Author Topic: For what it's worth - Dinner Opportunity Discovered  (Read 9189 times)

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
  • 2017 Carlisle or BUST...
    • JS Custom Cars
For what it's worth - Dinner Opportunity Discovered
« on: August 07, 2007 - 04:43:10 PM »
Hey all,

Now I know you guys reminded me that I have a year (hey, 11 months) to plan for this, but over the weekend my wife and I wanted to do something different for dinner, so we went to a nearby restaurant/bar called Your Place.  I've been to it many times before - has maybe 12-15 tables indoors (probably more - I didn't count) and a nice-sized bar, two pool tables in a separate room with a few little arcade games.  As we were parking I realized that it has a relatively large porch area out back, with about 6 large tables with umbrellas and such.  So we asked to sit outside and ended up bein' out there by ourselves.  It was real cozy, decently lit for being like 9 oclock, and just had two speakers playing juke box music at a very respectable volume level.

So I asked the waitress if they'd ever consider reserving the porch for a large group - say 40 people or so.  She went in and asked the manager, who said it'd be no problem, there'd be no reservation cost, and that we could even have them set up the buffet for us, which is an assortment of pizzas and pastas.  Now I realize pizzas for one night is already the tradition at Carlisle, but this would give the added benefit that when we started showing up, food would already be sitting out for us to enjoy.  Of course we don't have to take the buffet route.

The restaurant is probably the exact same distance from Carlisle as GG's, but more in the direction of the Hotel.  (4C, when you missed the right turn towards GG and kept going down route 11/Carlisle Pike, you drove right past it.)

As far as prices go, I got a steak calzone (always delicious - get 'em every time) for about 7 bucks, Ash had some sort of deli wrap for about 6 dollars, and I got a pitcher of Coors Light (4 glasses worth) for 7 or 7.50.  Not bad at all, in my book (and I'm poor!)

So I just wanted to let you guys know - I'd say this place would easily accommodate a group our size - the porch was I'd say almost exactly the size of the room at Grandpa's Growler.  It was very peaceful, we'd have our own area, there's a fence around the porch with a gate in case people wanted to step out into the parking lot for a smoke, and there's TONS of parking out back, where I'm sure we wouldn't have to worry about people, oh I dunno, backin' into our Mopars!

I'm not penciling us into anything, just reporting back to the mother ship!

And yes, I could definitely be there in 20 minutes.

Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe - 8.0L V10, 6-Speed Tremec
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Trail Rated - 4.7L V8, Auto
2010 Dodge Challenger SE Rallye - 3.5L V6, Auto (Wife's!)

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
Re: For what it's worth - Dinner Opportunity Discovered
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007 - 05:07:08 PM »
That sounds very nice.  I know 4C will like the pool tables, I would love to watch him play a game or two. 

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007 - 05:18:53 PM »
Sounds like a decent place . . I might try a game of pool or maybe some golden tee!   :dogpile:

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007 - 05:58:31 PM »
That sounds good Jeff, really does. Is it roofed, or if by chance it rains (sorrrrrry) are we getting like real wet. That Coliseum place ya metioned eariler sounded awsome too. It sounded like a place that could handle more than one large group. Just asking buddy. Thanks for the leg work buddy.  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007 - 07:12:43 PM »
Jeff,

Nice investigating.  :thumbsup: Just where is this place? AND... thanks for the short version of the story.  :poopoke:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007 - 09:06:08 PM »
AND... thanks for the short version of the story.  :poopoke:

Yeah yeah yeah...  ya poo poker...

Satin, the Coliseum is no good, IMO.  It's a big place, but has a very weird layout - unless it has some large banquet room I don't know of, it offers no group accommodations whatsoever.  Plus the place is ALWAYS busy - it would be impossible to stick together or find someone once they separated from the group.  I almost lost my wife in there twice in 5 minutes!  We walked in, looked around, and walked out.  Way too crowded for my taste.

The porch at Your Place is not covered, HOWEVER, the waitress mentioned that most groups just reserve a group of tables inside the restaurant - so we'll have that option if needed.  It's only a little louder inside, but smokier, which is a turn off for some people (myself included.)  But again let me reiterate that gathering there indoors IS an option.

Your Place is between one and one-and-a-half miles from the intersection of Route 11 and Route 114 - further down Route 11 from the Fairgrounds.  When going to Grandpa's Growler, you'd turn right onto 114 from route 11 and go probably 2 miles or so to the restaurant.  For Your Place, you'd just stay straight on route 11 for another mile or so.  (Also from Your Place, you'd continue down route 11 another mile or two, merge onto Route 581 East for a few miles, take the exit for I-83 South, take your second exit, and the usual hotel-of-choice is to the left - very quick.  Ask 4C - he took that route in July.)

Alright, don't wanna go into any more detail - MEK's probably getting eye cramps.

And hey, it's an honor representing this group.  You need anything, you just ask ol' 20 minutes...

:)

Jeff

Offline purple1

• Worlds first e-body trailer. Member since 3/10/05
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007 - 03:41:11 PM »
Thanks Jeff, keep us posted as your investigation progresses. Sounds like it could work as long as it don't rain...  :eek4:

Dave :wave:

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer.    Severna Park, Maryland

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007 - 03:33:22 AM »
Yeah yeah yeah...  ya poo poker...

:roflsmiley: :smilielol:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

nivvy

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007 - 10:50:38 PM »
Pool...hmmm...my specialty!!!! 9-Ball anyone!!!!

Offline dougs bs23

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007 - 09:36:24 AM »
Pool...hmmm...my specialty!!!! 9-Ball anyone!!!!
sounds like a setup
see Bill run  go Navy football///fly navy

Offline ViperMan

• Resident
    • JS Custom Cars
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007 - 09:12:35 PM »
Hey watch it - I saw an entire show on how to shark...  ;)

nivvy

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007 - 09:23:32 PM »
Well Im a cash player...... Ever go to Valley Forge 9 Ball Tournament in PA.... Amatuer field is 1024 players and single elimination.... $5000 first place...

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007 - 11:28:12 PM »
Paul Newman is my Dad!  Watch out!

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007 - 11:33:37 PM »
I'm in!!   

nivvy

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007 - 12:02:17 AM »
Yea Paul Newman & Tom Cruise are cool but neither of the have ever broke and ran 7 racks of 9 Ball in a row like me... :2thumbs: