Author Topic: Car shipping help plz  (Read 606 times)

Offline longgone

Car shipping help plz
« on: August 09, 2007 - 08:31:32 PM »
Bought a cuda and need to have it shipped from near New Orleans LA to NC.  Any good recommendations on car movers that use enclosed vehicles and cover any damages done to your vehicle?

Thanks
Blueglow

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: Car shipping help plz
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007 - 08:44:58 PM »
Transport companies are required by federal law to carry cargo insurance. I would recommend however that you contact your insurance company, provide them with the information on the vehicle and have them provide additional coverage on the vehicle should something happen like an act of God (lightning, hail storm, fire ect) or theft or vandalism!! I did this when I transported my car from Auburn CA to Chesapeake VA. I can't remember the name of the transport company, but I will look through my papers and see if I can find it. I was very pleased and had no problems with the company.  :2thumbs:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Stacked440

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007 - 11:40:41 PM »
I haven't done any enclosed transports but I've shipped 3 cars, 2 cars with the same company and they do a good job, Countrywide auto transport.  My friend is currently getting his car shipped with them as well but is having timing issues with them.  I'd check em out...WHATEVER YOU DO...DO NOT SHIP D.A.S. auto shippers.  They gave me the biggest run around i've ever had with a shipping company, only to find out they wouldn't ship my car, so I had them cancel the order and I booked another company, though they still charged me for shipping my car though they never followed through!!!!!!! :villagers:  Stay away from them.
-Kyle-
1971 Challenger R/T clone 440/5-spd
1973 Duster - 5.7L Hemi swap project

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007 - 09:41:42 AM »
Get a copy of Hemmings Motor News, alot of good reputable transport companies out there.
Reliable-Passport-Interstate, etc......