Author Topic: I am soo frustrated. Need advice  (Read 859 times)

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
I am soo frustrated. Need advice
« on: August 04, 2007 - 01:34:09 AM »
OK, well a month ago I purchased an 18 spline 4 speed on ebay. I arranged to have it picked up from Georgia and trucked out here. I was told that it would take a week to get here. A week went by and no transmission. So I contacted the shipping company and they said they would get back to me. A week later I find out that my transmission was put on the wrong truck and ended up in Connecticut  :stomp:. I was assured that it was back on the right truck and on it way here. So another week went by and nothing. So I contacted them again, and they said they would get back to me. Well a couple of days ago they emailed me and said that it was almost here. Things are looking up right? No. It showed up today. Actually someone else's transmission came  :banghead:. A Ford 4 wheel drive transmission and transfer case showed up. So we refused to accept that and told them to find my transmission. So I contacted the company again and told them that this is B.S. and they need to either find my transmission or pay me for it, and regardless they need to reimburse me for the shipping since it has been over a month and I still don't have my transmission. Does anyone have any more ideas on what I can do at this point? I am so frustrated. It took me forever to find an 18 spline transmission and I still may not have one.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
Re: I am soo frustrated. Need advice
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007 - 01:54:59 AM »
Just keep plugging away at it I guess.

I hope no one at the trucking company has a 'CUDA.  They might just say your transmission fell off the truck

Offline Autophile

• Kowalski... and the keys to a sawed-off weekend!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007 - 04:49:19 AM »
If it comes down to it, and if you paid with a credit card (Visa, etc.), just contact your credit card company and explain what happened. They will credit your account and relieve you of the hassle. This is why I ALWAYS use my credit card for big and/or potentially complicated transactions, e.g., eBay.  :thumbsup:
1971 Cuda, black/black, 419 cu. in. 3G Hemi with twin turbos (build in progress), AlterKtion, Wilwood 12.19" disks, billet Rallye wheels

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007 - 12:29:12 PM »
When the Ford transmission came, did it have yours or someone elses name and address on it?

If it had you name on it, then the seller sent you the wrong one. If it didn't have you name and address on it, then why the He!! did the trucking company decide that they should deliver that one to you instead of the rightful recipient? That would only make for TWO irate customers.

I'd start phone kicking some butt all over the place!

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007 - 12:39:23 PM »
It had my name on it, but the dimensions of the pallet did not match the dimensions of the crate that was picked up, that is why I beleive the paperwork got switched somewhere during this last month that it was being delivered, and placed on the wrong truck.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007 - 04:37:50 PM »
O Oh , trust me this could turn into a bigger cluster &^%$ really easy. May I ask a few questions first? Was the shipper (the person you got the trans from) versed in shipping things via common carrier? Correct labeling and palletising? We ship common carrier often, and to the inexperienced shipper.... well lets just say it's not like throwing something in a box and running to the post office. (Of which i also have stories on.) Lets start  with a good pallet, it dosen't have to be good looking but sturdy is a must. Also having the frieght well affixed to the pallet is very important. We use cattle wire that we twist to take up the slack, some people use banding, I have found this to be very ineffectinve on oddly shaped frieght (like tranny's). Proper labeling (SMUDGE PROOF) is another factor.   

I'm on a roll now so bear with the story. Joes sells a trans. Hes never shipped anything before. He ties it to a pallet and puts your address on a piece of paper and tapes it to the tranny. Mike the fright driver goes to Joe for pickup. Mike puts the bar-code sticker on the paper next to tour address. So the terminals can scan it. (I belive just about all frieght companies are using this method by now.Now it goes in the truck to the terminal (not directly to you) . BTW a piece of frieght could go through 10 terminals depending on where you are and if the frieght is going multi-line. ( Which means one carrier picks it up- another drops it off). Still awake?good! Now the  frieght is on the road, belive it or not pallets do "bounce" at times in the back of trailers. Now the piece that wasn't properly affixed is still on the pallet, but already loose. Which is also playing havoc on the pallet which was not that study when Joe pulled it from the dumpster.  Mike gets to the teminal , its raining as his trailers unloaded. The address paper gets a little wet but it still there. Now the pallet gets moved around a bit in the terminal. Part of the banding holding the frieght is very loose. It goes in the next truck and gets bounced around a little more. Frieght gets moved around , the paper with the bar code gets torn off. By the time the pallet is unloaded again. the frieght is totally loose and comes off the pallet altogether. The labels gone...the pallets junk... the frieght lays around in he terminal. FAST FORWARD here... Bill calls the trucking company after waiting for his frieght for weeks .. the las record they have is when it was scanned at the first termial. And trust me Mark who works in the office is NOT going into the terminal to physically look for Bills frieght. And on and on and on. Although this is a fictional story, we have had a piece go missing for 7 weekls once. And companies both common carrier and of the FED-EX variety all work this way. The other bad part is it's just another thing to move for them. Unless you insured the trans most frieght companies only have a $50 liability on used mechandise. 
If it comes down to it, and if you paid with a credit card (Visa, etc.), just contact your credit card company and explain what happened. They will credit your account and relieve you of the hassle. This is why I ALWAYS use my credit card for big and/or potentially complicated transactions, e.g., eBay.  :thumbsup:

This is very good advice. Best of luck!
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007 - 07:20:04 PM »

Problem I see is you stated that you arranged for the pickup, if so at the time the item was picked up the seller had fulfilled his obligation, on the other hand if he arranged & paid for shipping you have some re-course.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007 - 12:07:54 AM »
Problem I see is you stated that you arranged for the pickup, if so at the time the item was picked up the seller had fulfilled his obligation, on the other hand if he arranged & paid for shipping you have some re-course.

This is true, even though you were on the recieving end. If you sent for it, you are still considered the shipper. Sorry for more "good news"  :bricks1:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007 - 02:38:20 AM »