Author Topic: Prayers needed and why I am selling stuff  (Read 2332 times)

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
Re: Prayers needed and why I am selling stuff
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007 - 06:53:34 PM »
Oh Clown, I will be sending prayers for sure to both you and your wife.  It is very good news that it hasn't spread.  Her treatment will be hard but I am sure it will be easier having her devoted and loving husband by her side.  Stay supportive and positive for her, and if you need to vent feel free to post here or even email me if you would like.  I have seen many people come through this who are healthy and happy today.  I am sure your wife will be one of the fortunate ones.  Stay strong and know that we are all here for you.

Offline Oldschool

• Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 9-05-06
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007 - 07:10:15 PM »
My families prayers go out to you and your family. 

A good news story for you guys.  About 20 years ago, one of my best friends wife got the same news--breast cancer.  That was a long time ago and the treatment wasn't as advanced as nowdays.  She has enjoyed those 20 odd years as normally as the rest of us.  So, it gets beat all the time...  Keep your chin up and I am sure good news will come along soon....  Oldschool
Ken  --  In Georgia

MOPAR-------"Built To Run------Here To Stay"

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007 - 07:42:02 PM »
Doug, if you need me for anything just drop me a line. Do you have a paypal account. I see self employed in a salon so I wonder about you making ends meet.  And insurance, it seems to never cover everything. I wanna help out as you know you would for me. I am sure other here are feeling the same towards you and your family. Things will be alright...keep the faith-your friend...ALAN

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007 - 09:24:18 PM »
Clown, thanks for sharing with us here. Sad news for sure, but sounds like it is under control, but certainly you wife has a lot to yet go through. She will need you in ways the two of you have never experienced before. but both of you will come out of this closer and stronger and even more in love for one another. Please continue to share as you feel you want and need, we care and will support you both. "Tomorrow is why we live for today."   :wave:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007 - 09:28:25 PM »
Hey Clown,
I am glad to hear your wife has come through the surgery with a good report!! I am sure the both of you are still concerned with the future. Doctors can do wonderful things, but there is only one "Great Physician". The only one who can heal. I will lift up prayers to God for your wife and for you. For healing and for peace!! God bless!! :angelwings:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007 - 09:41:46 PM »
My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007 - 10:20:25 PM »

Man, that sucks Clown, though good news on the surgery. Keep the head up & keep the faith.  :wave:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007 - 10:36:41 PM »
Thanks guys and girls,you are all the best.

The Clown

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007 - 01:14:23 AM »
Clown keep positive thoughts through all of this and know my prayers go out to you and your family.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007 - 01:21:18 AM »
Sorry to hear this Clown, it sounds like it is under control and that is a great blessing. Prayers to your wife for a speedy and complete recovery.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007 - 04:25:25 AM »
I wish her the best , & she is in my prayers too
 Glad you made Carlisle it was good to meet you

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007 - 05:49:04 AM »
Wish you both the best through this hard time Clown.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline dragfish

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007 - 05:53:32 AM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you.Keep positive and together you'll beat it.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007 - 07:04:10 AM »
Hey, Clown, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  I know it's a tough time for you and your wife but it is beatable.   The good news is that it isn't in her lymphnodes.  The radiation and chemo treatments can be tough from what I understand but it's do-able.  The lady across the street is going through the chemo treatments now.  Each person may experience the treatment differently but she pretty much just experiences tiredness.  Know the after effects.  I had thyroid cancer and by knowing what to expect after the treatments I knew I was "normal" for what was happening to me.

I think the best thing if you want my  :2cents: is to know the unknown.  By finding out what's to be expected through the course of treaments I think there'll be less stress involved.  Let your wife get lots of rest.  What we do for this family across the street is we organized a schedual that friends and neighbors cook dinner for her 3 times a week.  We've been doing this for the past 2 months.  I offer to help shop and I've been driving their kids to camp and what not when I can to help out.  It might be awkward for you to ask of this from your friends and family so you might be able to ask a friend to help organize it.  We did it through emails.  Not only does this help out by letting her rest but also monetarily since she won't be working and groceries cost $$. 

Perhaps finding a local breast cancer support group will help out psychologically and also they may be able to give some ideas to help out.  If anything, it's nice knowing you're not going through this alone.  In our area there is a local group that gets together once a month to talk out issues.

I hope all works out with your wife's treatments.  Best wishes and prayers for you and your wife.
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 70challrtse

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007 - 05:17:35 PM »
Do what you gotta do, family comes first!  :thumbsup:
:iagree: