Madeline Is Home In NZ

Author Topic: Madeline Is Home In NZ  (Read 13238 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Madeline Is Home In NZ
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2007 - 04:38:27 PM »

Thanks mate. LOL! Yikes, in all honesty, you're probably better off buying it from the US. I could offer good prices on the parts but have no control over the shipping prices and being that we probably couldn't been any further apart even if you were on Mars, they won't be cheap rates.  :lol:

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2007 - 05:17:33 PM »
Must have missed this thread. Good to see her home now.  :2thumbs:

Since he is keeping the dash did he keep the VIN too, or did you get that with the purchase?

Lunch

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2007 - 08:51:52 PM »

HOLY SHlT!!! Thanks Lunchy, I didn't even think about that!?!?!?!  :22yikes: :faint:
I'm on to it right now, out to the garage to check the car if not I'll call him tonight and get him to send it ASAP.

Thanks mate!  ;)

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2007 - 09:52:12 PM »
Really ?  I noticed that right off but I figured it was in the trunk or something  :dunno:

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2007 - 11:41:41 PM »

HOLY SHlT!!! Thanks Lunchy, I didn't even think about that!?!?!?!  :22yikes: :faint:
I'm on to it right now, out to the garage to check the car if not I'll call him tonight and get him to send it ASAP.

Thanks mate!  ;)

Are you being serious  :clueless: all the little faces are throwing me off.  ;D

Lunch

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2007 - 02:05:37 AM »

Sorry Lunchy, yup, dead serious. I had a look, glove box, console, around and in the dash, trunk and in the trunk box of parts, nothing. I'll call him tomorrow and get him to ship it over. Lets say it was gone, am I able to get another one made?  :dunno: Or, does Madeline have to drive around with a bald spot?  :biggrin:

Pete - I should have but it's been pretty hectac around here latel and I guess I was a little caught up in the buzz of getting the car home along with the mountain of parts. My bad.

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2007 - 02:17:00 AM »
I know it may sound a little weird, but since the cars going to be a custom anyway, why dont you just get the tag [MADELINE] made up for her?

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2007 - 12:55:43 AM »

Not a stupid Idea Andrew, maybe I will, the fender tag was always going to be a custom one, so thanks for the idea, hadn't thought about that. Good to see you back at CCC as well. 

:2thumbs:

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2007 - 02:06:42 AM »
The fendertag will be easy but there is no one making VIN tags because it’s illegal. I would contact the seller and get him to remove the factory VIN and send it to you. (and that is wrong in some eyes...)

Lunch

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2007 - 02:22:51 AM »

Hey Lunchy, I called the seller but about 30 seconds into the phone call remembered that the car had a box of stuff in the interior, I moved it out of the car and put it with the other boxes of goodies and forgot to check it, so, told him this and he said to let him know if it isn't there. Well, my bad lol. Sure enough, it was wrapped in a plastic bag then placed into another bag so all is good and well! Thanks for reminding me to check, yet again CCC members have come to the rescue.

Cheers,
Carl

Ps: Now, if you can find me an SRT10 Night Runner Ram, you truly are a God.  :lol2:

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2007 - 02:48:25 AM »
The fendertag will be easy but there is no one making VIN tags because it’s illegal.

I think the laws on things like that may be different down here. Quite often you see rare aussie chryslers (E49s, E55s) being rebodied and sold with the VIN numbers off the high dollar car attached, with the seller stating that fact quite clearly in the listing. I guess when it comes down to it, the body is just another part, as is the engine. Why should there be any difference between a high dollar car with a non-origonal engine and a high dollar car with a non-origonal body?

Im quite surprised at the progress you've made on this one already. I guess I was away for longer than I thought...

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2007 - 03:29:59 PM »
Carl: 

Glad the tag was present, its nice to have it with the car where it supposed to be.

Andrew:

I see what you mean and I am sure they are different laws accordind such things between the two countries. I agree the body is just another part, but it is 80% of the car. Its the part that brings everything else together to make the car complete. What if Goodmark made complete bodies for E-body's, then you could take any basket case out there and make it a new car again. It's only orignal once.

Reboding is like bringing a dead person back to life, once its gone its gone IMHO.

Lunch

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2007 - 04:06:33 PM »

Well, my bad lol. Sure enough, it was wrapped in a plastic bag then placed into another bag so all is good and well! Thanks for reminding me to check, yet again CCC members have come to the rescue.
Cheers,
Carl

:2thumbs:

Offline chevyconvert

• HvacMan
  • Member since November 04, 2005
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2007 - 04:36:58 PM »
Haven't been around much lately. Glad to see you finally got your car.
Add the special "rosette" rivets for your dash VIN to your list of parts needed.
Hope the transformation goes smooth.
Eric
'70 Hemi Orange RT/SE 440 Six Pack Pistol-Grip 4 speed
Bay Area California

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2007 - 11:18:54 PM »

Thanks Eric, good to see you around.  :cheers: