smokin: :thumbsup:

:cheers:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline sbird426

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007 - 11:33:11 AM »
For some, like myself, the attraction comes from whatever year inspired you in your youth.

The Superbird is my passion.  The moment I saw one in a dealership I knew that was the car I had to have.

FOr the 'cuda, it was the '70 model.  My love for that car has nothing to do with today's exhaggerated values or what goes on in the auctions.  I just fell in love with a '70 cuda when I was 15 and I still love them to this day.
Dave Booker