Author Topic: Picture of show.......  (Read 5317 times)

Offline kingtroll

Re: Picture of show.......
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007 - 07:57:50 AM »
I personally don't care if it's original or not I'll take it. Beautiful...
1974 Barracuda

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007 - 10:56:15 AM »
Is this the one re-bodied from a 383 'vert? Big article in MCG and still on homepage of www.Cudaworld.com.  They say its a fraud and would be consficated by the authorities if it ever enters the U.S.  Beautiful all the same.

Offline tancuda

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007 - 07:22:57 PM »
2 more..............

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007 - 08:22:03 PM »
   :droolingbounce:  :droolingbounce:  :droolingbounce:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 2TAGS

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007 - 11:25:29 AM »
The MCG article calls this car what it is - a fake.  If memory serves, there was a Hemi tranny and a French registration.  These were used to make the Hemi car from a 383 car.  The owner tried to pass it off as the real thing and got called on it.  Had a distressed buildsheet and all.  This is fraud.  :nono:   Extremely unlikely that the original registration is real given the owners character.  Buyer beware...

That aside the car does look outstanding!
1971 'Cuda 340

Offline DanGoodman

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007 - 12:47:14 PM »
Is this the one re-bodied from a 383 'vert? Big article in MCG and still on homepage of www.Cudaworld.com.  They say its a fraud and would be consficated by the authorities if it ever enters the U.S.  Beautiful all the same.

I don't really know anything about this , but Who would consficate the car? and by what authority or law would it fall under? I know of alot of cars , especially Dukes of Hazzards, Starsky and Hutch, and Green Hornet Black Beauty's cars which have been recreated, not as far as a Vin tag, but everything else. The VIN would be the only thing I would say would be a problem, but consficate??? :scared:
MOPAR FAMILY

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007 - 01:04:37 PM »
I don't really know anything about this , but Who would consficate the car? and by what authority or law would it fall under? I know of alot of cars , especially Dukes of Hazzards, Starsky and Hutch, and Green Hornet Black Beauty's cars which have been recreated, not as far as a Vin tag, but everything else. The VIN would be the only thing I would say would be a problem, but consficate??? :scared:

Yes
And cause the owners lots of legal problems.  It's exactly the same as stealing a new Corvette and putting a wrecked Corvette VIN on it to make it legit.  Even if the original 383 vert 'CUDA wasn't stolen (and I'm not saying it wasn't) the car is a total fraud.

The only way to import that car properly is to put all the original VIN numbers back on and leave them on. Dash, cowl, door and radiator support.  Usually only the Dash and maybe the door would be looked at in customs but this car is such a famous fake now anyone who tried to change it back after import would be busted.  If a guy just wanted to keep it on the downlow he might be OK but if he showed up to even a medium size local carshow with fake numbers on it I bet someone would rat him out.

Offline DanGoodman

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007 - 01:33:25 PM »
that all makes sense, I am sure no one wants to get a fake car, but as we know it happens. I just want to know who do you report it too? Who enforces this? Who is the VIN police? Rat out to who? That is my question. I just question the ability to pick up the phone and say, Hey I suspect this car is not what it says it is and then what? Someone mention confiscate, who is the authority? :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: Sorry to repeat the same question.
MOPAR FAMILY

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007 - 08:50:24 PM »
This is funny  :roflsmiley:
As soon as I saw the first couple pics, I thought to myself........ :thinkerg: I wonder if it's a re-body?........Yea it's gotta be.
It's mostly fake's at most shows anyways...........not that that makes it ok by no means  :nono:
Fake R/T's...fake Cuda's.....fake GTX's......fake Road Runners......fake ss....fake rs.......
Why must EVERYONE have a better car by adding emblems?
Not every Chally needs an R/T stripe to look cool.
Not every Cuda has got to be a ghad dang 71.
They are ALL beautiful, Period  :ylsuper:

Thanks for sharing the pics man  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline tancuda

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007 - 09:16:30 PM »

Not every Chally needs an R/T stripe to look cool.
Not every Cuda has got to be a ghad dang 71.
They are ALL beautiful, Period  :ylsuper:

:iagree:

No problem for the pic and next week there's another mopar show near me so I promise beautiful picture if I go,
well you know with 2 kids you don't always do what you want...I just love to take care of them...but sometimes
it just take a MOPAR BREAK to keep going.

:cheers:
 :cheers:

Offline 6packCuda

• Eagle, NE... Member since 11/17/06
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007 - 09:19:23 PM »
Hey! What's wrong with a fake Cuda? :nono:
Dave

Offline R/T hedkace

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007 - 09:57:20 PM »
Hey! What's wrong with a fake Cuda? :nono:
Absolutely nothing.....as long as there is a woman in it with fake breasts   :eek4: :puke: .................J/K  :misbehaving:

Hope you can make it to the next show there tancuda  :cheers:

Jeff     
    Defending the Earth from "uptight" mods!!   an endless crusade..........

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4speed Dana
1970 Dodge Super Bee
1969 Barracuda
 Massachusetts

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007 - 10:42:50 PM »
I personally don't care if it's original or not I'll take it.

I don't think that's the point. Legal issues aside, re-creating a car for your own enjoyment is one thing, trying to pass it off as something it isn't (to the extent of creating false build sheets, manifests, etc.) is a whole different animal, especially if/when the car is put up for sale (which it inevitably will - all of this appears to me to be a PR machine for the sale).

There was a story in one of the recent magazines (Mopar Action, I think) about a guy who was bringing a Super Bee into the US from Canada (where he purchased it) and the border patrol couldn't verify the VIN, so the car was impounded for weeks until the matter was ironed out.  It isn't as innocent a swap as it's being made out by some here.  It's a crime in most (if not all states) and is downright scummy to try to pass this car off as something it isn't.

Bottom line: If it's a clone/tribute/recreation/whatever spin word you want to use, call it as such.  Anything else is dishonest.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline Grec

• The '73 Chrysler should have made...
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007 - 10:54:12 PM »
Rebodied or not, that thing is gorgeous.

Love the black Chally with the bumblebee stripe, too.
1973 Challenger Rallye
- 440 Six Pack
- A833 4 Speed, 18 Spline
- FE5 Rallye Red on Black

Offline 2TAGS

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2007 - 11:37:08 AM »
This is the perfect car to be black listed...I don't see it on Barry's list yet but I'm sure it's coming.

Note: per Mopar Collectors Guide the VIN tag, fender tags and buildsheet are fake.  They even restamped the cowl and radiator support.
1971 'Cuda 340