Are people getting lazy?

Author Topic: Are people getting lazy?  (Read 2767 times)

Offline moparclown

• Resident
Are people getting lazy?
« on: August 03, 2007 - 05:44:25 PM »
I thought it was just me?but asked the guys I work with if they have noticed the lack of people using their signals?Also what the he77 is with people comming across the centerline in the road?This was really triggered this morning on the way to work.I was driving the 69 Cuda,no sway bars,no power steering,but I manage to stay in my lane.A real idiot on his cell phone came 2-3 feet into my lane this morning nearly causing a big crash.I am a really nice guy and let most things go but this is becoming so commin that its nearly daily that these people are cutting over into the other lane.I guess life isn't worth a fart anymore?Not to start problem but if one of these idiots hits me I am gonna shove that cell phone so far up their butt,everytime they burp they will get a ringtone. I feel better now.Isn't it a privelige to have a license in the good old USA?

Offline dukeboy_318

Re: Are people getting lazy?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007 - 05:50:39 PM »
Yep, I've noticed that, too many idiots texting people while driving,  I got ran off the road into a corn field last nite on the way to work by some idiot teenage girl on a cell phone, bent my front steering stabiler on my truck a 50 dollar fix.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007 - 05:57:03 PM »
Yep, people don't drive the way they should.  Downtown Boston I nearly got hit by the same lady 3 times because she was on her cell phone.  Some lady crossed the center line and I beeped at her and she had the nerve to beep back at me.  Then today some lady does the "squeez play" on me.  No directionals, no looking, just slowly edges her way into my lane so I have to slow down and back off or else I hit her or the parked cars on the side of the road. 

People in general just don't have common courtesy now a days.  You hold the door open for someone, instead of a polite "thank you" they just walk right through without even a glance at you.  Whe I've held the door open at a store for my kids to walk through, adults will go through in front of them.

ARGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!  :stomp:  :swear:  :banghead:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007 - 06:02:03 PM »
I have thought about following one of these people into a parking lot and when they open the door---just snap that unused lever right off,they don't use it?Probably get arrested.

Offline dukeboy_318

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007 - 06:04:52 PM »
Tell the cop that you just wanted to show them how to use it but "accidently pulled too hard." :roflsmiley:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007 - 06:08:07 PM »
I have thought about following one of these people into a parking lot and when they open the door---just snap that unused lever right off,they don't use it?Probably get arrested.

Don't park next to them.  They are the people who put those dings in your doors....  :bricks1:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007 - 06:16:48 PM »
If anyone in Maryland uses their turn signals, I know they aren't originally from here.  :stirpot:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007 - 06:21:44 PM »
Thats hilarious Mike,but so true.

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007 - 06:27:24 PM »
I don’t think its so much laziness as it is a bunch of self-centered, self –absorbed, self indulgent people who could not imagine for a minute that there is someone else in this world that they should show some common decency to.
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007 - 06:30:37 PM »
I don’t think its so much laziness as it is a bunch of self-centered, self –absorbed, self indulgent people who could not imagine for a minute that there is someone else in this world that they should show some common decency to.

Well said.   :clapping:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007 - 06:35:19 PM »
Glad it came out OK for you Doug. :2thumbs:

And I did follow a person (or group) for a few miles into a parking lot and stopped and asked them why they did what they did to me. The guy sucker punched me after I had a long days work in the swamps. He wrestled me to the ground and stuck his finger in my eye trying to pull it out. Once I got my composier back, I pulled his finger out and beat him to a pulp in the parking lot. This was 20 yrs ago ( alot younger) I was around 33 or 34. He started crying and all his buddies yelled, someone call the cops, he's only 18. I said go ahead I dare you. Then they all left. That was a really wierd day after pulling a 16.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007 - 07:18:23 PM »
Even the Pope is getting tired of the way people are driving. He came out a few months ago on the 10 commandments on being a driver:

The Ten Commandments for road use are as follows:

1. You shall not kill.
2. The road shall be for you a means of communion between people and not of mortal harm.
3. Courtesy, uprightness and prudence will help you deal with unforeseen events.
4. Be charitable and help your neighbor in need, especially victims of accidents.
5. Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin.
6. Charitably convince the young and not-so-young not to drive when they are not in a fit condition to do so.
7. Support the families of accident victims.
8. Bring guilty motorists and their victims together, at the appropriate time, so that they can undergo the liberating experience of forgiveness.
9. On the road, protect the more vulnerable party.
10. Feel responsible towards others.

Nothing about Thou shall use turn signals more often though. But that would fall under #3.

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007 - 07:57:09 PM »
Most people around here will let you in on a lane change if you have on your signel. I did notice the first time I was out east if you turn on your signel to lane change everyone in that lane will speed up so you cannot. It didn't take me long to learn. When we were there this summer I put on the signel and went a ways and just moved over. I got a lot of honks but NO ONE would just let us in!!
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007 - 08:19:46 PM »
Problem here is if you follow farther back than 1.5 car lenghts someone will squeeze in.
Too many dahm people from Atlanta moving here  :swear:
ESSOBEES
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007 - 10:32:37 AM by bullitt99 »
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007 - 09:01:19 PM »
.Isn't it a privelige to have a license in the good old USA?
It technically falls under the RIGHT of mobility.  If you violate that right then you are supposed to be punished for what ever you have done.  Some Government agencies have been rewording it and convincing us it is a privilege.  This is dangerous because it is easier to take away a privilege than it is to take away a right.  It can be as dangerous as changing it to be a privilege to own a collector or vintage car instead of it being a right to own one.

IMO as far as cell phones go hands free, blue tooth, or similar should only be allowed while driving.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.