Are people getting lazy?

Author Topic: Are people getting lazy?  (Read 2768 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Are people getting lazy?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007 - 09:29:20 PM »
Are people getting lazy??   :clueless:   

This has been going on for years!!  We're way past "getting".   :faint:

Offline 440Charger

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007 - 02:38:18 AM »
I don’t think its so much laziness as it is a bunch of self-centered, self –absorbed, self indulgent people who could not imagine for a minute that there is someone else in this world that they should show some common decency to.

Exactly.

I went out for a beer with a friend tonight and while driving through the parking lot he stopped for people waiting to walk across the street to get to where they were going.  He looked at me and said, "why don't people do this anymore?".  I was thinking the same thing.  And I've noticed people aren't using turn signals anymore, and when I do I get cut off because god forbid someone merges into THEIR lane.  It's very frustrating, especially when I see some nub with a cell phone driving like a jerk...you know, taking a right on a red light into your lane just after your light turns green and drives like a grandma because that conversation is more important than the 30 cars being slowed up after waiting forever for the light to turn.

:swear: :swear:
I love my 440...but it's not loving me back...yet

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007 - 06:32:30 PM »
CELL PHONES are a MAJOR cause of accidents  :swear: :swear: :swear: and a lot of states are figuring it out & making laws about cell phone usage while driving!! Many states now have enacted laws forbidding the use of cell phones while driving. It has even been proven that a hands free phone also distracts drivers. Not to the extent that using your hands does, but none the less it distracts. I work on a military base and it is illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving on base and they WILL ticket you if caught. Then there's foks putting on makeup or ones that just think the road is their personal property.  :stomp: That's why I drive an old beat up CHEVY truck. People respect a vehicle with dents! Go ahead and hit me, as Clint Eastwood says... "Make my day"!! If my cell phone rings while I am driving, I just let it ring. I'll check it when I get to a parking lot or where I am going. Nothing is so important it can't wait 10 or 15 minutes. Just my  :2cents:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007 - 06:44:51 PM »
This post couldn't have come at a better time!  I posted yesterday about some idiot who blew the intersection and the TWO, not one, but TWO!, signs saying there's a stop sign ahead (stand corrected from my other thread on the topic).  For those of you who didn't know this, this smaller 'city' of Iron Mountain, MI I drive through on a daily basis was actually ranked within the top 10 locations in the entire U.S. where you really have to watch out when driving there.  It's pathetic as I see so many people around there get extremely close to getting into an accident for not using their turn signals.  However, I drive around Madison a lot when I'm back at school and haven't seen nearly as many close calls on the beltline (US 12/14/18) where people actually USE their signals and let others merge when needed.  There's a huge difference in the amount of people using the beltline down in Madison, while a small city of around 15,000 cannot seem to have enough sense to be courteous to others on the road and let them know where they're going before it's too late.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007 - 06:53:16 PM »

I don't think it's laziness, that's another issue. I think it's a mixture of arrogance and new technology mixed with over populated roads. With cellphones quickly becoming miniature computers some are now not only talking or texting (how 2005  ::) ) lol but sending emails, flicking through songs or playing the latest version of Doom. Put that with new drivers learning in today's fast paced world and it's a c0cktail for a bad driving style.

New drivers drive in a different fashion in todays world. It's a different style to what use to be "in the good old days" (with half the cars back then too no less) it's just part of the life in the modern automobile world. Good to see most still use commonsense, something technology or years at school can't teach, you're either brought up with it, or not at all.  :2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Hopalong

• HEAD OFF! Apply directly to the neck line!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007 - 04:45:27 PM »
All I read was the title, and I knew the answer was yes.
{oo/===\oo}

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007 - 01:47:37 PM »
I have to add my  :2cents:

I was discussing this at work last week.  I have noticed that when ever I am driving the big UPS truck, people will cut me off and expect my truck to stop on a dime.   :22yikes:
I also notice that many people will not use the center turning lane to make a turn anymore.  They make everyone stop behind them and then get mad if we honk the horn.  :pullinghair:

I also noticed that there are more and more people wanting to drive well below the speed limit.  I understand if you do not want to speed, but when the speed limit is 45mph and you are going 30mph, that is crazy.   :banghead:

I am wondering if some of these bad drivers are the illegal aliens coming into the US and not getting a driver's license.  :dunno: 

Problem here is if you follow farther back than 1.5 car lenghts someone will squeeze in.
Too many dahm people from Atlanta moving here  :swear:

Really....I thought they were coming from Alabama   :poopoke:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007 - 03:52:05 AM »
I don't think there should be ANY cellphone usage permitted while driving. We did without it for decades, and the country was a lot better off then than it is now.

Anyone who uses a phone knows that you get into the conversation, and your attention gets refocused from driving to the conversation. Just try argueing with someone for a minute, or try to come ups with the solution to a problem, and you'll quickly notice that you can't remember the last few miles.

It's NOT the same as listening to a radio, talking to someone else in the car, etc.

Personally, I think they should put cellphone signal jammers in all vehicles, that only allow the phone to work when the ignition is off!

Offline 440Charger

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007 - 10:29:54 AM »
Personally, I think they should put cellphone signal jammers in all vehicles, that only allow the phone to work when the ignition is off!

That's a damn good idea.

Offline Cannibal94

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007 - 11:08:57 AM »
I have noticed a lot more people running red lights too!  They have made it so the yellow is longer and the other green is delayed a few seconds after a red.  I think this is just making people think that they can go through it because they know that there is more time.  I am afraid to drive my cuda around anymore,  and that is also why I won't let myself get another motorcycle. 

There are so many times that after I let someone in my lane, and they just expect it (with no "thank you" wave) that I want to just bash into them with my truck.  I want to get a digital sign in my vehicle that I can have messages programmed to tell them that their blinker is broken and stuff like that.

It seems that eveytime I drive, I get into a bad mood.

Offline back n black

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007 - 11:27:31 AM »
Road rage a brewing.... :stirpot:

Offline 440Charger

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007 - 11:41:10 AM »
haha I love that emot

I told my dad years ago that I need an old rusted truck to drive to work so the BMW's don't fly infront of me or tailgate me.  Nobody messes with a POS rusted truck, I could have my "space".

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007 - 01:01:00 AM »
I want to get a digital sign in my vehicle that I can have messages programmed to tell them that their blinker is broken and stuff like that.
:iagree:
I have been thinking about doing that myself  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007 - 09:51:07 PM »
I'd like to build a giant spatula underneath my car. Whenever someone in front of me pis*es me off, I'd just press the big red button on the dash, and the spatula would extend out from the front of my car and flip them right off of the road.

Anybody know the phone number for A.C.M.E.

(Been watching too many Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoons)

Offline fantum

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007 - 11:03:23 PM »
Actually, I was thinking of adding paint ball cannons to my truck so that I could turn my "colorful" feelings about the Miami drivers into colorful additions to their personal conveyances. 

Kinda gives you a sense of what you feel when you hear "Say hello to my little friend!!!"

fantum
Mike