Author Topic: Random visit from someone who saw my car in the garage-4 sale? Ever happen to U?  (Read 2562 times)

Offline longgone

Took my 70' Cuda to my father-in-laws one weekend for a 4th of July cookout.  Took him for a ride, he didn't even know what a Cuda was....

Anyways, while out on our ride, I must have ran over something and it poked a hole in a transmission line.  I ended up leaving the car at his house a few days until i could get another line and fix it....

After 3 days my father-in-law calls me and says come get this damn car out of my carport.  I said why, he says I have had over 30 people stop and ask if it was for sale, some as late as 11:00 at night.

He said, I don't know what a cuda is but I wouldn't own...   He made some comment about flies hovering around $#%# and my car must stink as many people were swarming around it...

I smiled and said, It's a Mopar thing...

Blueglow...

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
Some folks just don't understand..  :o
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline LAA66

Cool story Blueglow, how many  :thumbsup: do you get cruising around town? It can be hard to concentrate on driving while responding to them all the time.

sleepychallenger

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:nice one blueglow  :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Offline MOPAR FANATIC

• Resident
Took my 70' Cuda to my father-in-laws one weekend for a 4th of July cookout.  Took him for a ride, he didn't even know what a Cuda was....

Anyways, while out on our ride, I must have ran over something and it poked a hole in a transmission line.  I ended up leaving the car at his house a few days until i could get another line and fix it....

After 3 days my father-in-law calls me and says come get this d**n car out of my carport.  I said why, he says I have had over 30 people stop and ask if it was for sale, some as late as 11:00 at night.

He said, I don't know what a cuda is but I wouldn't own...   He made some comment about flies hovering around $#%# and my car must stink as many people were swarming around it...

I smiled and said, It's a Mopar thing...   :smilielol:  :smilielol: Great story blueglow.  :2thumbs:

Blueglow...
71 Challenger 340 a/t
2013 Plum Crazy Hemi R/T 6SPD

Offline wiging19

Offline Scatterbrain

• 1973 Challenger
Usually my 73 Chally stays in the garage, but since I am also working on a 71 Corvette I have to take it out to work on that car.  I've had several people stop by just to ask about it.  Most are neighbors and usually have a classic car in their garage, sometimes I get a door to door salesman who just won't go away and uses the car as a conversation piece to get me to buy whatever he is selling.  The funny thing is when I take the car to work I park it where I can see it from the windows of my building I usually see a group walking around admiring it at least a couple of times a day.

When I bought my Dad a 57 Fairlane I had to store it outside till we could get transportation to his house (wouldn't fit in the garage and he lives 6 hours away) I would walk outside and find people pulling over and taking pictures or walking around it. 

Offline 67Vette427

• My other car is not a Rambler
One day I had the 67 Vette and the 71 Cuda parked next to each other on the double car side of the garage and this middle eastern guy came flying down the street in his Mercedes, saw the open garage and slammed on his brakes. He actually pulled his car in my driveway and yelled " Gihad"...lol j/k he asked me if I wanted to sell either or both of them.

You just got to shake your head and roll your eyes before you ask " would you give me $3,000.00 for them?"

Another lady was going door to door selling things and actually walked in my garage to look at the Cuda before she asked if it was for sale.

Now I keep old quilts over them inside so people can't see what they are. I only open the door to go in or out.
1 of 1 Mr Norm's T/A/ 2015 Hellcat, sublime/ 13 Power Wagon

Offline AllGreen70RT

My house is 200 ft from the road, in the woods, the garage door is rarely open. Yet a few times I've had people see it and want to know if it was for sell. Must be Mopar eyes. :roflsmiley:

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
It's like Spidey-sense, it just kicks in automatically :sly:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

nivvy

Everything I own is always for sale.......If the price is right...

Offline FY1443433

• 1971 Superbee, 1970 Challenger R/T
I own a 71 Superbee and as I'm working on my 70 Challenger R/T doors, I always have people stopping by to tell me how much they like the bee.

The house next door is for sale and not long ago a couple were looking at it and they saw the bee and as they were leaving they just had to come over and take a look.
Very nice people from PA.

FY1443433

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
I don't mind people coming by, you just don't see cars like these anymore and even people who don't know muscle cars slow down and look, it's eye-candy.  Besides i don't worry about theft (even though I'm in so cal), I get LOJACK + mobile GPS for all my cars.