Author Topic: Fuel Tank Sending Unit  (Read 2222 times)

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
Fuel Tank Sending Unit
« on: August 06, 2007 - 05:39:28 PM »
Anyone ever deal with these people?

http://www.google.com/products?q=73+cuda+-+Fuel+Tank+sending+unit&hl=en&newwindow=1&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&rlz=1I7ADBF&pwst=1&um=1&scoring=p

I need a new sending unit and don't want to pay the 140ish price at year one.  Any thoughts on this one?  I tried my local autobones and advance auto, but they can't get one.

:feedback:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Fuel Tank Sending Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007 - 05:59:52 PM »
I have no feedback, but they look correct, and at that price...  :droolingbounce:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007 - 07:43:53 PM »
Your link sent me to a Google search with several listings from different sellers...only ones I'm sure I'm familiar with, although I have never purchased anything from them, is 1A Auto on eBay and Rock-auto.     I would not be afraid of doing business with either one..
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline RDF

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007 - 09:19:57 PM »
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007 - 09:28:37 PM »
Was size do you need? I only ask because I have a almost new 5/16 sending unit that works perfectly. It has less then 500 miles on it. I upgraded to a 3/8 line when I built my stroker and had to upgrade 3/8 unit. Let me know if you're interested.
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........

Offline RDF

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007 - 09:49:10 AM »
Was size do you need? I only ask because I have a almost new 5/16 sending unit that works perfectly. It has less then 500 miles on it. I upgraded to a 3/8 line when I built my stroker and had to upgrade 3/8 unit. Let me know if you're interested.

Well my original one is 5/16th, but I'm looking to upgrade now because my 440 will be dropped in my car soon....so I figured I'd do it now.

Thanks for the offer though, much obliged.  :2thumbs:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

My build:

Offline RDF

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007 - 04:37:29 PM »
I just ordered it from 1A Auto via the phone and he said the reason it's so cheap is that they have SOOOO many in stock that they need to move them.  If anyone needs one, I guess now would be the time to pick one up.  Real good price and good company!  :2thumbs:
Bob

1973 'Cuda

My build:

Offline matt63

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007 - 05:26:55 PM »
I hope it's not some of the Chinese made units.  I asked my supplier why theirs was so expensive and they told me that they only sold the US made units and had stopped selling the Chinese units due to too many problems.  You might want to check out their return policy.

Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline ksierens

• 70 Challenger Resurrection
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007 - 05:28:02 PM »
Well let us know how it works out.  I don't need it yet, but if it is that cheap, and a good product, it might be worth getting now.
1970 Triple Black Challenger R/T  440 Six Pack - 4 Speed - 3.55 Dana
Kurt - SE Michigan

Offline RDF

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007 - 05:34:38 PM »
I hope it's not some of the Chinese made units.  I asked my supplier why theirs was so expensive and they told me that they only sold the US made units and had stopped selling the Chinese units due to too many problems.  You might want to check out their return policy.

100% no hassil return policy....which is good.....hopefully nothing will happen to it though.
Bob

1973 'Cuda

My build:

Offline Cudaah

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007 - 10:25:41 AM »
I notice some have a brass float and others have plastic.  Will this make much difference?

I am also swaping out my 5/16 for a 3/8.

nivvy

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007 - 10:29:34 AM »
a float is a float if you think about it...as long as they dont have pin holes in the they work the same... I got mine off ebay as well I think it might have been a1??? cant remember though for sure....ill look it up...anyways no problems to date!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007 - 11:11:39 AM »
I notice some have a brass float and others have plastic.  Will this make much difference?

I am also swaping out my 5/16 for a 3/8.

The brass floats you see were probably originals. I think all the re-pops use a plastic float now. No real difference in them other than plastic is cheaper to make. I would assume you are replacing the entire fuel line with 3/8" ?

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2007 - 12:06:56 PM »
The brass floats you see were probably originals. I think all the re-pops use a plastic float now. No real difference in them other than plastic is cheaper to make. I would assume you are replacing the entire fuel line with 3/8" ?

Mike

Not all of the brass floats are originals.  The one I bought from YearOne was brass.  I don't think it would matter even if you are doing an original restoration because noone will ever see it.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Cudaah

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007 - 12:27:36 PM »
I noticed 1aauto on ebay.  They have 2 different 3/8" units - one price is 50 and the other is 115.  Different part numbers so I am wondering what the difference is?  I am waiting for a response. 

Yeah it seems like you can still get a few units in brass - just wasn't sure if it mattered - thanks