Author Topic: Should I??  (Read 6233 times)

Offline rtse

Should I??
« on: August 24, 2007 - 11:18:17 PM »
So.... i am on e-bay.. :ebay: and see a ralley wiring harness(70-74 challenger) for 250.00 ...pics are nice looking too! :wow: ,the only catch is i have to send a money order,well i have never had a problem with mopar guys before and thats all this guy deals in. so i send the money and about three weeks later i get a completely different harness than in the pics... thinking a mistake has been made i try&try&TRY :banghead: to contact him. Finally after i contact e-bay and start an investigation i get him to respond and instead of him trying to help the situation he is a jerk about it  >:(  Finally i e-mail him pics of the harness he sent and ask him to see if he has the right one there, he writes back and says yes he has it and a mistake has been made and wants me to send him the one he has sent me back... ??? So i write him back and tell him you have my money AND the correct harness and you want me to send this harness back too???  :crazy: Well needless to say we are  :swear: at each other and neither side wants to give in. I look at it this way he already has the money for the right harness why wont he just send it when i get the right one(if he has it) I will send the wrong one i have now and we are even? :angelwings: .I came here to warn the rest of you about him when a thought came to me...why not put it to a vote on this forum: Should i send the harness back or keep it and as a last resort sell it back on e-bay?, i would even be willing to write the dink and tell him what i have done and let him give his side if he's willing too. I am thinking if he see's by the votes he's wrong maybe he will send the right harness to me.I am openminded enough to think maybe i am wrong ....what do you think?? :feedback:

Offline matt63

Re: Should I??
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007 - 11:39:04 PM »
What was his return policy?  If he has one I would exercise it although you might get anything back if he's a scammer.  I would threaten negative feed back.  If he doesn't come through then leave negative feedback.  I did this once after buying something and not hearing back from the guy for 3 weeks!  Thinking the worst I reported him and left negative feedback. I even got my money back via Ebay and Paypal.   He eventually replied and said he was on holidays (what an idiot) and wanted me to retract the feedback which cannot be done.
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007 - 12:20:21 AM »
Threathening does not typically work with certain individuals. Not sure what kind this guy is, he may just lack a whole lot of common sense. If it was me i would explain to him very carefully the power you have with just a few strokes of the keyboard. He can also ruin you as a buyer or a potential seller later on. But it is worth a try. Depends on if you are willing to write it off as learning experience or if you desperately want that money back. Sad truth is there are a lot of crazy, wacked out and dishonest people that are trained in the art of scamming, and they prey on honest people like yourself. I too have been burned and didn't like it one bit, but that is another story.

Offline rtse

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007 - 12:32:53 AM »
Y

Offline rtse

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007 - 12:45:56 AM »
Whoops...yes i let him know i could give him a bad rating and thats when he admitted to having the right harness i then told him to send it to me and thats about the time we started to butt-heads  :pullinghair: His return policy is listed as not specified...so do you think i am the one in the wrong? lol

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007 - 01:23:31 AM »
I would not send it back. Sounds like he wants his wiring harness back so he can deek the next guy over too.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007 - 02:44:15 AM »
He needs to send you the right harness and then you need to send him the other one back. (not gonna happen though because he never had the right one to begin with)

What's this bums E-bay handle?

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007 - 03:03:51 PM »
Sounds like he is a scammer. What kind of harness did he send you? Do you know what it goes too? I would sell that puppy if he doesn't make good on the other one.

Offline rtse

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007 - 03:16:13 PM »
We think alike Cuda :cheers:  his e-bay handle is mopar 3401,the name is bob r berry he has a 97% rating but if you look at the positve ratings he got there are still complaints in those they just dont want to start a retaliation war so they gave him a positive ...Well i wrote him and told him about this forum so we will see if he has the balls to tell his side if not does anyone know how to tell what type of harness i do have? i have a cross reference book somewhere but no luck in finding it yet.

Offline gkring

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007 - 09:07:57 PM »
Send the harness back, file with ebay to get your refund, let him keep any other harnesses he may have and chalm it up to a learning experience. Paypal all the way on anything I can. Anybody selling on ebay who refuses to use paypal nowadays I would not trust, especially if they demanded a money order.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Mopar Noob

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007 - 03:41:41 PM »
Dear mopar3401,

I'm looking to buy a harness for my 68 Challenger... I understand you sell these and I was wondering if I could get one from you?

Dear ********,

yes i have that in stock. what is your name and phone number so we can talk about a price. you understand these are rare parts and worth a lot.

- mopar3401

Dear mopar3401,

Do you also need my Social Security Number too?

Dear ********,

i can take that and put it in our database if you like. it may speed up your order. dont forget your name and phone number. whats your shipping location?

- mopar3401

Note that I asked for a 68 Chalenger harness... and the fact that this guy seems to want my identity now...  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007 - 03:52:02 PM by Mopar Noob »

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007 - 03:56:30 PM »
At least he is being friendly to you.  :lol:  I wonder why?   :smilielol:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007 - 02:20:04 AM »
Buyer beware!   :nono:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007 - 09:17:50 AM »
The seller is at fault,you are doing nothing wrong here.E-bay won`t get your money order back so either get a refund from the seller or the correct harness before you send anything back so at least you have the wrong one to sell to recoup some money.If he dosesn`t come thru-negative feedback.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline 2TAGS

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007 - 10:05:02 AM »
He's a crook.  Report him to eBay and leave negative feedback.  For every one negative feedback someone has there are probably five others that were afraid to leave it because of retaliation.  I will not bid if under 99%.
1971 'Cuda 340