Author Topic: XV "Factory Style" Belts or Racing Harness  (Read 1337 times)

nivvy

XV "Factory Style" Belts or Racing Harness
« on: August 26, 2007 - 12:00:43 AM »
I know 10.99 you need harnesses and I may clip into that??? But Also I am not putting a cage in the car so I will slow it down to compete...so just dont know what would be cooler???

I think Im going XV front and rears.....they look cool...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007 - 12:24:13 AM by StrOkEr »

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
Re: XV "Factory Style" Belts or Racing Harness
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007 - 01:30:27 AM »
I'm not sure how you could run a harness without a rollbar or cage to mount it to.  I think belts are your only choice
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007 - 01:56:39 AM by 360cuda »

nivvy

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007 - 09:01:25 AM »
there are floor mount kits that come with required square plates to mount to floor...

Offline gkring

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007 - 11:15:21 AM »
you can't run the shoulder belts on a 5 point harness without at least a 4 point cage. You may be able to run them all the way back to the package tray area and reinforce that, but it wouldn't be considered "cool". Mounting shoulder belts to the floor behind the driver is a bad idea. It compresses the driver in the event of a crash instead of holding them in place. I'd stick with the XV harness. On my street cars with cages I still run both sets of belts. Regular seat belts for the ease of mobility on the street and the harness for the track where you are locked in tight.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline RaptorF229

• A work in Progress
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007 - 01:42:33 AM »
I have the  xv belts in my cuda . For the look/price/ease of install I don't think they can be beat

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007 - 05:36:05 AM »

As Pete said, you can't run a harness without a roll cage, the package tray is hardly a mounting point lol, so, I guess belts are your only choice. XV look nice but there are also handful of others out there that do the same job, look just as good and perform just as they were designed too.

:2cents: :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60