Author Topic: Clones or Whatever  (Read 2988 times)

nivvy

Clones or Whatever
« on: August 29, 2007 - 05:54:30 PM »
No such thing in the mopar world...think about it? a clone car is a Pontiac Fiero with a Lambo kit on it???

The only mopar part on my 499 is the shaft holddowns....does this make it a "clone" 440..... :villagers:
what about the megablock that has no mopar parts on it??? wanna be 440???

No more using the word Clone on this website!!!

CC.Com Rule: 1970.74 - Clone is not to be associated with anything related to mopar and will not be tolerated. Using such word WILL result in removal from website and mopar & all parts owned by user will be auctioned off on ebay with all profits going to re-buy back chyrsler!

:bigsmile:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Clones or Whatever
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007 - 06:14:00 PM »

CC.Com Rule: 1970.74 - Clone is not to be associated with anything related to mopar and will not be tolerated. Using such word WILL result in removal from website and mopar & all parts owned by user will be auctioned off on ebay with all profits going to re-buy back chyrsler!

WOW you'll make a tough moderator for a website.  So . . what spurred this topic and discussion?  :clueless:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007 - 06:25:23 PM »
WOW you'll make a tough moderator for a website.  So . . what spurred this topic and discussion?  :clueless:

:iagree:

Whats the deal?  This topic has been  :horse:  There's an entire thread in the Classic section.  No one is arguing with you.   :dunno:

CLONE

Now what are you going to do? 

nivvy

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007 - 06:25:45 PM »
just reading to much about it lately.... just a peave right now....Ill get over it once the calendar comes out......

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007 - 06:39:54 PM »
I know what you're talkin' about.  I had a peave about it some time ago and we had a big discussion on the subject here and came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a true clone in the car world. 

Offline 70challengerrt

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007 - 07:09:38 PM »
Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone....Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone.... Clone.....Clone......Clone....  :poopoke: :poopoke:   LOL  Sorry I just couldn't resist. :angelwings:

sleepychallenger

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007 - 07:14:31 PM »
I know what you're talkin' about.  I had a peave about it some time ago and we had a big discussion on the subject here and came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a true clone in the car world. 
:iagree: could not agree more

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007 - 07:27:47 PM »
You can clone a sheep.......not a car.
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007 - 09:49:54 PM »
I agree with all you guys, but, whats a better generic word for a car that is not original / is posing to be something else?

I AM NOT SAYING POSING IN A BAD WAY!   :grinno:

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007 - 10:04:48 PM »
I wish I could clone my hair!!  :22yikes: All you can do is move it from one place to another!! :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
Matt

sleepychallenger

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007 - 10:06:06 PM »
me personally, i would call it a car. if we are talking a 225 barracuda "posing" as a hemi cuda, nice cuda  :bigsmile: if it rolls and looks good, who cares, its a ride.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007 - 11:00:21 PM »

I don't like the word myself but for some it's an easier and faster reference. It's a "440+6 70 Cuda clone" is a lot easier to tell someone rather than: "It's a 440+6 70 Cuda with all parts you'd find on a factory car but the engine has a different VIN number on it, so it's close but not quite a factory car yet I used all the correct parts as you would see on a concourse car".

It all depends how anal you want to get. You could argue the point that nothing in this world is a clone. That sheep has a 1/100000th of a dot on it's chest, that one doesn't. I think clone cars are out there and can be done. Restore a car to factory concourse condition and use a Warranty block. Cars came from the factory like that. But, of course the Fender will be incorrect but still. It's ether that or a replica or just say what it is but say it's non-#s.

:2cents:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline matt63

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007 - 11:03:36 PM »
I wish I could clone my hair!!  :22yikes: All you can do is move it from one place to another!! :roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:

Matt B.
You might look funny with short curly hair?
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007 - 11:43:27 PM »
I found this definition on the internet.... :roflsmiley:  :roflsmiley:

clone

n. 1. An exact duplicate: "Our product is a clone of their product." Implies a legal reimplementation from documentation or by reverse-engineering. Also connotes lower price.
2. A shoddy, spurious copy: "Their product is a clone of our product."
3. A blatant ripoff, most likely violating copyright, patent, or trade secret protections: "Your product is a clone of my product." This use implies legal action is pending.
4. `PC clone:' a PC-BUS/ISA or EISA-compatible 80x86-based microcomputer (this use is sometimes spelled `klone' or `PClone'). These invariably have much more bang for the buck than the IBM archetypes they resemble.
5. In the construction `Unix clone': An OS designed to deliver a Unix-lookalike environment without Unix license fees, or with additional `mission-critical' features such as support for real-time programming.
6. v. To make an exact copy of something. "Let me clone that" might mean "I want to borrow that paper so I can make a photocopy" or "Let me get a copy of that file before you mung it".

My vote is to drop the term "Clone" from the automotive field all together.  It is more of a medical term than a term to discribe cars.

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline 360 'CUDA

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007 - 01:29:06 AM »
I think I like "poser" better  :2thumbs: