Madeline Is Home In NZ

Author Topic: Madeline Is Home In NZ  (Read 13217 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Madeline Is Home In NZ
« on: August 27, 2007 - 10:56:12 PM »

Picked up Madeline today, man, sure is good to have it safely in the garage along with the mountain of goodies that accompanied her along her journey to the land of the long white cloud. Car was as described but there was a good sized dent passenger rear on the roof. Took some photos and will talk to Trevor the manager of the shipping depot about getting it covered on insurance, won't be a problem. Nothing major and an easy fix. Apart from that and being very, very, dirty, she was excellent.

Anyhow, some photos of Madeline and the parts: Keisler auto-manual kit, Dr-Diff built Dana 60 with disc brakes, XV steering column, XV suspension kit, XV body stiffening & strengthening kit & Lakewood scatter shield. As you'd expect, I'm very, very, happy. :grinyes: Will talk to the resto shop sometime next week and get this project underway ASAP. Just waiting on the Hemi and we can get on with it. So, after a good hose down and wash then towel dry down she was parked in the garage, safe and sound in her new home.

:woohoo: :woo: :wave:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Madeline Is Home In NZ
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007 - 11:01:35 PM »

Few more photos and the parts...........  :jumping:

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007 - 11:04:21 PM »
Wow, looks awesome, I didn't realize that you bought it without drivetrain, you must have worked a deal with the guy who kept some of the parts....Looks great!

Pics of parts!!   :jumping:   :picture:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

nivvy

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007 - 11:04:33 PM »
 :2thumbs:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007 - 11:07:34 PM »
Very Nice Carl.  How was the car sold without the dash pad and heater-a/c box?  When we saw the pics for sale earlier, I thought it was complete.

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007 - 11:21:25 PM »

Thanks lads. Robb, the photos you saw were what the seller (Greg) was using to show people the car. I made an offer to buy it without the drivetrain (383/727), no rallye wheels, no dash & no A/C unit. They took the dash as it's a A/C dash pad with speakers. I'm having no A/C with 1 speaker. Less weight and junk is what I am aiming for. This car will be built to haul, basically, a raw drivers car. :grinyes: He gave me a mint restored heater box control to replace the A/C one he removed.

I have a new legendary black interior kit just about ready to ship, everything bar the door panels as they are mint and will be restored and dyed black to get the best possible fit. All that is needed to buy is the shaker hood and I'm waiting for these new repros to come out to see what they're like or else I'm waiting on Scott Harms to respond back about some pricing to get the hood made under his supervision on my behalf. Which ever looks the best route, I'll take. Oh, I also need a complete heater box assembly too.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007 - 11:23:12 PM by NZ440R/T »

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007 - 11:24:08 PM »
 :cheers:  Glad she made it there safe   :2thumbs:

nivvy

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007 - 11:30:41 PM »
Man that car is ugly as heck...sorry... If it were mine I would triple black it and drop a hemi in it............. :bigsmile:

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007 - 11:32:56 PM »
Man that car is ugly as heck...sorry... If it were mine I would triple black it and drop a hemi in it............. :bigsmile:

:roflsmiley:  Yeah Carl...thats what i'd do if I were you . 

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007 - 11:56:18 PM »
That is a beauty NZ. The only thing that lessens the reality that you will tear it down is the prospect of what it will become.  :burnout: Can't wait to see it Back In Black!!!!!!  :nzflag:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007 - 11:59:28 PM »
OUCH! I can see the dent in one pic, looks like something was dropped on it? Maybe you will get some extra money to help with the transformation  :cheers:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline bentpshrods

• Almost there, Boise Id.
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007 - 12:03:18 AM »
   That is way cool   :2thumbs:  All you needed was to have a big red bow on top and start  opening all those new presents.  Have fun and let the   :working:  begin.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007 - 12:15:14 AM »

Thanks guys, too kind, kind of in shock at the moment as, well, it's the 'Cuda I always wanted.

Bentpushrods  -  :lol2:

BB71 - Yup, it is a lovely shade of blue, no doubt, but I have always wanted a 1970 Triple Black Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda. Now it's time to walk the talk and make that dream a reality. The dent is what I talked about in my first post (naughty, naughty for skim reading LOL) but I'm not sure how it got there as it definitely wasn't there before (see photo below). It won't be a big fix and will be covered by shipping (marine) insurance. Just a little careless on those large container boats I guess. Oh well, it's covered so I will get money to fix it.

I really like the car in the blue but black (IMO) will just take the car to another level. The biggest factor of all is I want the car stripped and inspected so I have peace of mind knowing that the car was taken right back and thoroughly restored by people who do top class work and people I trust. I can also watch over the project, just like Lucy.

Long way to go but this is a great start.  :swaying:

Offline FM3V6M

• TX9 383 4spd
    • mytx9cuda
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007 - 12:27:34 AM »
NZ, what r u going to do with that cool blue interior (those don't grow on trees), dye them or sell them to someone else and replace them with true black ones?  There are people out there who would love to buy an original blue int. I'm sure.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007 - 12:36:18 AM »

Will probably sell it locally. I'm keeping the door & kick panels everything else will be sold. I have new legandery stuff on it's way so all that will be sold or what-not will be used carpet and old seat covers, hardly a hobby loss.

:wave: