Author Topic: Help-starter problem  (Read 476 times)

Offline GreenFish

Help-starter problem
« on: August 13, 2007 - 11:55:17 AM »
Hey guys, I just got finished putting my car back together (transmission was out) and I should have known better then to change something else out before making sure the first thing worked right.

here is my problem. The car wont start. I switched to a brand new OEM replacement battery cable. I thought i took good care in makeing sure i did one wire at a time and make sure they were all hooked up right to the starter relay. But when i turn the key I get nothing. The battery is good cus the lights and everything else come on fine.

How do I test for issues?

oh. fyi ,  its not a neutral safety switch tried that
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Help-starter problem
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007 - 11:59:57 AM »
does the relay on the inner fender click ?
you should have power on the yellow wire with the key in the start position , & ground on the brown wire with the car in park or neutral , if yiu short the 2 large terminals on the relay the starter should turn the engine if not the starter is the problem if the wires are connected correctly

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline GreenFish

Re: Help-starter problem
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007 - 02:52:32 PM »
ok thanks, thats what i was thinking, Ill give that a shot.
70 cuda, 440, KB pistons, 10.5:1 compression, edlebrock heads,RacerBrown cam, 5-Speed Tremec, Megasquirt EFI