Author Topic: I really miss my 72 cuda  (Read 663 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
I really miss my 72 cuda
« on: August 30, 2007 - 10:35:26 PM »
I have owned around 100 e bodies (no joke) still have a few rusted ones hidden, but this particular cuda just has always been with me since 1979.  I need to finish this car in a year. It has many many memories.  3780 lbs when I first put it into the 9.90 bracket and it was a street car. The best it went was a 9.72  never had nitrous always ran a dominator, special roller cam, 5k stall, 277 low first gear, 2 1/8 headmans, 3.5 inch exhaust and 3.91 gears.

I decided to make it a super comp car, so it's been a 7yr slow project. but it weighs under 2500 with me in it. All home made. I just got to find time to go purchase new quarters and put the body back on.

The big killer is I still have all the body numbers. fender tag dash tag rad support, title. But will probably never convert it back to a street car. I just miss it. Going to the sonic drive inn and racing after hrs on the street. Marking off the 1/4 mile and starting races with a flashlight. People would come by at 1am when I was asleep at times just to give me 50 bucks   IE... go race on a bet. The first pic is when I would go to the track and bolt slicks on it. I installed a ladder bar set up on it. But it was a street car. The other 2 pics is what I did to it. I just miss my cuda. The purple 70 has no value to me like this factory red 72 I bought for 100 bucks and came with 4 engines.  340, 400, 392 hemi, and a 383. funnest car I ever owned.  I was always amazed at the power. With slicks, it used to pull the front wheels up 1.5' for around 30 ft.  When I bought the car, it was a dog house for a german shepherd. Never hurt the door panels.

Here's some pics....sorry I'm just feeling down tonight.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Re: I really miss my 72 cuda
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007 - 10:44:38 PM »
Al

Did you do all that work your self?

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007 - 10:49:40 PM »
Kind of a joint effort with my partner Marcus. I paid out 2k so he could take a chassis building course through Jerry Bickel. I build the engines and electronics and stuff. Marcus does the chassis and rear ends. We both did the parachutes, fuel injection and other stuff. But he is the master welder. I did have a 4spd lenco in it and went back to the 727.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007 - 10:58:37 PM »
WOW I didnt know you were that deep into the race secne?  Pretty cool though.  I see you look to have a RB engine in that car.  Did you ever concider a Hemi?

Cuda Guy

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007 - 11:05:27 PM »
I got hemi's too.  let me see if I can find a pic of the engines in my old office. Yes they still can run, just setting up.  I dont have the time anymore and I am getting old.  Might not pass my physical anymore to re new my NHRA licsense

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007 - 11:10:28 PM »
Sweet!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007 - 11:39:20 PM »
WOW great looking stuff!!   :drool:   Yeo I would be missin' it too!   :grinyes: