Author Topic: Calendar Voting  (Read 9954 times)

Swedefish

Re: Calendar Voting
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007 - 04:16:47 PM »
I've got to compliment Swedefish on his choice of angle, background... Just one awesome picture....
My Favorite of the bunch..!!!  Good Job. :2thumbs:

I agree with some of the other comments above,, but we are just for the most part amateurs parking our cars and taking
what we think is a nice photo. Good job to all. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Thanks for the kind words Wangette  :cheers:.
And I just told the wife that I should`ve picked a better spot for the photo. :bricks1:
I love the light in Four40Cudas photo, a great pic of a great car

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007 - 06:37:16 PM »
  :drool: I guess I'll have to be the odd ball here, I don't see a bad picture in the bunch. As I look at them I'm going to have to take the rest of the time remaining to make a selection to vote on. You have to remember we are MOPAR car nuts and not Professional Photographers  :picture:      :2thumbs:
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007 - 07:11:15 PM »
  :drool: I guess I'll have to be the odd ball here, I don't see a bad picture in the bunch. As I look at them I'm going to have to take the rest of the time remaining to make a selection to vote on. You have to remember we are MOPAR car nuts and not Professional Photographers  :picture:      :2thumbs:

:iagree:  :iagree:  :iagree:

I see a few that jump out at me(lucky you), but I'll vote for the top twelve in my opinion. That's the way it's supposed to be.  :iagree: :thumbsup:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 70challengerrt

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007 - 07:14:39 PM »
I have to learn to take better pics. I thought it looked better on my computer. I love crazypetes and rareta, but im a sucker for T/A's.

nivvy

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007 - 07:25:22 PM »
Well other than mine...lol ...my favorite was MEK'S....  :burnout: I think jackboys is the sleeper of the bunch.....He will make the 12....with the right angle Four40Cuda would win the cover!!! just my  :2cents:

I also like the people who though outside of the box  :picture:

I have never turned away from any mopar photos in any calender  :burnout: they all rock...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007 - 07:49:37 PM by StrOkEr »

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007 - 08:12:09 PM »
 :(  I just got mine out of the shop today. I still have no back bumper or hood installed, but I got some good shots of it out in the yard.   Maybe next year I can get it in on the action. I am hoping some A bodies get in the top 12 as well. Dial up is making it difficult to load everything and look at.  Maybe we should make a 3 yr callender? Then everyone will get in. They all look great.

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007 - 01:39:49 AM »
of course I voted for the A-body...I guess it says something for my rather plain taste but the two pictures that struck me & I had to go take a 2nd & 3rd look to see what was different but stroker & 71bigblock with the stark backgrounds grabbed my attention, esp. the rain shot.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

nivvy

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007 - 01:43:03 AM »
I seriously think this is getting twisted in the wrong direction... This is all supposed to be fun  :cooldancing:

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007 - 04:08:47 AM »
I seriously think this is getting twisted in the wrong direction... This is all supposed to be fun  :cooldancing:

I have to agree....if you dont have something positive to say...then just keep it to yourself. Thats what sets this board apart from all the others. If you want to be negative, there are lots of other boards where you you can flame away. I've always thought this board was the most positive on the net...we have a "family" feel that is hard to find elsewhere.

I did not see anybody profess to be an expert photographer...nor was there an expectation that all the pics would be "professional" quality. You know this is just a hobby to most of us...lets keep it that way. Lets face it, the vast majority of the people who will buy this calendar are happy to see 12 pics of e-bodies and cudas, no matter what the quality of pic.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007 - 04:10:38 AM by hemi71 »

Offline RDF

• The pain that greets me is the stick that beats me
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007 - 08:39:23 AM »
I have to agree....if you dont have something positive to say...then just keep it to yourself. Thats what sets this board apart from all the others. If you want to be negative, there are lots of other boards where you you can flame away. I've always thought this board was the most positive on the net...we have a "family" feel that is hard to find elsewhere.

I did not see anybody profess to be an expert photographer...nor was there an expectation that all the pics would be "professional" quality. You know this is just a hobby to most of us...lets keep it that way. Lets face it, the vast majority of the people who will buy this calendar are happy to see 12 pics of e-bodies and cudas, no matter what the quality of pic.

With all due respect to everyone on this board, it's all about opinions.  I think everyone that has posted to this thread has said something about the photos, good or bad.  If you call someones opinion negative, that's fine, but try to read ALL of their comments because everyone that posted "negative" things on this thread has always said something nice  to the effect of "Don't get me wrong; I enjoyed every picture this year and last year" or "I wasn't pointing a finger at you" or "I didn't want to sound like a horses' a$........Still, it was a tough one, to vote on.  Nice looking cars never-the-less!". 

Come on people, I truely think no one is trying to be negative about this, really.  It's all on how you read each thread.  Go back and read each one again, but this time with a positive attaitude on the "negative" threads and a nagative attitude on the "positive" threads and you'll see how easy it is to misinterpret words.  I've done it tons of times where I read "unread threads" and catch only the last couple of threads and think I should chime in but after I read the whole thread, then it sounds different that when I first read it.

Just my  :2cents:

Besides, it's all Street_Challenged73......he started this thread...... :roflsmiley:   :smilielol:   :poopoke:  :poopoke:  JUST KIDDING.........
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007 - 08:58:12 AM by RDF »
Bob

1973 'Cuda

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes....So tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

My build:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=45749.0

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007 - 09:03:27 AM »

:iagree: I agree RDF but I removed all my previous posts to save anyone getting heated. I thought my comments were 100% legit, not in the slightest way were they negative. "If you haven't got something nice to say, don't say it" true, very true but not in this case. Calling someones ole lady a donkey is something to keep to yourself, this is merely constructive criticism, and mild at that. I think everyone here has a strong enough chin to handle these comments, nothing in them as far as I can see. Anyhow, as I said in each of my posts, no bad cars in that lot and best luck to all who entered.

:wave:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007 - 09:19:24 AM »
Guess my dad forgot to send a picture in, we have a few around here that would have been sent over  :eek4: next year!

]

:bigsmile: definately agree on a 'calender shoot guidebook' or something for picture suggestions
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007 - 10:37:51 AM »

I don't get what your saying...not much you could even call negative that I could find & certainly no one has been singled out, mostly just general observations..
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

nivvy

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007 - 12:07:23 PM »
goody that is a cool photo.....lol...I forgot all about ya.... but if you go back to the beginning of the thread several people said how a lot of the photos were bad..to me I think that is taking the fun out of it and no one was singled out of course ... but think about it...

For the Record I think everyones photos looked great! Of course we have opinions and some look better to us than others thats why this is a FUN "amatuer" contest and you pick out your 12 favorites.....

:burnout:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007 - 12:27:57 PM by StrOkEr »

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007 - 01:03:40 PM »
Even if Goody's dad entered a photo, he wouldnt pass the rules.  You need 100 posts.   :-\