Author Topic: Madeline Is Home In NZ  (Read 13218 times)

Offline JS23U0B

Re: Madeline Is Home In NZ
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007 - 12:50:08 AM »
I am very impressed, cant wait to see it black. Are you keeping the fog lights?

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007 - 12:53:34 AM »

Thanks mate and Yup! I love the spots. :grinyes:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline cudaboyandgirl

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007 - 01:06:38 AM »
Hey Carl, that's fantastic, I feel your excitement from here, pity about the dent, hopefully it will just knock out.  Good luck with the project  :woohoo:
1973 Barracuda
1972 Charger
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
1974 Triumph Stag Convertible

Offline EVIL72

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007 - 01:21:08 AM »
 Very nice looking car Carl  :2thumbs:
 That's my all time favorite car, and soon it will have the right color and motor :ylsuper:
 The blue does look nice though.
ROB
1972 Dodge Challenger 340ci
1970 Pro Street Duster (Under Construction)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007 - 01:28:18 AM »

Thanks guys, you're making me blush ------------>  :-[

G-Man - Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I guess I wasn't just lucky but did everything I could to make sure I got the car I wanted and more importantly, as it was described. Hasn't been all glamour for me, I ran off a list of around 15 Mopars a few weeks back that I have looked at locally and the other 9 or 10 were in the US. All the ones in the US I had viewed on my behalf and all were not as advertised, luckily I had them checked in person by people I trust. So, I saved myself hassle, stress & $$$ by having the cars checked prior to buying, if not, I would have thrown away some decent coin on some pretty average cars, a couple, complete turds.

A Hemi in Lucy? Nah, the 440ci Magnum is numbers matching so was always going to be left alone. I was always looking for a 440ci 4bbl, a 6bbl would have been nice but the Magnum engine was always my aim. Besides, I could never, ever, own a #'s Hemi car, too risky for me to enjoy properly, hence Madeline. Lucy's my factory car, Madeline is my all out car (of sorts) all out, but hidden. ;) I don't talk costs but it was a good buy. He was originally asking $55K USD, I got it for a nice project car less (71 Cuda).....so, that will give you some kind of an idea.

The reason I spent the money was to get a 100% complete car, minus the parts I have on order. Trim rings, grille, moldings, lights, etc etc all add up. Sure I could have paid half of what I did and got a rust bucket but then I'd still have to go out and buy all the parts from the moldings & lights to the  body panels & grille. The 71 grille restored costs $4K USD, add that on top of 1/4's, fenders, trunk floors and  so-on, it fast becomes the wrong way of doing it. So, I bit the bullet early and went for a solid complete car. IMO, it's the cheapest easiest way to do it.

Butthead? :lol2: That's my last name, Carl Bullivant (Bull-ah-von) It's French for yum. :lol: :wave:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007 - 01:31:47 AM »
Very nice looking car Carl  :2thumbs:
 That's my all time favorite car, and soon it will have the right color and motor :ylsuper:
 The blue does look nice though.

Thanks Evil, yup, Triple Black & Hemi + 5-Speed is my dream combo for the 71 Cudas.  :woo:  :cheers:

Offline Mr. 440SixPack

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007 - 05:31:51 AM »
Man, thats a beautiful piece! :worshippy I would leave the color like it is :2cents:
My dream: 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 440+6 Pack/4 speed Pistol Grip/Dana 60 rearend/PS, PB/Lime Light/Shaker hood/Rallye dash...

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007 - 05:50:40 AM »

Thanks mate the blue is nice, don't get me wrong but for me, Triple black is a totally different level. Besides, as I said the car will get stripped & restored, when I go that far down with the paint coming off, why not paint it black (or the colour I like)?  ;) Mine will look like the one below but with white letter tires & vinyl top. If I saw both of these cars parked up I'd be sprinting for the Triple Black keys well before I knew the blue keys existed. :biggrin:

:thumbsup:

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007 - 06:52:11 AM »
Congrats Carl, have you let out that deep breath over Madeline's arrival yet ;) Planning is a great skill to have and you've obviously had time to sort out the steps on this one. That always translates to less headaches and delays down the line. All good mate, can't wait to see the pics as she progresses :thumbsup:

:cheers:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline OzCuda

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007 - 07:00:35 AM »
Great looking car Carl.  I actually think the Blue/White combo with blue interior is pretty cool and very retro - it's the car I would make a bee-line for at a car show but this is coming from a guy with a limelight/white combo :thumbsup:
'70 Barracuda

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007 - 07:08:52 AM »

Thanks guys, much appreciated. ;) My Dad loves the blue & he's getting the hood (I'm going Shaker) so at this point in time it looks like he'll use the hood to match the paint which I believe is "Kandy Oriental Blue" so you may see some photos posted in a few years of a 73 Cuda from this part of the world wearing this shade. The photos don't do it justice, it's easily the best blue I have seen, in person or online. But, again, Triple Black is my dream colour combo for the 71 Cudas. Thanks once again for the comments guys. I know you love photos, so, didn't disappoint. :grinno:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007 - 08:15:00 AM »
Carl,  I would wait for the new Goodmark or AMD shaker hood.   I saw one in person at the Nationals and it is very nice for the money it is selling for.

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007 - 08:37:48 AM »
...but I have always wanted a 1970 Triple Black Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda...

Really?  So are you going to clone it now?   :poopoke: :bigsmile:

Offline aussie-e-body

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007 - 08:55:44 AM »
congrats carl,thats awesome.i really love the current colour combo (must be getting old)but nothing looks more sinister than a black cuda.
and with the big hemi in it,too much hard accelleration in an easterly direction and the land of the long white cloud is going to bump into the land of the long weekend. :smilielol:
hmmm,dont think i like wheel arch and sill moulds on black cars.
i want it all-i want it yesterday-and i want it for nothing

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007 - 09:01:17 AM »
Carl,  I would wait for the new Goodmark or AMD shaker hood.   I saw one in person at the Nationals and it is very nice for the money it is selling for.

Rob

Thanks Robb, (been planing to) and will defnitely take your advice on that.  :cheers: