Author Topic: Building my plan  (Read 909 times)

Offline Chlngrcrzy

Building my plan
« on: August 15, 2007 - 07:44:04 PM »
My 73 challenger is an original numbers matching car, with a 318, and a pistol grip 4-speed. The only thing changed before i bought it was, they had painted it plum crazy and put a black vinyl top on it. The original calls for a white vinyl top and B1 light blue. They had put a RT hood on it also. I have a little bit of rust control to do, before i even think about paint. I do not like the light blue/White top. I will probably keep this car for many years, so i will probably paint it the color i want. Will it really be that big of a deal for resale value? I would think that 15 years from now it probably won't matter much. I do not see many regular 318 cars on C.C., have most been cloned out or were there not many made?

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
Re: Building my plan
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007 - 08:56:09 PM »
I didn't know you could get a 318/ 4-spd.  I agree, you should keep the color you want.  I don't see it affecting the future value.

Offline ambitions2

• ..we gunna make it to the finish line...
    • 72 Challenger EV-2 Project
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007 - 11:26:08 AM »
What is your main concern, the resale value or what you want?  My father's 70 Challenger is far from the original color, its the World Rally Suburau blue.  Build it how you want it.  The name alone will keep the resale value up
Project: 1972 Challenger - 340 AT 8 3/4 3.23 gears
http://community.webshots.com/user/jtitan2220

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007 - 11:43:33 AM »
No reason you can't repaint if you find the value changes in 15 years.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007 - 05:56:24 PM »
Personally I would do it like I would want it. That is what I did with my Road Runner It is the factory color as I love the Seafoam turquise. I changed the interior color and put on a vinyl top which it didn't have. I hot rodded the motor and changed other things also. My T/A is stock looking but the motor is hot rodded also as is the rear and trans. I just wanted it looking stock but I'm an old rodder so I can't leave anything alone!!

By the way  :useless:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007 - 07:59:34 PM »
I have felt that i want to do what i want with it, especially if i am going to use for a driver. Black vinyl top,Black leather interior, and Hemi Orange paint job(with black stripes, etc.) is what i am leaning towards.